Galaxy S3 Screen Burn

smoggieboonsmoggieboon Posts: 1,179
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My Samsung S3 is only 6 months old and it has terrible screen burn, thanks to the tunein radio app.. Last year Samsung originally said it wasn't a fault, but have now backed down and said they will repair it for free.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2012/07/12/2012071201281.html

Has anyone been onto their provider to get this sorted? I want mine fixed, but am stressing at the thought of being without my phone for a couple of weeks.

Comments

• late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    This is one of the hidden problems with OLED.

The Blue Cells also age much faster. a S2 OLED is very now green in comparison to a new S4 OLED due to age.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    My n8 is nearly 3 years old. Has no burn in and white balance issues.

My understanding is that whilst it is true the blue led's do have a shorter time to half brightness. You are talking 1000s of hours before you have even a 1% difference.

If the Samsung screen has burn in it's just faulty.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Quick question, but how was it tune in? I use it all the time and i had no issues with my S3 when i had it.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't you normally have the screen off for tunein
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    Wouldn't you normally have the screen off for tunein

My screen goes off when using tunein like it does on any app if left alone.
  • smoggieboonsmoggieboon Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Quick question, but how was it tune in? I use it all the time and i had no issues with my S3 when i had it.

In bed I have a Philips Dock for my S3, and unless you physically turn the screen off, it stays on whilst in the dock. You can then see at a glance what is playing now, and what is next. . . On a light screen I have the TuneIn logo top left, and the controls at the bottom.