Help identifying an actress please!

pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've seen other people start these kind of threads and get results, so it's worth a shot, although in all honesty I'll be staggered if anyone can help because I haven't really got much to go on.

I think this woman I know looks like somebody famous, and I'm fairly certain it's an actress. I can't place what I've seen her in, but I'm fairly sure it'll be UK TV rather than film. She'll be mid 20s-mid 30s probably. She has blonde hair, probably pulled and tied back in a pony-tail, not really long though. She is not stick thin, but certainly not fat, so her face isn't gaunt or anything. She's attractive. There may be something about her chin too, slightly prominent or maybe a dimple or something. I can imagine her playing quite a tough, ballsy main character.

Erm... thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keirston Wareing? Your description is exceptionally vague, I can't imagine you'll get many hits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne-Marie Duff?

Maxine Peake?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would help if you could name some of the shows she has been in
  • pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keirston Wareing? Your description is exceptionally vague, I can't imagine you'll get many hits.
    I know, sorry. It's annoying because I can practically see the woman in my head, but I'm so bad at describing (I often wonder what would happen if I had to help the police make a photofit).

She's older than the woman you've mentioned there, and not as obviously attractive. Her face is a little rounder, and she's probably not that thin.

Thanks for trying!
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
    Forum Member
    Yes that's not much to go on.

Do you know anything about what sort of programs she does? A presenter, actress, comedy, drama, sports?

What about her voice - does she have an accent or a lisp or a funny way of pronouncing certain letters etc?

Please help us to help yourself.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucy Davis?
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa Faulkner?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    It would help if you could name some of the shows she has been in

I know, and I'm sorry but I can't think of any. I don't watch a huge amount of TV, my missus watches EastEnders and we tend to watch a lot of dramas, especially detective stuff. I could see her playing a policewoman but I can't be sure.

She's not as striking as Sally Bretton and not as thin as Anne-Marie Duff.

Thanks to everyone so far!
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,524
    Forum Member
    I don't know why but the actress who played Sam Mitchell in Eastenders (when Daniella Westbrook left) popped into my head then. She had a cleft in her chin, blonde hair she sometimes had it in a pony tail and it wasn't too long. Kim Medcalf I think her name is. It's probably not her though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why but the actress who played Sam Mitchell in Eastenders (when Daniella Westbrook left) popped into my head then. She had a cleft in her chin, blonde hair she sometimes had it in a pony tail and it wasn't too long. Kim Medcalf I think her name is. It's probably not her though!

No sorry, not Kim - older.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honeysuckle Weeks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you figure it out please come back and tell us, I'm curious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Cordingly?

Lesley Sharpe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    Honeysuckle Weeks?

No, older than that. More "ordinary" looking as well. As I said, she is attractive, but in a "plain" way I guess. Not striking or anything.
    Forum Member
    pjc229 wrote: »
    No sorry, not Kim - older.

You said mid 20's-mid 30's that's why I thought of her, she fit in to that age bracket:) It's going to bug me now until someone says the right person!
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say she is mid 20's to 30.... And then say she is older than the actresses people have mentioned who are all well over 30.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Cordingly?

Lesley Sharpe?

No, older than Beth - slightly younger than Lesley and more conventionally attractive, IYSWIM - neater features, slightly rounder face I would say. I'm beginning to forget what she looks like myself now though. (Thank you for trying!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    You say she is mid 20's to 30.... And then say she is older than the actresses people have mentioned who are all well over 30.....

Sorry, again that's an artefact of me being bad at describing - I'm similarly bad at ageing people. I would actually imagine she's mid 30s, but then she could be much younger so I didn't want to rule that age group out.

I think I'll have to go away and scour lists to try and find her myself, I had hoped somebody would just hit it by fluke, but nevermind. Thanks to everyone, I'm well aware that it's my own inability to describe which hasn't produced a result.
  • Mandy73Mandy73 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    You said mid 20's-mid 30's that's why I thought of her, she fit in to that age bracket:) It's going to bug me now until someone says the right person!

It's going to bug me too!

Jaime Winstone?
    Kelly Adams? (Hustle)
    Joanne Froggatt (Downton Abbey[/I?

This is seriously going to bug me! And another poster already said, please let us know when you find out who it is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjc229 wrote: »
    Sorry, again that's an artefact of me being bad at describing - I'm similarly bad at ageing people. I would actually imagine she's mid 30s, but then she could be much younger so I didn't want to rule that age group out.

I think I'll have to go away and scour lists to try and find her myself, I had hoped somebody would just hit it by fluke, but nevermind. Thanks to everyone, I'm well aware that it's my own inability to describe which hasn't produced a result.

Maybe you could post a pic of your friend and then we could tell you who she looks like? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DFI wrote: »
    Maybe you could post a pic of your friend and then we could tell you who she looks like? :D

If I could, I would, but it's just a neighbour and I don't really know her as such!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamsin Outhwaite?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandy73 wrote: »
    It's going to bug me too!

Jaime Winstone?
    Kelly Adams? (Hustle)
    Joanne Froggatt (Downton Abbey[/I?

This is seriously going to bug me! And another poster already said, please let us know when you find out who it is!

Haha, sorry, it shouldn't really bug you as I haven't given you anywhere near enough to think "ooh yeah I know who you mean, what's her name?"!

Joanne Froggatt is good though - bit older, but right sort of "look". I would say the mouth is smaller. That might be a distinctive feature actually.
    Forum Member
    Samantha Morton?