Just how delusional are Richard and Adam?

2»

Comments

• ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Who's knows for certain whether they did actually said those exact words. Attraction were also supposed to have said that all the
    fuss over the egg woman had taken the glory of the win away from them (or words to that effect).

As I said who knows whether either parties even said those things, papers do have a habit of twisting things ever so slightly...
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    "She has destroyed our dream. She might regret it now and say sorry, but it's too late for us - we will never get that moment back. It's gone forever."

Reporting like this is showing them in a negative light. Someone is destroying their dream and it is not Miss Egg Thrower. :confused:

Well to be honest if these are genuine quotes I think that they may be slightly at fault for believing that going on BGT is the only chance one has of making a successful career for themselves.
    It's a misguided way of thinking that BGT is what you have to do.
    If somebody is good enough then they certainly shouldn't feel that they have to depend on BGT to give them their ONLY chance.

If you are naive enough to believe that going on BGT is the answer to all your dreams then maybe you have to take a reality check.

I'd really like to believe that this is a made up story because I'd much prefer to remember them has having great dignity and carrying on like troopers in the face of what happened on the night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Still do not get how Egg woman ruined their act. I thought she enhanced it and gave it credit. :confused:

In a way she gave them an opportunity for them to display a high level of professionalism which they would never have got otherwise.
    To whinge about it now takes the shine of that a little bit. If indeed those are actual quotes.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Coming third out of thousands of people is still very good - how is that "a dream destroyed" :confused:
    Also they were good but BGT will now give them more exposure than they might otherwise have had.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a way she gave them an opportunity for them to display a high level of professionalism which they would never have got otherwise.

True. Despite the unexpected interruption they carried on almost seamlessly, showing their professionalism. If anything she did them a favour.

Their real handicap was the grinning gurning grimacing grotesque grannie - she did them no favours at all.
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True. Despite the unexpected interruption they carried on almost seamlessly, showing their professionalism. If anything she did them a favour.

Their real handicap was the grinning gurning grimacing grotesque grannie - she did them no favours at all.

and the fact that before egg woman came on, their performance was considerably weaker than their original audition. They weren't together at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3rd is also a very good placing.
    Simon has supported acts who have placed lower on his shows before, and has even given less support to winners.
    So I think it's a bit churlish to complain about coming in 3rd place.
    Coming 1st is certainly no guarantee of future success any more than coming 3rd is.
    Forum Member
    Not so delusional. They have just signed a record deal with Sony and are releasing their first album 'The Impossible Dream' at the end of July.

Good luck to them both...
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be buying it
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    I thought their Impossible Dream was out of tune and sounded dreadful. Murdered the song.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,135
    Forum Member
    It took you a month to get that off your chest?
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got their album and it is super album
    Forum Member
    I got their album and it is super album

Me too...I do skip over Amazing Grace because I have a great dislike of that song, but the rest are great....Bring Him Home has had a hammering already!!
  • AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They got to no 1 in the official album charts, well done to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are also rumored to be releasing a Christmas album.