Who will be the next biggest Girlband with Girls Aloud splitting up?

mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Even though Girls Aloud have only split up for good now.

Would it be The Saturday's they've been around a good few years. I still don't know how they've not had a #1 single with many great hits . I still think they are really popular and have the potential to be.

or would it possibly be Little Mix?

Or some other girlband in the making or reforming?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go with either The Saturdays, Little Mix or Fifth Harmony from the US X Factor if they're marketed right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there really many girlbands out there...??

The Sats, Little Mix & Stooshe are the only ones I can think of.

Little Mix are going nowhere!
    Stooshe have the potential to be worldwide stars given the right songs & promotion.. I think they are in danger of being forgotten about.
    The Saturdays are now in a stronger position than ever before - now is their time to steal Girls Alouds fans & perhaps get a bigger following. I think we have another album from The Sats.

There's a group called M.O who look promising - sadly, nobody cares about them. Lol.

I think Little Mix will be the biggest!!!!!!
    Although I hope its Stooshe!
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Stooshe, there songs have been great so far, minus the Waterfall's cover and I recently watched a video of them performing their new single Slip and it sounds great.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I missing something but aren't the Sugababes still together? also with Mutya Keisha Siobhan coming back surely both of them topple ANY of the bands listed above.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sirocco758 wrote: »
    Am I missing something but aren't the Sugababes still together? also with Mutya Keisha Siobhan coming back surely both of them topple ANY of the bands listed above.

I think everyone knows now the sugababes won't be back .
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katzenjammer (wishful thinking)
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Are there really many girlbands out there...??

The Sats, Little Mix & Stooshe are the only ones I can think of.

Little Mix are going nowhere!
    Stooshe have the potential to be worldwide stars given the right songs & promotion.. I think they are in danger of being forgotten about.
    The Saturdays are now in a stronger position than ever before - now is their time to steal Girls Alouds fans & perhaps get a bigger following. I think we have another album from The Sats.

There's a group called M.O who look promising - sadly, nobody cares about them. Lol.

I think Little Mix will be the biggest!!!!!!
    Although I hope its Stooshe!

I could not have put it better myself.

Edit: Oh maybe the Sugababes will be next, I forgot about them
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Little Mix and Stooshe will take over

The saturdays may be having the possibility of a number 1 single, but their albums never sell well and I can't imagine how they make their label any money at all, especially giving the awful performance of their last album. They should of been dropped after the wordshaker album. I give The Saturdays till next year to announce a GH and to go on a "break"
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    There's a group called M.O who look promising - sadly, nobody cares about them.

I do! I love their song Wait Your Turn. They remind me of a modern-day Mis-Teeq.

Anyway if The Saturdays (who I'm a massive fan of) get their first No 1 this weekend they'll take over. It'll be even better if their next album does well. Little Mix might eventually and they have the potential to become big. Or maybe even MKS or Stooshe.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are girl bands even relevant anymore? :confused: GA had a lengthy break before splitting, The Saturday's it's taken them god knows how many years to get a number one single.
  • RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocketpop wrote: »
    Katzenjammer (wishful thinking)

Quoting myself!

Check this live performance out - no lip synching, no autotune, no backing tapes here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdQCcsIgBoA

Song really starts at 2 minutes, but watch it all.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I think Little Mix and possibly Stooshe will do well internationally and I can see The Saturdays taking the Girls aloud spot and doing only really good in the UK. I hope MKS do well as I'm exicted to hear there new material.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Saturdays - I wish them all the best as I've really warmed to them lately, Maybe due to watching Chasing The Saturdays I've started to like the girls more now as a band and individually and they do actually put out some really great songs but they are more a single selling band as they don't really sell as many album but seeing as their new album has had some great writers and producers I'm hoping it does well for them and of course they are on course for their first number 1 this week which is great for a band that's been around 5 years

Little Mix - I think they have an edge over other girl bands out there at the moment with their tight harmonys, great vocals and very slick production and I think as they're only at the start of their career I think we'll be seeing alot of them here in the UK and I think they've got great global appeal so they could well be the next big girlband - They're totally different to Girls Aloud too which I think is a great thing
    Forum Member
    Little Mix - I think they have an edge over other girl bands out there at the moment with their tight harmonys, great vocals and very slick production and I think as they're only at the start of their career I think we'll be seeing alot of them here in the UK and I think they've got great global appeal so they could well be the next big girlband - They're totally different to Girls Aloud too which I think is a great thing

