New <Freetime> Update

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Hmmm that's wife in 2 days I have had to switch freesat box on via the button on front as remote wouldn't switch it on, but the works after the unit is switched on, most annoying
    Forum Member
    also another niggle drives me mad, sometimes when i have watched a recording i click on it to delete it and it doesnt delete sometimes takes 2 times, and also sometimes i have to go back to the menu as it wont scroll up or down the recording list.....

hope another update to fix minor bugs comes soon
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    You are on firmware version .37 aren't you Mark, as those are some of the bugs that were present on the old firmware but have now been fixed?
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    You are on firmware version .37 aren't you Mark, as those are some of the bugs that were present on the old firmware but have now been fixed?

Yep sure am on the latest firmware
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    also another niggle drives me mad, sometimes when i have watched a recording i click on it to delete it and it doesnt delete sometimes takes 2 times, and also sometimes i have to go back to the menu as it wont scroll up or down the recording list.....

Have always had the deleting issue and I suffered the not scrolling down issue last night.
    Forum Member
    Mind you the recordings planner is a real dogs breakfast and needs some serious sorting out. All the endless scrolling and confusing page numbers, what's that all about?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »

Had the delete niggle. It only seems to happen while the box is recording.
  • mihaidmihaid Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Good to hear the issues are being ironed out. I will start to give this box some serious consideration now. :)
    I would go through the list of bugs seen here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1729968, check what's been resolved in this forum and then make my decision, CH4 Ch5 still not in.
    Forum Member
    mihaid wrote: »
    I would go through the list of bugs seen here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1729968, check what's been resolved in this forum and then make my decision, CH4 Ch5 still not in.

A cynic may conclude that a certain person with the initials RD does not welcome the On Demand competition for Freeview.
  • mihaidmihaid Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Initials are not my strong suit.
    Anyway I love/have freeview and freesat both.just the current implementation leaves me cold still. The niggles mentioned here would drive me nuts everyday. And to pay a premium pricefor it? Noooo
    Forum Member
    mihaid wrote: »
    Initials are not my strong suit.
    Anyway I love/have freeview and freesat both.just the current implementation leaves me cold still. The niggles mentioned here would drive me nuts everyday. And to pay a premium pricefor it? Noooo

I should perhaps have said Youview, not Freeview.
    Forum Member
    Mmmmmmm this 4OD & D5 situation is getting a little tiresome now. Wonder when the next communication will say end of May or early June :rolleyes:.
    Aubrey
    Freesat Team

Re: Any news on 4OD etc ?
    ‎08-04-2013 01:47 PM

Hi Paul and everyone else looking for an update.

I can confirm that we are progressing well with 4OD and I hope that we will have some more definitive news either at the end of April or early May.

We will keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Aubrey
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm this 4OD & D5 situation is getting a little tiresome now. Wonder when the next communication will say end of May or early June :rolleyes:.

I notice he doesn't say which year? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    I notice he doesn't say which year? :rolleyes:

Ha Ha, yeah go have a look on Freesat community as he didn't like a joke about it either.
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/Any-news-on-4OD-etc/m-p/6748#U6748
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Samsung rebooted again during a recording playback yesterday so I ordered the 1Tb HDR-1000S which arrived this morning.

It already has 1.0.0.37 dated 18/02/13

I note the mains plug has a 13amp fuse in it when for the size of flex it should be a 3amp which I have now fitted.

1st recording seems to work but I note in the guide the logo for BBC 2 HD still says BBC HD.

Also am I correct in assuming that if a program on CHN4 is also in HD that it does not offer to record that?

Automan.
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »
    My Samsung rebooted again during a recording playback yesterday so I ordered the 1Tb HDR-1000S which arrived this morning.

It already has 1.0.0.37 dated 18/02/13

I note the mains plug has a 13amp fuse in it when for the size of flex it should be a 3amp which I have now fitted.

1st recording seems to work but I note in the guide the logo for BBC 2 HD still says BBC HD.

Also am I correct in assuming that if a program on CHN4 is also in HD that it does not offer to record that?

Automan.

The BBCHD logo will change by itself.
    Yes your correct about Channel4/4HD as channel 4 choose not to add the appropriate data to the program info to tell the box what to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that info...

My first problem, I bring the box out of standby but my LG TV tells me there is no signal on that HDMI input :( (Unit does display channel name on front).

A Google search shows this can be a problem and more so when it is recording so I guess I will have to wait till recording stops or head for the loft for a scart cable :(

I had set the picture to 1080p

Automan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that info...

My first problem, I bring the box out of standby but my LG TV tells me there is no signal on that HDMI input :( (Unit does display channel name on front).

A Google search shows this can be a problem and more so when it is recording so I guess I will have to wait till recording stops or head for the loft for a scart cable :(

I had set the picture to 1080p

Automan.

Try using 1080i.

Try changing the TV to it's own tuner and back to the
    hmi input.

Does the box changethe displayed channel if you use the remote channel up/down buttons ? Does this bring back the pictures ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried changing HDMI inputs to other active ones, to the TV internal Freeview tuner and turning the TV off all with no luck (also tried unplugging the HDMI cable).

The HDR1000 did indicate a channel change but with no picture :(

Unit had stopped recording but had not yet gone asleep so I unplugged it from the mains and I now have a picture again.

I will change the video out from 1080p to 1080i to see if that helps next time...

BTW, does the TV/AV button on the remote have any function? I see no mention of it in the manual.

Automan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Automan;65427384BTW, does the TV/AV button on the remote have any function? I see no mention of it in the manual.

Automan.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't do anything, whether it will in the future I haven't a clue :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to have been better since I set 1080i rather than 1080p

Perhaps I should change it back and see what happens?

I think it has recorded all my requested programs okay but I think the units calculation whether a recordings has been watched completely or not needs a tweak.

An option to turn off the scrolling program title would also be nice :)

Automan.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    Seems to have been better since I set 1080i rather than 1080p

Perhaps I should change it back and see what happens?

Why would you set it to 1080P anyway, it just means it has to process and scale every single programme - setting it to 1080i means HD programmes don't need de-interlacing, and only SD ones are scaled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Big Thumbs Down...

Just got in at 21:00 and tried to bring the box out of standby.

It just stuck saying on the display "free time" with no TV picture but no a "No Signal" message.

Finally gave up and unplugged from mains and it then responded better.

However every recording since last night has failed giving the same start and end time.

15 failed recordings to be precise :(

Not sure if any of my other PVR's has been this bad...

EDIT:
    If it is related the last thing it recorded was on 5. CSI Crime Scene Investigation.

It made a recording 2hr20m15s long which is of course longer than a episode (and two were on back to back).

Automan.
    Forum Member
    A Big Thumbs Down...

Just got in at 21:00 and tried to bring the box out of standby.

It just stuck saying on the display "free time" with no TV picture but no a "No Signal" message.

Finally gave up and unplugged from mains and it then responded better.

However every recording since last night has failed giving the same start and end time.

15 failed recordings to be precise :(

Not sure if any of my other PVR's has been this bad...

EDIT:
    If it is related the last thing it recorded was on 5. CSI Crime Scene Investigation.

It made a recording 2hr20m15s long which is of course longer than a episode (and two were on back to back).

Automan.
    I think your best bet is to format the HHD and do a Factory Default and see if things improve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Box still working and I see the 1Tb one is now down to £255.00 (I paid £269.00 a week ago).

Automan.