Logitech web camera not working on Skypes latest version???

Ive got a logitech pro 5000 web camera, the video bit doesnt work on the latest version of skype, ive had to uninstall it and install the older 6.1 version to get the video to work, its no big deal..... but is there a way to get it to work on the latest version of skype ?? Im running windows xp home edition.

Comments

• noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justmadeit wrote: »
    Ive got a logitech pro 5000 web camera, the video bit doesnt work on the latest version of skype, ive had to uninstall it and install the older 6.1 version to get the video to work, its no big deal..... but is there a way to get it to work on the latest version of skype ?? Im running windows xp home edition.

skype is awful now, since MS took it over they have mucked it up.

using it last night to talk to a a relative in the states and it just crashed, for no reason what so ever.
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    I was using it last night as well to chat to my daughter in Gran Canaria and it wasn't bad at all. She was at home but sometimes when she is out and about it can be iffy due to poor Wi-Fi signals.
    I'm on XP with a Logitech camera and Skype 6.3.
    Forum Member
    You could try using the latest edition of Skype and uninstalling the webcam, then reinstall it, has it got the latest software ?
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    I was using it last night as well to chat to my daughter in Gran Canaria and it wasn't bad at all. She was at home but sometimes when she is out and about it can be iffy due to poor Wi-Fi signals.
    I'm on XP with a Logitech camera and Skype 6.3.

Reverse for me, I was chatting from GC with a chum in the States, seems to be working problem free.
  • JustmadeitJustmadeit Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    You could try using the latest edition of Skype and uninstalling the webcam, then reinstall it, has it got the latest software ?

latest software yes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have reselected it as the video device?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Does sound like it's not selected as main camera (unless you have another camera laptop cam or something) partner had the same thing when I gave my old webcam to her. Just select it as main device
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Does sound like it's not selected as main camera (unless you have another camera laptop cam or something) partner had the same thing when I gave my old webcam to her. Just select it as main device[/QUOTE]

How do i do that? Do you mean on skype or elsewhere ?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Does sound like it's not selected as main camera (unless you have another camera laptop cam or something) partner had the same thing when I gave my old webcam to her. Just select it as main device[/QUOTE]

How do i do that? Do you mean on skype or elsewhere ?

Skype.

Click on tools/Options and then click on video settings. You should find the cam there
    Forum Member

Skype.

Click on tools/Options and then click on video settings. You should find the cam there

Its not showing on the new version of skype, ive had to install an older version and the video shows up on there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possible pbkac here. :(
    Forum Member

Skype.

Its not showing on the new version of skype, ive had to install an older version and the video shows up on there

With the new version installed sign in and then click tools, options, video settings ..... on the right it should tell you the webcam you are using and display the picture.
    It should show your webcam though during the setup of Skype, are you removing the previous version before installing the new one ?
    Forum Member

With the new version installed sign in and then click tools, options, video settings ..... on the right it should tell you the webcam you are using and display the picture.
    It should show your webcam though during the setup of Skype, are you removing the previous version before installing the new one ?

i didnt have a previous version initally, i just put the latest version straight on, just got the webcam, its all wowrking fine on the old version of skype ive now put on after uninstalling the latest version, it just wouldnt find the video though the built in microhone worked ok
    Forum Member
    A bit strange that it found the mic on the camera but no video, I don't know why ?
    I suppose if it works on the previous version of Skype then you will have to put up with that .... I can't think of any differences though between old and new versions, so maybe it doesn't matter.
    Forum Member
    shhftw wrote: »
    Possible pbkac here. :(

what does that mean ?

ive just put the new version of skype on again after uninstalling the old version and the videos not working again, so maybe its not compatible with my camera, the logitech pro 5000 ??
  • curiousclivecuriousclive Posts: 378
    Forum Member

Its not showing on the new version of Skype, Ive had to install an older version and the video shows up on there

There may be a drop down list where it allows you to choose what camera to use normally.