The UNKNOWN Factor - Battle Rounds

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
Forum Member
Good evening DS forum, so after a few weeks the auduions finished and the select panel was revealed along with the decisions which meant that the entire teams were revealed.

Tonight Jack and his team will go to battle to try to win places in the live shows. So lets welcome Jack and his team of contestants
Twem
Camila Cabello
Ben Kelly
Tara Simon
Todd Sarvies
Dilana
Sarina Voorn
Michael Collings
Ida
Stereo Hoggz
Danielle Penning
Mikael Saari
Matt Gresham
Adam Hynes
Sara fra Thorsø
Loveable Rogues

So Jack you here and ready to go?

Like I said, only Jack needs to comment tonight but if any of the other judges want to comment feel free :)

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Yep I am ready to go :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Great so Jack first and foremost can you reveal who you have got as your helper??
    Forum Member
    My Helper was the amazing I've Got Class (Jess)
    Forum Member
    Awesome I am glad to still have Jess involved with the show :) so welcome Jess

So now onto business and we have the first of Jacks battles tonight which pitches Ben Kelly up against Twem singing We Are Golden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEhutIEUq8k
    Forum Member
    Ben Kelly vs Twem

You guys are the two indie pop artists that I know could put on some amazing upbeat and entertaining performances which is exactly why I put you two together as you are quite similar in the aspect of the direction I would like to take you in. I chose Mika as it was an artist that just leaped out at me for you two and it suits the campness and upbeatness of Twem and the quirky nature of Ben which is really what I wanted to embrace from both of you through this duet. You both worked well together and it was a very fun and entertaining duet!
    Forum Member
    Well done to both Twen and Ben and amazing battle. So hoping to follow in a similar but oh so different style is Todd Sarvies and Dilana singing Monster

Dilana http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW8hNKpGkxo
    Todd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9NStVkSCuk
    Forum Member
    Todd Sarvies vs Dilana

Now you two are my amazing rock artists and I was actually quite amazed at how hard it was to choose a duet for both of you that would allow you both to show off the different sides of you. I realised how hard it actually was though as duets with both your different voices. In the end though I found this on and it was amazing for you both and you could really feel the intensity coming off both of you throughout the battle which is exactly what I wanted to see from both of you. I am very proud of you both!
    Forum Member
    Wow another amazing performance from Team Jack. Its looking so far as though there is gonna be some hard choices for you tonight Jack. Hoping to make that decision evern tougher is Sarina and Danielle singing Two Way Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SH0pVVBmN0
    Forum Member
    Sarina Voorn vs Danielle

Sarina and Danielle you are both very different artists with one of you being very blues/jazzy and the other being very RnB/rock so I wanted to try and incorporate both of those styles into this performance. Sarina you really showed off the power you have in your voice through this performance and Danielle I think you did the same and really proved yourself through this performance.
    Forum Member
    Well done ladies you two were going all out tonight to try to win a place on the show. Now also hoping to make an impression on their judge tonight is Camila and Tara who tonight will battle it out singing Human

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08zIT4g8Qfc
    Forum Member
    Camila Cabello vs Tara Simon

Now this is where I really wanted an interesting dark battle. Both of you have good voices but Camila yours is a lot weaker than Tara and I really wanted to see you actually try and battle for your place and see if you could keep up with Tara and I think you did just manage to do it. Tara you just went for it and became even more powerful than when we originally listened to you and you just gave that song a great emotional and powerful twist!
    Forum Member
    Wow and intense battle from two amazingly talented ladies. As Jack said a dark intense but amazing battle. Jack I dont envy you having to make these decisions :p. SO up next I am pleased to welcome to the stage Michael Collings and Mikael Saari who tonight will battle it out singing Too Close

Michael: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QomKuWMIc0
    Mikael: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuvdzBt64RQ
    Forum Member
    Michael Collings vs Mikael Saari

The Battle of the Michaels/Mikaels. I really wanted to put you two together as even though you have different styles you’re definitely the two who put the most emotion into their performances and I really wanted to try and get you both to try something similar. Mikael you put a lot of emotion into the performance and it was different from what you originally did with the whole intensity thing being eliminated. Michael you really did a fantastic job with twisting the song up and making it your own!
    Forum Member
    A very interesting but amazing performance form the Michaels tonight. So now we can welcome up onto the stage Ida and Stereo Hogzz who are hoping to absolutely bring down the house tonight and show Jack and Jess why they deserve a place on the show singing Somebody That I Used To Know

