The leaf in the first page

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
Forum Member
Sorry if the significance has been discussed already, but erm what did she mean by it. I felt that wasn't very clear, atleast not to me

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All will be revealed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    -.- well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was as in 'turning over a new leaf', but it's apparently going to be a significant part of the next episode, so worry not! :)
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was as in 'turning over a new leaf'. :)
    I thought that was the meaning also, a leaf by any other name is a curious one:D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    It's her mojo.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arguably the most persuasive section is the prologue, before we reach Akhaten, a flurry of poignant moments in which the Doctor checks out Clara’s background and learns the significance of her dried maple leaf (seen last episode pressed inside her old book, 101 Places to Visit).
    Forum Member
    http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2013/04/doctor-who-the-rings-of-akhaten-clara-2.jpg Pft there's the leaf, he obviously knows it's from there which makes him visit there. I don't know why I'm so obsessed about it -.-
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I expect when she says it's Page One, she means it's from the first place she ever wanted to visit, i.e. the reason she started the book.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it is fate that the Doctor found the leaf in the book, The Doctor off to his Waterloo:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I thought it was the phrase 'turning over a new leaf' or 'take a leaf out of someone else's book.'
  • prof_traversprof_travers Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I wonder whether she picked up the leaf ...
    when this Clara first met the Doctor (i.e. on the swings in the prologue). It was thus the "first page" of their time together.
    which implies that even at nine years old
    she actually knew who the "strange man" on the swing was:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who will be annoyed if I said it is because Clara is the Rani, and the leaf is like her fobwatch? :D hehe
    Forum Member
    I wonder whether she picked up the leaf ...
    when this Clara first met the Doctor (i.e. on the swings in the prologue). It was thus the "first page" of their time together.
    which implies that even at nine years old
    she actually knew who the "strange man" on the swing was:eek:

That would be crazy, I doubt that's it, but would still be crazy
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well there's an old phrase "take a leaf out of my book," - or "out of someone's book." Not sure the relevance yet, but it was the first thing I thought of when the Doctor took the leaf out the book.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me it looked like there was a similar looking tree at the front of the house she was staying in. This was where she started her journey from.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    To me it looked like there was a similar looking tree at the front of the house she was staying in. This was where she started her journey from.

Now that makes a lot of sense. I like it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member

Yes. It also showed this tree quite clearly (albeit upside down) when the plane flew over in a way that kind of made me think may well have been deliberate.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2013/04/doctor-who-the-rings-of-akhaten-clara-2.jpg Pft there's the leaf, he obviously knows it's from there which makes him visit there. I don't know why I'm so obsessed about it -.-

That's not the same leaf at all! They are very different types: this one is from the last episode.
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    That's not the same leaf at all! They are very different types: this one is from the last episode.

Well then I stand corrected on that one, well I'm back to being befuddled for another 4 days till the next episode.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Well then I stand corrected on that one, well I'm back to being befuddled for another 4 days till the next episode.

A good 'befuddled' though, I hope?
    Forum Member
    It's always a good befuddled when it comes to the doctor ;)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Maybe collecting leaves is her thing? Maybe that's how she intended to commemorate all the wonderful places she had visited, by taking a literal leaf from each one?