Pauline Quirke and Lighterlite - where is she?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just noticed a new campaign for Lighterlite and they have changed it from Pauline Quirke to someone else, I just wanted to know if PQ has kept the weight off or if she had put it back on, I supposed that if she had kept the weight off they would be only too happy to re-employ her for at least another year, as Lighterlite was always seen as a temporary weight loss programme and PQ could have proved otherwise,so any news of Miss Quirke?

Comments

• chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Interview with Linda Robson in Woman mag this week about her & Paulines weigh loss with LL.
    She says Pau lines put some back on but looks better for it, she looked a bit 'gaunt'.

She says she hates the fact that the press are just waiting too see Pauline put all the weight back on
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her a photo of her on some woman's magazine garbage AND she out the weight back on! For her size to be thin was not realisitic and nor could she keep up that reegime of what is alien to her(iel being thin and healthy)

Like all diets for women of that size it is a roly poly diet and the lifetsyle finally gets back to her.I am afraid that is the human body.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pauline's probably sat munching on some leftover Pringles and Quality Streets somewhere :D
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard she's started to put it back on. Not surprising really as many people do. Even experts said she'd put it back on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2015429/Sorry-Pauline-Quirke-WILL-weight-says-Dr-Ellie-Cannon.html

Lighterlife's founder. Not much of an ad for her diet is she? :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She lost so much weight she disappeared???
  • somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been filming 'broadchurch' for the past few months in Bristol, Somerset and Dorset with David Tennant, to be shown on ITV later this year.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    Interview with Linda Robson in Woman mag this week about her & Paulines weigh loss with LL.
    She says Pau lines put some back on but looks better for it, she looked a bit 'gaunt'.

She says she hates the fact that the press are just waiting too see Pauline put all the weight back on

Hardly.

In any case, no surprise she has piled most of it back on - very unsustainable weight loss programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing with weight loss is when it works and you're on a roll you think 'I'll just lose a bit more, a bit more' and the effects can make you look a bit gaunt and ill until you face sort of catches up. Thing is people advise 'Oh, you've lost too much. Put some back on' and then you fall into your old bad habit. Best thing is to carry on and keep it off. Eventually you reach a plateau where you maintain your weight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    I've heard she's started to put it back on. Not surprising really as many people do. Even experts said she'd put it back on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2015429/Sorry-Pauline-Quirke-WILL-weight-says-Dr-Ellie-Cannon.html

Lighterlife's founder. Not much of an ad for her diet is she? :D

350 calories a day????:eek: Im not surprised the weight falls off. How can that calorie intake be sustainable???:confused: No wonder the weights going back on.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even when she was on TV 30-odd years ago Pauline was always quite big. That's obviously her natural body shape. It was inevitable a lot of the weight would come back eventually.

She should think about trying a more sustainable weight loss programme for the long term, not these 300 calories a day cons.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Pauline's probably sat munching on some leftover Pringles and Quality Streets somewhere :D

Well she wasn't muching and scoffing Walkers lite crisps! :D

I feel sorry for her as being FAT is what is her body is used to and achieving that goal is admirable as it was a target/project. But when that goal is achieved curries. cream cakes. beer, mars bars, Big Macs. Twixes etc is a natural craving for her!

It is one thing to walk across a tight wire but staying on that wire permanently is impossible! :(
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Yes I was surprised to see the new campaign without Pauline. I was surprised and stunned by Fern Britton on Strictly as she too has regained a large amount of her weight back, despite the gastric band!! She was about four stone heavier than she was on her FERN TV Talk Show on Channel 4. I have kept my weight off for over a year but I did WeightWathchers and watch carefully what I eat and walk every day. If you stop controlling your food intake and go back to your old habits, of course the weight comes back. I would have thought being paid tons of money to promote a slimming campaign would motivate you to keep the weight off!!! Obviously not!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought being paid tons of money to promote a slimming campaign would motivate you to keep the weight off!!! Obviously not!!