Ida http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxLK1misbw
    Stereo Hogzz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4fQDURCzKc
    Forum Member
    Ida vs Stereo Hogzz

Now this is where it got interesting between you two. I really wanted to show the different sides between you two with the Stereo Hogzz soul and urban style and Ida’s quirky indie style. Stereo Hogzz you did a fantastic rendition with the whole funk soul version and Ida you did a really quirky version as well which was really captivating and when you both came together it was a fantastic blend of different styles!
    Forum Member
    Now thats exactly what I call an intense battle between 2 contestants. 2 completely different styles coming together like that was impressive. Hoping to continue on the great performances from the team is Matt and Sara singing Birds Of A Feather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxDto6_4PKg
    Forum Member
    Matt Gresham vs Sara

You’re both very interesting artists and both have a style that I really enjoy. Sara you gave a very beautiful rendition of the song and really did show us all how much emotion you can put into a song. Matt you did exactly the same, you showed how much emotion you can put into a performance and also how you can change the song up to your advantage.
    Forum Member
    Jack you team is certainly on a roll tonight with some amazing battles and you have only one battle left who are hoping to throw a massive spanner in the works and make this decision as difficult as possible for you tonight. So lets get this last battle underway with Loveable Rogues and Adam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvzzTICvJs
    Forum Member
    Loveable Rogues vs Adam Hynes

Now I really really found it hard for you two as you’re both very different styles with Adam being very indie and Loveable Rogues being very happy chappy and I believe I managed to combine your styles into a song that worked decently as a battle. Adam you did well with the more singing parts and Loveable Rogues you did very well with the happy chappy parts and I think you both gave a good battle.
    Forum Member
    A massive well done to Team Jack you all did an amazing job tonight, and your hard work is over now and its all in the hands of Jack and Jess. So Jack you and Jess now need to decide the winners of each battle that you will take to your judges house to battle for a place in the live shows.

And a note to the other judges this is where you need to pay attention. Remember back to the original description of the show, and you will hopefully remember the STEAL option. Each judge has the chance to steal one act that is rejectd at this stage of the competition. But remember that if you steal an act that doenst win their battle they automatically take one of your places at judges house. To make it as fair as possible I will give you judges 24 hours to consider the loosing acts and decide if you wanna steal and if you do make sure you are on at 7:00 tomorrow to post :)

So Jack when you have made all your decisions please post a list of the acts that you will take to judges houses with you.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those were some fantastic battles. I've got my eye on several acts.
    Forum Member
    Ben Kelly vs Twem: I feel that both of these two gave fantastic performances that showed off what they really are all about and I think both of them gave an outstanding battle. For me though there was only one winner though and that’s just because I think he has more potential and that is Ben Kelly.

Todd Sarcies vs Dilana: I really like you both and think you both really have potential to go extremely far in the competition. Todd you gave a fantastic performance with intensity and power, Dilana you gave such a twist and power to the song. I am putting through Dilana.

Sarina Voorn vs Danielle Penning: you both have brilliant voices in different ways. Sarina I do like you a lot but I think overall in this battle, Danielle won it so Danielle is through.

Camila Cabello vs Tara Simon: For me this was no competition. Camila although I do love your quirky and lovely voice, Tara won it.

Michael Collings vs Mikael Saari: This was really difficult. Michael you gave a fantastic rendition of the song and it was really nice vocally. Mikael it was intense and very beautiful and I think that you won it for me. Mikael Saari win.

Ida vs Stereo Hogzz: Ida you in my opinion just dominated that battle and although the Stereo Hogzz still gave a brilliant performance I say Ida wins.

Matt Gresham vs Sara: Now this one was hard. I love them both a lot but overall I feel that Sara deserves it more so Sara win.

Loveable Rogues vs Adam Hynes: I really think that out of the both of you Loveable Rogues are the riskier choice and could be very interesting to work with so Loveable Rogues win.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great battles tonight and there is one act that I would consider stealing but I'm going to mull over it now and I may get back to you Steve!
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved these battles Jack, especially Dilana's, I think she is a real contender after that performance. Those are a very strong top 8 indeed.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder, which team will be next after the "steal" time limit finishes?