***The NEW OFFICIAL Christina Aguilera Appreciation Thread (Part 3) ***

Comments

• tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Back to Basics singles get much radio play?

I think Candyman and Hurt did
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Candyman and Hurt did

Oh that's not too bad then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Aint No Other Man was on TV all the time it was out...Hurt and Candyman i still hear on radio locally :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing Not Myself Tonight on the TV way back when. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw it on Chart SHow TV for the first week of release and never ever again :-/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i saw it on Chart SHow TV for the first week of release and never ever again :-/

I love the video. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love the Madonna allusions but it frankly wasnt what i expected...i expected Blade Runner (bit of a theme) style...not myself robotic types...but instead it was just a sleazy video tbh :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming to think of it, B2B era did do quite well radio wise as I remember hearing Candyman a lot (and still do) as well as ANOM. Hurt was shortlived because of the Ballad element
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coming to think of it, B2B era did do quite well radio wise as I remember hearing Candyman a lot (and still do) as well as ANOM. Hurt was shortlived because of the Ballad element

From the way Wikipedia writes, it really seems like they were trying to replicate Beautiful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think back To Basics was more successful in the UK than elsewhwre in terms of sales and critical reaction etc...Stateside never really took to her i dont think which i find a shame! I mean they have given her first 3 albums 3 stars and Bionic 2 i think.....(ROlling Stone) its such a shame

Again like American Life i always though Back To Basics did better than what id actually did critically and commercially...but alas...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the back to basics tour is great though, i love watching the DVD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the back to basics tour is great though, i love watching the DVD

I have the DVD too and really enjoy watching it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I'm not excited to hear that it has been described as a "club banger"...:(

Oh well, I'll reserve judgement until I've heard it.

Slightly apprehensive too, but remember 'Dirrty' would likely be classed as a club banger too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the DVD too and really enjoy watching it :)

sometimes i like to repeatedly watch the interviews, especially jordans :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love the Madonna allusions but it frankly wasnt what i expected...i expected Blade Runner (bit of a theme) style...not myself robotic types...but instead it was just a sleazy video tbh :D

I love Christina's homage to Madonna's erotica! I love how her normal look, her normal make up is so identical to Madonna during her Bedtime Stories era, it's so alluring and beautiful! Christina's gonna give it her all this time, no holding back. Karma's a Bitch and Christina is gonna grab those weaves!

Oh my gosh, Little Dreamer still tears me up, such a raw beautiful little song. I'm certain it's an ode to little Max, bless im!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Little Dreamer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Little Dreamer.

I badly want her to sing it on her next tour! Would be show stopping! I think it would have been a good single too! Wasted opportunity like too many songs these days. I'm still fuming with a certain Minogue over not releasing my 2010 gem Cupid Boy! Hmph!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cupid Boy is my favourite on Aphrodite alongside the title song :)

Little Dreamer is a showcase of what could have been for Bionic tbh....i wholeheartedly agree!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know if Easier To Lie is a dance track. The articles have been worded wrong. The rumoured comeback single is supposed to be the dance track and its rumoured title is ''Luv Your Body'

Easier To Lie sounds like a ballad to me. Maybe about her marriage breakdown?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    I love Christina's homage to Madonna's erotica! I love how her normal look, her normal make up is so identical to Madonna during her Bedtime Stories era, it's so alluring and beautiful! Christina's gonna give it her all this time, no holding back. Karma's a Bitch and Christina is gonna grab those weaves!

Oh my gosh, Little Dreamer still tears me up, such a raw beautiful little song. I'm certain it's an ode to little Max, bless im!

Its funny how the media never attack Christina for copying Madonna the way they do Lady Gaga.

I think that is because Christina gets it right. She is clearly inspired by Madonna but she hasn't allowed it to define her image. Christina has still managed to maintain her own look within all that.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,961
    Forum Member
    Slightly apprehensive too, but remember 'Dirrty' would likely be classed as a club banger too.

I know but there have been so many "club banger" tracks lately and I'm sick of 'em.

:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its funny how the media never attack Christina for copying Madonna the way they do Lady Gaga.

I think that is because Christina gets it right. She is clearly inspired by Madonna but she hasn't allowed it to define her image. Christina has still managed to maintain her own look within all that.

In the making of Not Myself Tonight she said!

"Madonna inspires me, shes one of the greats and Express Yourself is not only my favourite video but one of the very best artistically so that has inspired the video for my latest single"....

gaga never ever says this! Which is why she was called out on it and now become a massive frenzy tbh!if more did this there would be no need..but gaga has done it so much more in the public eye its unnoticeable.

Kylie does it and says who inspired her, same with gwen Stefani, P!nk, Britney, etc etc etc even Madonna herself when she makes an ode to Old Skool Hollywood every single time...bringing film into music.

But Christina is always open talking abut music and influences....i love that so much has inspired her tbh just wish she wasnt hated on as much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the making of Not Myself Tonight she said!

"Madonna inspires me, shes one of the greats and Express Yourself is not only my favourite video but one of the very best artistically so that has inspired the video for my latest single"....

gaga never ever says this! Which is why she was called out on it and now become a massive frenzy tbh!if more did this there would be no need..but gaga has done it so much more in the public eye its unnoticeable.

Kylie does it and says who inspired her, same with gwen Stefani, P!nk, Britney, etc etc etc even Madonna herself when she makes an ode to Old Skool Hollywood every single time...bringing film into music.

But Christina is always open talking abut music and influences....i love that so much has inspired her tbh just wish she wasnt hated on as much.

I think a lot of the Christina hate is really down to misinterpretation! The media/casual listeners really don't take Christina's comments/actions the right way. For example, she didn't really know who The Wanted were hence why she wasn't so excited when they performed on The Voice and she got slammed for it and made out to be a mega bitch cause she didn't grace their presence! That vile boy band should show respect to a Pop Princess, imagine calling her a bitch. Just an example anyway of how they misinterpret and like to make Christina out to be the villain, when she's only being honest!

Maybe it's cause Christina's too honest and the media don't like that? I think a cheeky Live Lounge of Madonna's I Don't Give a is needed for Christina. Ooh that would be awesome. I Don't Give A/Fighter mash up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I thought it was hilariously frustrating when people were accusing Christina of copying Gaga when anyone who's ever seen Madonna's videos could tell who and what she was alluding to. She literally re-created iconic scenes from them, so it wasn't even a subtle reference.

Simple minds, simple conclusions I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was hilariously frustrating when people were accusing Christina of copying Gaga when anyone who's ever seen Madonna's videos could tell who and what she was alluding to. She literally re-created iconic scenes from them, so it wasn't even a subtle reference.

Simple minds, simple conclusions I guess.

Eaxtly MCA....Xtina should follow Madonnas suit in the sense of nti-Media song....her own Human Nature, I Dont give A... approach meets Fighter would make me shudder itd be slick!

I hope she has one on this album that retaliates against the media...and yeah stupid boyband....people wont know them in a few years anyway.

And yeah Tabo its a lazy arguement....Bad Romance was recent...and the comparisons with that video are so lazy tbh! When everyone knows it was heavily Express Yourself influenced and Xtina herself said it...so frustrating! Even down to the milk bowl pouring routine, the choreo in the rain, the steam-punk look everything....just looked more on a budget in comparison to the Madonna/David Fincher masterpeice (of course) but still looked edible with the Xtina Dirrrdeee twist.

But alas.....as for this club banger....do we think it may be in the style of the anthems of early 90s past??? like big voiced divas with anthemic lyrics/style with pulsating beats??? id actually love that as a comeback followed tightly up by a trademark ballad with a twist! :cool: