Problems sending documents via Sky email account

Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have had this problem over the past 3 or 4 days. Has anyone else? The documents I am sending are those I have sent previously - and are not bulky. It takes loads of time 'thinking' about attaching them (and I give up). Cheers.

Comments

• Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, no one is interested! Came up with the bright idea to create a Hotmail e-mail account for the sole purpose of sending document given my problemas with Sky e-mail. You guessed it - every time I try and send a document internet explorer stops working! Any ideas?
  • barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what kind of documents? mild suspicion: are the documents still open in whatever you are using to create them? files could be locked somehow ..... if not could be your security software blocking things
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    I saw your post but didn't have much help other than to say that I had no problem sending documents using Sky email.
    I never use Sky email but just thought I'd give it a try and sent a couple of text documents and a photo to a Hotmail address, all was fine.
    Now that its not working in Hotmail as well maybe you could try resetting Internet Explorer (I use Firefox).
    Open Internet Explorer and go to tools, internet options, adavanced and click on reset.
    May or may not work, no harm in trying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks both. I have set up a gmail account and that seems to do the trick. I have installed google chrome and now need to find a way to remove internet explorer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks both. I have set up a gmail account and that seems to do the trick. I have installed google chrome and now need to find a way to remove internet explorer!
    you can't remove internet explorer, it's a vital part of windows for accessing internet -- whichever browser you might use bits of internet explorer are in use
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I thought it was a little odd I had no option to remove via ad or remove programs. Oh well. Thanks again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I thought it was a little odd I had no option to remove via ad or remove programs. Oh well. Thanks again.
    you can however remove access to it in default programs settings if you wish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, will give that a go. Am now having the same problem in gmail notwithstanding that I sent the same document 5 mins earlier!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have multiple browsers installed here, 12 in all (some are isolated duplicates), removing or adding them makes no difference to system performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frustrating. Every time I click on the (Excel) document to attach it the program stops working.