Little Mix kinda remind me of 90s/early 00s urban and R&B groups. They seem to have found their own sound and identity and they have plenty of potential.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix i think they`ve quickly found their sound / style and all that and they`re doing well (imo their album is my fave from a girlband in years) hopefully they can keep it up.

i can see original sugababes doing well too

if handled right maybe Fifth Harmony i guess we`ll see on this one

The Saturdays might have a decent era this time i wouldn`t say they`ll be massive tho
    Forum Member
    I think Little Mix and Stooshe will take over

The saturdays may be having the possibility of a number 1 single, but their albums never sell well and I can't imagine how they make their label any money at all, especially giving the awful performance of their last album. They should of been dropped after the wordshaker album. I give The Saturdays till next year to announce a GH and to go on a "break"

I think The Saturdays (or their label) make a lot of money from touring and endorsements. Their singles always sell well. Maybe albums just don't sell as well as they used to? And I doubt they're going to release a GH soon. They've got a new album coming out this year and who knows what happens after that?
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Chasing The Saturdays is giving The Saturdays good promotion even though they haven't gotten a #1 yet. When they finally get to #1 I can see them being more successful after they do have a fanbase and are likeable. It's just The Saturdays weren't formed from a tv show which is why it's taking them longer. And with Girlbands always finding it harder in the music industry. I'm hoping they get that number 1 single this week it shows they are coming to a turning point. They genuinely seem happy together too.

Little Mix are different and they have X Factor which is a huge platform which will help them. I think they aren't releasing the best songs from the album but Wings and DNA were fine . I really don't think they should release "How ya doin" there are better songs on the album .

I'm not sure I can see MKS being that sucessful the best line up was the 2nd one in my opinion anyway.

This new band only just heard them now "From Above" seem quite good.
    http://www.contactmusic.com/press/mathew-knowles-launches-british-girl-group-from-above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bFhWCBZMU
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Stunners, making a comeback!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_APSeu_SY
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    People are already pinpointing on which member of "Fifth Harmony" will make it out of the group to go "solo"..lol

Basically who's the next Beyonce or Justin Timberlake?

Isn't that what these groups will come down to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Hopefully Stooshe, there songs have been great so far, minus the Waterfall's cover and I recently watched a video of them performing their new single Slip and it sounds great.

I agree with you. I don't know if the will be the biggest girlband but I definitely think that they should be. I love all of their songs that I've heard so far; they have really good voices and personalities (imo); and they were great when I saw them live last year.
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,153
    Forum Member
    I think The Franklys show great promise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fP_xRVwB0o
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,153
    Forum Member
    Oh, and Savages, of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y-cVzbBBQ8
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song From Above http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-gXAMYLlg8
    is really good.
    I hope they become more known they seem like they could be a big girl band.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    From Above split up. They were trying to make it for years, Mathew Knowles (Beyonce's dad) managed them but they weren't getting anywhere. Similarly to The Saturdays, they had an ex-S Club Junior has a member.

None of The X Factor acts have longevity and I really doubt Little Mix will be any different. Things will go well for a while but as more winners emerge, they'll become less of a priority and things will fizzle out. Look at Leona at the moment.

Stooshe are already on shaky grounds with Waterfalls flopping and their album being delayed. It might take them a while to get back on track and by that time Mutya Keisha Siobhan will have launched and Stooshe may find themselves without a market.

I think it's pretty much going to come down to The Saturdays and Mutya Keisha Siobhan. MKS have nostalgia and credibility on their side while The Saturdays are established and resilient. It might have taken them a long time to get to #1 but look at how many acts have come and gone in the meantime. They've been around for 5 years already and longevity is an achievement in itself. Their brand of bright, upbeat pop has a stable niche market. While other acts may experience a huge amount of success and disappear, I think The Saturdays will continue having moderate success for a long time to come. MKS will easily co-exist alongside The Saturdays as a more credible alternative.