Coleen Nolan and Kay Adams return to Loose Women.

jannajanna Posts: 7,323
Forum Member
So the producers seem to be taking the show back to it's roots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2442676/Coleen-Nolan-Kaye-Adams-return-Loose-Women-panel.html

Kay was always a wise panel leader and very sensible and I think Coleen is moved on and ready to get back to injecting humour without the need to be OTT outrageous.

Hopefully the new version will focus on proper discussion again rather than dissing men in general and talking about getting drunk and flashing their bits. Might be worth watching again actually.

Comments

• Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off-topic but poor widdle Denise didn't like the nasty new producer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/denise-welch-quits-loose-women-2343462

What will she do to keep her sad little life in the public eye now.
    Fall off the wagon with a resounding crash presumably.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stunned that Colleen Nolan hasn't had offers of work flooding in and is going back with her tail between her legs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kaye Adams is way too good for such nonsense.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

I just hope she doesn't turn up in the jungle next month as I'm quite looking forward to IAC at the moment.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coleen just couldn't keep away.....she only left a few months ago. :yawn:

I'm surprised Kaye would go back to this. The tone of conversation has deteriorated even further than when she originally left.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member

OOH.......

“Every show needs a shake-up. But the way the show’s going I’ve felt that my wings have been clipped.
    "Fundamentally the fun of the show is what made it for me, and I feel the way it’s going is losing the fun of it.”

About bleedin time her irritating wings were clipped. It's her yakking on about drink and blokes with Mc Giffin that has derailed the show.
    Sounds like they want more serious discussion and less boob-flashing and falling down drunk stories. And lets face it, that's really all Denise is good for.
    Anyway Lincoln will have her 24/7 now, so THAT will prove interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I just hope she doesn't turn up in the jungle next month as I'm quite looking forward to IAC at the moment.

Eeek! Don't give her any ideas, just in case she reads this! ;)
    Sloopy wrote: »

I'm surprised Kaye would go back to this. The tone of conversation has deteriorated even further than when she originally left.

Possibly lack of publicity. Although with Coleen it seems to be a case of hearing Bernie's voice in the ether.
    Coleen said: “I realise life’s too short. I keep hearing her say, ‘Life bloody goes on’. And that’s right.

www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coleen-nolans-return-loose-women-2343119
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »

Coleen has been gone over two years now. She left in July 2011 according to the article I posted. I know, time flies.

I agree it has deteriorated but I truly think that Coleen's original humour was just right back in the day, before the whole gig was hi-jacked by Carol and Denise and made to sound like well lubricated women squawking in a Club lavvy at 2am .
    I think Coleen got sucked into it all ....all the hooting and hilarity that pushed serious discussion aside. Possibly now she has seen the light and no doubt will be glad of the renewed income because as Pru intimated , she has hardly been setting the world on fire since she left LW..
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,807
    Forum Member
    Explains why Carol McMuffin did CBB and announced she'd quit before she was fired?
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will give it a try now Denise and Carol have left..to loud mouthed women who's behaviour gets on my nerves
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I do think along with losing her job, Denise might have trouble keeping her other half now the purse strings are tighter.
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I do think along with losing her job, Denise might have trouble keeping her other half now the purse strings are tighter.
    I agree gillie. Aside from the massive financial drop she might find the lack of a day job debilitating mentally and while she irritates me beyond belief I truly hope it doesn't trigger a bout of depression for her. I think this was a knee jerk reaction and she hasn't thought it through thoroughly.
    If I'm totally honest I think this is the start of a downward (more downward) spiral for her.
    I cannot fathom why she couldn't give a more serious show a try. She has things to offer re depression, alcohol abuse, broken marriage etc..........but no, she wants to be the lary teenager hooting and screeching her way through the show and falling out of venues in the wee small hours.
    Maybe she thinks the viewers will beg for her fun-filled persona to come back. I think not. Even if the new show fails I doubt they'd go back to that format of fools banging on about booze and men.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've had no inteest in this programme for a long time but would give it a shot with Kaye Adams but not with Colleen (haven't I got big ones;)) Nolan who is a lot less interesting and articulate than even Denise (who at least has a body of work as an actress).
    Forum Member

He might have to start supporting her, what with him being a successful PR guru, publicist and entertainment entrepreneur;)
    http://www.lincolntownley.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, especially as appears to be just a publicity grabbing money hungry little parasite anyway.

