What PAYG has the longest lasting credit once activated?

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean, once a top up has been credited to a phone, some only last for 30 days. Does anyone have a tariff where the top ups do not have to be used within a certain timescale? Cost per minute isn't a primary concern.

Ta.

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    I use Fresh operated by Carphone Warehouse. Its a PAYG but does not use top-up cards. It does a monthly debit from my credit card and there is no concept of unused credit expiring. Not sure it there is an alternative way to use it without a credit card though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most Pay As You Go Networks including 02, Vodafone, Orange & T-Mobile dont have an expiry date on Credit. The only limit is you have to make at least one chargable call from the handset every six months to keep it active and in service!
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i don't think there's been any expiting credit since about 1999
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin you have to keep it active in 1 year.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Pay As You Go Networks including 02, Vodafone, Orange & T-Mobile dont have an expiry date on Credit. The only limit is you have to make at least one chargable call from the handset every six months to keep it active and in service!

I did not realise. I thought credit only lasted a set time once it was activated. Thanks for the info.
  • ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only network that lasts 30 days now on payg is 3 but i could be wrong on that one
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilovekrys wrote:
    the only network that lasts 30 days now on payg is 3 but i could be wrong on that one
    Well, only 'cause you asked, but the Top Up vouchers on 3 do NOT expire (anymore, that is).

While the initial credit that comes with the phone has a 60 day expiry, subsequent Cash Top Ups (£10, £15 and £20) do not run out.

It seems that most networks pre-pay systems are aligned on TopUp expiry; and good for them too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I know on Orange Pay As You Go the £1 Free Credit runs out in 30 days if you don't use it. Apart from that its yours for as long as you like. Just remember to make that one call every six months to keep yourself active.
  • m419m419 Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3-Mobile airtime credit expires after 30 days.*
    T-Mobile airtime credit expires after 180 days.
    O2 airtime credit expires after 180 days.
    Virgin Mobile airtime credit expires after 365 days
    Vodafone airtime credit expires after 90 days.

If your account remains out of credit or unused for the above length of time, you will loose this credit and your account and number will be terminated. No refunds are given.

*3-Mobile: After 30 days, your account will still be active but you must top up your account before 90 days otherwise your service will end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vodafone is now 90 Days!!! Really??
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m419 wrote:
    3-Mobile airtime credit expires after 30 days....
    No it DOESN'T :mad: (as I said in my previous post)

Click here and look under the 'Cash Top Up' heading - No Expiry Date!

Also the Vodafone 90 days thing is new to me. You sure about that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob.bobsta wrote:
    I mean, once a top up has been credited to a phone, some only last for 30 days. Does anyone have a tariff where the top ups do not have to be used within a certain timescale? Cost per minute isn't a primary concern.

Ta.
    virgin is 365 days before you have to top up.
  • ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Cable wrote:
    Well, only 'cause you asked, but the Top Up vouchers on 3 do NOT expire (anymore, that is).

While the initial credit that comes with the phone has a 60 day expiry, subsequent Cash Top Ups (£10, £15 and £20) do not run out.

It seems that most networks pre-pay systems are aligned on TopUp expiry; and good for them too!
    thank you for helping me out on that one cheers mate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a quick look at the PAYT T&C Online, and it still says 180 days.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    m419 wrote:
    3-Mobile airtime credit expires after 30 days.*
    T-Mobile airtime credit expires after 180 days.
    O2 airtime credit expires after 180 days.
    Virgin Mobile airtime credit expires after 365 days
    Vodafone airtime credit expires after 90 days.

If your account remains out of credit or unused for the above length of time, you will loose this credit and your account and number will be terminated. No refunds are given.

*3-Mobile: After 30 days, your account will still be active but you must top up your account before 90 days otherwise your service will end.

Where on earth are you getting your information??? Are you just making it up???
  • m419m419 Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I was told by a Vodafone rep that it is 90 days.

I know for a fact that the Next step,All calls and flat rate price plans had a 90 day expiry. However, Original and Smartplus seem to be 180 days from looking at their site.

Next step was a price plan which was introduced a few years ago and was a real rip off. Vodafone would take 50p away from your account and that would be your calling allowance to call anyone at anytime for just 10p per minute, this would be done everyday, if you run out of credit, then incomming calls will be barred. This was a stupid price plan and it was a good thing that Vodafone stopped it.