Archer

MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just started watching archer on Netflix. I reckon it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Any idea when series 4 is going to be shown (did a search on here but could not find one. Apologies if one already exists)

Comments

• DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started watching it too, very funny. Hopefully Netflix will add episodes at a later date, when....not sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youse and I might like Archer, but its black and decadent humour and dirty jokes seem not to appeal to many. Surprising.

Series 4 has been shown in the USA - I watch it 'elsewhere'.

Series 5 has been given the go-ahead.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just in the middle of a re-watch - back up to the start of season three. Even second time around it's by far the funniest thing I've seen in a long long time.

It's worth noting that they made a three part special "Heart of Archness" that airs between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3 which variously gets referred to as episodes 14-16 of season 2 or 1-3 of season 3
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least the three of us like it :-) I think it's a brilliant show. I must try and find season 4 "elsewhere". My fave character are Barry and Cheryl.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I make 5...

Anyway, I thought Channel 5 was showing it over here? I've watched it through other means... As well as buying the Blu Rays, when released.

And if you like Archer, it might be worth checking out Frisky Dingo, which came before it.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Murraymar wrote: »
    I have just started watching archer on Netflix. I reckon it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Any idea when series 4 is going to be shown (did a search on here but could not find one. Apologies if one already exists)

I reckon you are right.

I've introduced a lot of people to Archer. Everyone loves it.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Murraymar wrote: »
    My fave character are Barry and Cheryl.

I prefer Dr. Krieger.

Krieger: I'm not a serial killer!
    Archer: Wait, why did you emphasize "serial"?
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    And I make 5...

Anyway, I thought Channel 5 was showing it over here? I've watched it through other means... As well as buying the Blu Rays, when released.

And if you like Archer, it might be worth checking out Frisky Dingo, which came before it.

Thanks for the tip must try and find it online. I don't get channel 5. I'm in Ireland
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Archer Season 4 is on 5* monday 15th july .
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Archer, I have season 4 but not watched it yet.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scumble wrote: »
    Youse and I might like Archer, but its black and decadent humour and dirty jokes seem not to appeal to many. Surprising.

Series 4 has been shown in the USA - I watch it 'elsewhere'.

Series 5 has been given the go-ahead.
    It continues to score highly with reviewers and has been nonimated for and/or won a umber of awards. The last being the 2012 Critics Choice awards for Best Animated Series only a month or two ago.

So there's more than just a few of us who like it. :D

PS - How To Archer is a very funny read.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Brilliantly funny.
    Just wish the DVD's were uncensored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best animated show on TV by far!

I love Cheryl and Pam.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Archer

I caught season 1 a few years ago but never saw the other seasons. Rewatching season 1 now.

Brilliant show. I love how it had storylines, something you never see in animated shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for season 4 :) Haven't switched to 5* in agees
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't anyone watch last night ?

was great , loved the Bob's Burgers routine !

5* don't even promote it ! the best thing they've got on as well .

seems to be on a different night next week .

btw - weren't they all stuck on a space shuttle at the end of last season ?
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    btw - weren't they all stuck on a space shuttle at the end of last season ?

No, they escaped at the end. Barry, however, is still there.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Whats up with this? Seems to be skipping two weeks and then showing in a 2am slot - also eps out of order - unless digiguide listings are wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Yeah if 5* continue to mess about with Archer I will just watch them all on Netflix instead.

edit: Just saw 5* showed episode 8 instead of episode 2? What are they doing?
    Forum Member
    Rowan146 wrote: »
    Yeah if 5* continue to mess about with Archer I will just watch them all on Netflix instead.

edit: Just saw 5* showed episode 8 instead of episode 2? What are they doing?

I can't believe they ****ed it up again. they did the exact same thing with season 3.

I've actually email a complaint. i cont believe i'm that motivated.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already seen season 4 anyway. You are in for a treat. Especially the finale :)

This is why i rarely watch shows on UK television because either the timeslots, i don't have the channel or the majority of the US shows i watch have still yet to ever air here.
    Forum Member
    I've already seen season 4 anyway. You are in for a treat. Especially the finale :)

This is why i rarely watch shows on UK television because either the timeslots, i don't have the channel or the majority of the US shows i watch have still yet to ever air here.

Sadly the finale is two part.

they'll probably show part two of it next week. and the first part 5 weeks later.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I've just starting watching "Archer" S1 last week. A very good show, and completely different
    to any of the big animated comedies on the US. And as a "Bob's Burgers" fan it was
    great to hear H. Jon Benjamin in action.
    Forum Member
    The next episode is episode 1 again. On the 7th august. At 2.30am

I mean wtf
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,648
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    The next episode is episode 1 again. On the 7th august. At 2.30am

I mean wtf

On a guide I found, they follow that with episode 8 and 2 on the 8th, then 3 and 4 on the 14th, all at around 2-2:30am.

I really hope Netflix gets it soon, it's ridiculous.