Actors you miss

jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
Forum Member
✭✭
Not really veteran actors, but more contemporary ones who don't appear in much nowadays...

few of mine include:

Samantha Morton - saw her in some weird indie film on Beeb and reminded me what a phenomenal actress she is.

Sean Pertwee - so good in Dog Soldiers. Wonder why his career never went way of rest of his gang? (Law, etc)

Jason Isaacs - know he's still working but would love to see him in more high profile stuff, esp. movies.

Paul Bettany - feel like he's only doing Jarvis now...

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio - love her work, and seen her couple of times around London (think she lives here with husband). Can't remember last big film saw her in.

just a few to start with...

Comments

• JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    Samantha Morton - saw her in some weird indie film on Beeb and reminded me what a phenomenal actress she is.

Paul Bettany - feel like he's only doing Jarvis now...

Those two really should be in movies more, agree there.

Also Ed Harris, I know he is still around but not in really high profile movies anymore shame as he is a great actor.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeff Goldblum. Where the hell is he???
    Ted Danson. Another who seems not to make movies anymore?
    Harvey Keitel. Saw him in the US Life On Mars remake a few years ago and haven't seen him since.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I hear Sean Pertwees voice,i close my eyes and see Worzel Gummidge.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Heath Ledger :(
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    I miss Tim Curry being in more things.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken Wahl.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Jeff Goldblum. Where the hell is he???.

Just looking at the imdb page, it seems he is more into TV than film. But I haven't heard of any of the films he has been in since 2004 which was The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Demi_R wrote: »
    Heath Ledger :(
    First one that came to my mind when I saw the title of the thread.

:(:(:(

Sorely missed.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Just looking at the imdb page, it seems he is more into TV than film. But I haven't heard of any of the films he has been in since 2004 which was The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

He was on L&O CI for a couple of years. It was nice getting him regularly.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeff_vader wrote: »

Sean Pertwee - so good in Dog Soldiers. Wonder why his career never went way of rest of his gang? (Law, etc)

He'll be appearing as Lestrade in Season 2 of Elementary alongside Jonny Lee Miller who was one of that crew

Aside from that he's in regular work which is more than can be said for a whole lot of actors

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0675730/
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Those two really should be in movies more, agree there.

Also Ed Harris, I know he is still around but not in really high profile movies anymore shame as he is a great actor.

He is in high profile movies...just not in substantial roles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Dean Cain. He hasn't done anything decent since Lois & Clark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Jeff Goldblum. Where the hell is he???

He turned into a big fly and got shot :D

or

A dinosaur ate him in Jurassic Park :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    He turned into a big fly and got shot :D

or

A dinosaur ate him in Jurassic Park :D

I heard he famously fell to his death off a cliff in New Zealand...
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Pesci
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Zahn - last saw him in A Perfect Getaway (2009)

Barry Pepper - has been quite a few films during early 2000s, but he's not around lately

Ben Foster - I think the last time I saw him was in The Mechanic?

Thora Birch - whatever happened to her?

Linus Roache - he seems to have vanished into the thin air after being everywhere during late 1990s and early 2000s.

John Lone - last saw him in a HK TV drama series a couple of years ago.

Delroy Lindo - haven't seen him much lately, but I think I recognised his voice in 'Up'? The rotweiler?

Paul Bettany

Angela Bassett should be on that list too, because she does tiny supporting roles these days. Criminally underrated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Linus Roache - he seems to have vanished into the thin air after being everywhere during late 1990s and early 2000s.

He was one of the main actors on the last three seasons of Law and Order
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    He was one of the main actors on the last three seasons of Law and Order

Oh, I see. I don't watch TV much (usually just for cookery shows and a couple of British crime mini series :o). Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I see. I don't watch TV much (usually just for cookery shows and a couple of British crime mini series :o). Thanks.

No problem, I haven't got round to seeing the later seasons yet myself
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked Arnold Schwarzenegger but he's decided to do politics and that now.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George C Scott who's no longer with us of course. I was also sad when Ernest Borgnine died because he seemed like a really decent human being on top of having a very distinctive presence and style.

For those actors still alive I think we could all benefit from seeing the likes of Brad Dourif, Kurt Russell, William Hurt more if they're still working actors. Tim Curry had a stroke about a year ago so I hope he makes a decent comeback after recovering.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know that about Tim Curry :(. Hope he can make a comeback too also. His Darkness in Legend is...legend. And obvious ones like Pennywise and Frank. I also like his Russian officer in Hunt For Red October (iffy accent and all).

Like your other actors too, esp. Russell. Last thing saw Hurt in was History Of Violence (love that film). Still think he and Turner in Body Heat was one of great movie pairings.

Thought of George C. Scott after recent science story about dolphins perhaps not being so smart after all :eek:. There was a titan of an actor.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Pillato
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Michael J.Fox

I know he has a new show but I've never seen it and don't intend to.It's good to see him battling on but I miss the healthy Fox with the funny expressions and sharp comic timing,whether in movies or sitcoms.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member

Thora Birch - whatever happened to her?

She made the mistake of employing her dad as her manager. His awful reputation in the film industry ultimately cost her roles and also got her fired at one point. People in Hollywood simply don't want to deal with her dad.