You might say his ex is the same with this piece, but he makes my skin crawl.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-wifes-warning-denise-welch-over-1769180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He might have to start supporting her, what with him being a successful PR guru, publicist and entertainment entrepreneur;)
    http://www.lincolntownley.com/

When that blue pic of Denise popped up....*scared*. :eek:
    Forum Member
    When that blue pic of Denise popped up....*scared*. :eek:

Haha yes it does give you a bit of a fright doesn't it, I was expecting a list of clients but looks like it's just Den:D

I forgot about this nugget from Popbitch a couple of weeks ago.
    Denise Welsh got married in Portugal
    last month. However, even flogging
    the photos to Hello wouldn't appear
    to have offset the costs of the bash.
    The bridesmaids had to pay 75 quid
    each to get their make-up done.
    One of them couldn't afford it and
    was in tears, so the others had a
    whip round to raise the cash for her.
    Oh, the glamour.
    Forum Member
    Bandita wrote: »
    Well I've had no inteest in this programme for a long time but would give it a shot with Kaye Adams but not with Colleen (haven't I got big ones;)) Nolan who is a lot less interesting and articulate than even Denise (who at least has a body of work as an actress).
    Well to be fair Coleen has had a decent career in the music business which would easily equal Denise's acting career and she has done magazine and newspaper column work as well .

Haha yes it does give you a bit of a fright doesn't it, I was expecting a list of clients but looks like it's just Den:D

I forgot about this nugget from Popbitch a couple of weeks ago.
    Denise Welsh got married in Portugal
    last month. However, even flogging
    the photos to Hello wouldn't appear
    to have offset the costs of the bash.
    The bridesmaids had to pay 75 quid
    each to get their make-up done.
    One of them couldn't afford it and
    was in tears, so the others had a
    whip round to raise the cash for her.
    Oh, the glamour.

A bit miserly of Welch to ask her party to pay for taking part in HER big occasion.:(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing things didn't turn out as Colleen and Kay planned when they quit Loose Women.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Kay Adams?
    Forum Member
    Baz O wrote: »
    Who is Kay Adams?
    She was first (and best) Loose Women team head girl. She is Scottish with a really dry sense of humour and a great way of keeping the team on point without too much waffle.
    She was a Scottish TV presenter but bowed out to embrace motherhood.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    She was first (and best) Loose Women team head girl. She is Scottish with a really dry sense of humour and a great way of keeping the team on point without too much waffle.
    She was a Scottish TV presenter but bowed out to embrace motherhood.

She must need the money then. ;)
    Forum Member
    janna wrote: »
    A bit miserly of Welch to ask her party to pay for taking part in HER big occasion.:(

I know, I bet it was that Lincoln's idea. I wonder which bridesmaid it was that didn't have the cash.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will give it a go as I liked Kaye. I don't like Colleen so thats a bit of a worry but hopefully it will be o.k. Would be nice to see Nadia back over Colleen.
    Forum Member
    I will give it a go as I liked Kaye. I don't like Colleen so thats a bit of a worry but hopefully it will be o.k. Would be nice to see Nadia back over Colleen.
    I really think that Coleen will be better this time round.
    I'm inclined to believe she was sucked into the slipstream of Denise & Carol and had no option but to go along with all the hooting and arf-arf-aren't-we-funny-gals being tossed around. Yes, I know, grown woman should know better etc, but we all tend to go with the flow in company and she could hardly get up and walk out.....although in the end she did just that:).....so hopefully she has matured, exorcised all her 'Shane done me wrong ' demons and is ready for a sensible phase with just a bit of fun thrown in occasionally rather than the bitchfest it has deteriorated into.