Top Gear

richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have the wheels come off this show ?

The sight of 50 year old blokes careering round a track making screechy noises as the tyres burn is a tad sad , they should really be at home washing the Honda and creosoting the fence.

Comments

• Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...Next Question
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    The show I feel is on the slide. Understandable considering how many series they've had as well as the things they've covered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    I still love watching Top Gear, but not for the obvious motor related items, but for the pure comedy that is James May...
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show doesn't start until 8pm how can you judge it yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    depends on what kind of tone the next series has

i got tired of the "scripted" antics they had while on their challenges. Like the caravans setting fire etc

and i dont like it when what seems to be a genuine challenge ends in a scripted finish.

and i dont like them being purposefully offensive in the last series.

saying that though, i hope theres always a place for top gear on tv.

its just they need to set the right tone
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The show doesn't started until 8pm how can you judge it yet?

The show doesn't started, Eh ?

I have seen it before, I suspect there will be a pointless race beteween the three of them in Argentina or somewhere exotic, then some screeching round an old airport in a £250 000 knob extension.

A few racist gags about the Krauts or the Scots, then a puerile chat with an ageing Rock Skeleton.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh here we go again, a new series of Top Gear is about to start and already the naysayers are complaining.

It does beg the question though, if you don't like the show then why do you bloody watch it? Surely your life can't be that pathetic that you force yourself to sit there and watch a show you detest purely to have something to whine about on the internet, can it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have seen it before, I suspect there will be a pointless race beteween the three of them in Argentina or somewhere exotic, then some screeching round an old airport in a £250 000 knob extension.

A few racist gags about the Krauts or the Scots, then a puerile chat with an ageing Rock Skeleton.

Why not start a thread about something you do enjoy instead of stuff you dont? lifes to short ;)
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Oh here we go again, a new series of Top Gear is about to start and already the naysayers are complaining.

Indeed! Top Gear gets such a hard time around this place but I still quite enjoy it.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    I still love watching Top Gear, but not for the obvious motor related items, but for the pure utter sexiness that is James May...

I've fixed your post for you! ;):D
    :o
    Azagoth wrote: »

It does beg the question though, if you don't like the show then why do you bloody watch it? Surely your life can't be that pathetic that you force yourself to sit there and watch a show you detest purely to have something to whine about on the internet, can it?
    Why not start a thread about something you do enjoy instead of stuff you dont? lifes to short ;)

It happens every time! I can understand if someone starts watching a show and find they don't like it, they then post about how rubbish they thought it was, but to start complaining about it before it has even started ????

TG has had bad episodes, just like it has had brilliant episodes. I still love it though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to bash it like some do because I do find it enjoyable though I have to admit the last few series have not been as entertaining imo, is it getting tired? Possibly. Its not dead yet though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member

Don't watch it then and ignore the thread.

Oh wait you're the OP :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the wheels come off this show ?

The sight of 50 year old blokes careering round a track making screechy noises as the tyres burn is a tad sad , they should really be at home washing the Honda and creosoting the fence.

Starting a thread about a programme you don't like, that isn't even on yet....hmmm...

There are other channels, you know.......or you could actually leave the house while it's on and go and do something else

At least we can assume you won't be watching it, so we won't have to wade through any more tedious criticism of a show you haven't seen.

Or, let me guess, you're actually going to watch a programme you don't like just so you can whine about how bad it is? That will make for an interesting thread. I'm sure we'll all look forward to that :yawn:
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ha, " don't watch it then " , that favourite whiskery old riposte.

I don't think you have quite grasped the concept of a " Discussion Board " have you ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you discuss a show that hasn't been shown yet? It might be totally different and appeal to you.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost time for the new series,

Let there be hilarious antics from Clarkson, Hammond, May.
    Let there be camera zooming in on an attractive young female in the audience.
    Let the prudes have ofcom on speed dial at hand.

Welcome back to a new series of Top Gear. :D
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you discuss a show that hasn't been shown yet? It might be totally different and appeal to you.

I hope not. I'd rather it stays like it is and appeals to me. :D
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I hope not. I'd rather it stays like it is and appeals to me. :D

Me too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving it so far.
    Forum Member
    Loving it so far.

Again, me too!

I think this film was left out of the last series ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby Scan Stig brilliant
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As always the good looking females are placed nearest the presenters.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't get onto that howmanyleft site.

I wanted to look up the Fiat Strada. I think I've seen one in the last 5 years.

I love Alice Cooper. Don't like his songs too much but I love him.
  • planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guests are always Americans these days :confused:
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not keen on the graphics during the M1 film..

howmanyleft.co.uk seems to have crashed
This discussion has been closed.