Why should it, as they'd already have been paid no matter what.

Perhaps if the likes of Britton & Quirke had had to wait for their payments, they'd have been more motivated to stay thin. It looks like neither have much willpower and shows people do anything if the price is right....
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When, when, when are people going to learn that the best way to lose weight is to do it slowly and steadily, along with exercise. You don't lose only fat on these extremely low calorie diets. Anyone who claims to lose 'half a stone in a week' isn't losing fat. That's technically impossible, unless they were burning 3500 calories more a day than they were taking in. The weight will go back on once the calorie intake goes up....and sometimes more. The best way to keep it off is to do it over a longer period of time and not starve yourself.
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Why should it, as they'd already have been paid no matter what.

Perhaps if the likes of Britton & Quirke had had to wait for their payments, they'd have been more motivated to stay thin. It looks like neither have much willpower and shows people do anything if the price is right....

BUT to keep the job and be part of the promotion you have to keep the weight off. If Pauline had managed that she could make even more money this year from the advertising campaign. I do not know if Fern got any money for dieting/gastric band business. I know Jessica Simpson got something like $4 million from WeightWatchers, did not lose the amount of weight expected and then got pregnant again! Hilarious. I am sure WeightWatchers were furious. I cannot believe they would part with so much money if you did not keep to the contract. She was supposed to lose 60lbs and do a year's advertising promotion for WeightWatchers.
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »

Well nobody FORCED Pauline to front the advertising campaign for LiterLife. She took the money and now cannot start to complain that the media are watching her to see if she puts the weight back on. If she really wanted to shift the weight she could have done it privately.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LL is quite unsustainable really only having something like 500 calories a day.

I love PQ, Birds of a Feather was one of my favourite shows and I saw them live last year. I do think PQ suits being abit bigger better. In the first 2 series of BOAF she was a 16/18 (She said this in 1 episode I think) and she looked really well.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

I love PQ, Birds of a Feather was one of my favourite shows and I saw them live last year. I do think PQ suits being abit bigger better. In the first 2 series of BOAF she was a 16/18 (She said this in 1 episode I think) and she looked really well.

I did think she looked better a bit bigger she didnt look well being as thin as she went to , but she did have to lose weight for health reasons including a hip replacement due to osteoarthritis
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well nobody FORCED Pauline to front the advertising campaign for LiterLife. She took the money and now cannot start to complain that the media are watching her to see if she puts the weight back on. If she really wanted to shift the weight she could have done it privately.

Exactly. But where's the 'kerching' factor in that, eh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I know someone who went on the Lighter Life diet and she lost seven stone in as many months. We saw her at a reception and she looked slim but sad because she could only sip water.
    Eight months later I saw her at Christmas and every bit of that weight she had lost was back on her body. But at least she was happilly enjoying herself.
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 'friend' and her mum both did LL, and 'friend' has managed to keep weight off(apart from a few pounds gain) but mum has put it all back on, and is now going to Rosemary Conley.

I need to lose 4 stone myself, and 'friend' tole me to do LL, yeah, if I want to just drink fluids for the next six months, and throw my rent money down the drain, LL will be the one I'll go with.

Always loved Pauline Quirke, and like Dawn French, neither suit skinny.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »

Bit off topic but was the show any good?
    Its coming to my home town soon and im trying to decide whether to get my mum tickets for that or something else?
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 2 years ago I had a friend call me up absolutely ecstatic with her L/L results By some fluke she happened to be in a crowd for an event on TV a few weeks ago.I was watching as I knew she was there and suddenly the camera settled on her and she had regained every pound plus some more.
    It's hardly surprising - how can you live on so few calories and then start eating gradually again ? it's bound to go back on.
    I haven't seen any recent pics of PQ either.Maybe L/L are hoping she'll keep a low profile ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Maybe L/L are hoping she'll keep a low profile ?

Sadly for them if she's put that much weight on, you probably can't miss her ;)
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for her.I'd hate to be under that pressure.