• HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member
    Do you think the right people went out?
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Do you think the right people went out?

Nice to see the back of the girl with a nose ring .

Idiot . As if she would be employed by the Beeb for a job presenting Blue Peter with a half inch diameter ring through her nose .
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    It's a wonder Mylene Klass didn't want the gig! A TV job going and she'e not in there like s**t off a shovel? She must be losing her touch.
  • Dr.  OtterblandDr. Otterbland Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were any from the regions considered, you know people with an accent ?
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not that I noticed tbh
  • johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I would say that Freddie would be the best choice and would fit In with the skills of the current presenters:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01bht1s

Seemed a nice guy....
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not convinced they aren't actually auditioning to replace Helen Skelton rather than work alongside her, you don't need three presenters for a half hour weekly programme.
    Forum Member

Londoner?

I'm pretty sure there was a Welsh person in there :confused:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Still not convinced they aren't actually auditioning to replace Helen Skelton rather than work alongside her, you don't need three presenters for a half hour weekly programme.

That worries me too. She's getting wed near Xmas. I think this is the beginning of the end for the best Blue Peter presenter ever.
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    That worries me too. She's getting wed near Xmas. I think this is the beginning of the end for the best Blue Peter presenter ever.

So maybe they conjured up this whole competition because they think/know Helen's leaving anyway?
  • sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had crossed my mind whether Helen could be leaving, especially as when Andy left and the show moved to Salford, they seemed to adamant that there was no need to have a third presenter with the move.

That being said, on the weeks the show has only had Barney or Helen, it does feel odd that there isn't another presenter. Especially considering just a few short years ago there were 5 presenters covering nearly every day of the week.

I've also noticed since Tim Levell has left and the new acting producer has come in, there's been a change and an improvement on the show, which can only be a good thing.

It's a shame though that both the main show, and 'You Decide' are hidden away on the CBBC channel, when they could so easily still fit on BBC One.

I thought You Decide was great, I was surprised the judges kept in Hettie and Isaac though, thought they were quite weak.

My favourites so far are Ben, Freddie and Emma.
    Forum Member
    sjames wrote: »
    It's a shame though that both the main show, and 'You Decide' are hidden away on the CBBC channel, when they could so easily still fit on BBC One.

They could run adverts on the main channels for both shows but I doubt they'd bother.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Shame in regards to Shona. She's an old friend of mine. At least she's still working behind the scenes at Daybreak.
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Idiot . As if she would be employed by the Beeb for a job presenting Blue Peter with a half inch diameter ring through her nose .

I think they just got her into the competition just to get her kicked out again. She wasn't that good anyway.

Who are you all rooting for? I think I'll have to get to know the contestants a bit more first.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Starts on Monday at 5pm. They do need to refresh the show a bit as the viewing figures are abysmal.

I think viewing figures are probably down because kids are using the internet, playing games or using smartphones rather than watching TV, at least on the main channels. Since DSO everyone has some form of digital TV and therefore more channels. I don't think Blue Peter would appeal to today's kids anyway; it always came across as very goody two-shoes. I never liked it.
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure about them having a 17 year old on the panel judging a bunch of adults, but he does some presenting work for CBBC so knows about how it works.
  • sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see the judges keep Isaac this week as I thought he was easily the worst of the bunch by forgetting all the facts on top of the Blackpool Tower and hating riding the rollercoaster.

Apart from him, I like all of the remaining four and could easily see them slotting in as the new presenter.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aw, my friend sent in a showreel for this and got a callback but Im guessing by the lineup she didnt make it to the final 5 :(
    Forum Member
    Who's watching?
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Londoner?

I'm pretty sure there was a Welsh person in there :confused:

Oh please not, any mention of anything Welsh on TV is an ideal excuse for Welsh choirs to break out on the soundtrack, just about every single time. Is that all they do is sing in Wales.

One can watch any documentary and as soon as they mention Wales the damn choirs break out, in abundance. As if we have not had enough with that Welsh bore Wynne Evans on the Go Compare adverts to last us all a lifetime
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I am trying to break into the industry as a presenter I always find the advice really useful and therefore its a great programme.

I would like Freddie to win. I wouldn't mind Emma winning and if Zoe is leaving then I think you need a boy-girl partnership. Emma can be abit annoying though.

Is anyone else put off Lindsey for her nose piercing, I don't think a Blue Peter presenter should have one and that is another reason why Hattie had to go, she didn't have the right image.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I vote for some vacuous, bleach-blonde stick insect with an annoyingly shrill voice and 'bubbly' personality...I'm sure that's what'll happen anyway.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Magpie!
  • johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Who's watching?

I am!, the girls are too similar to Helen. Ben ( i have traveled the world) being too over the top, the only winner is Freddie. He has to win. The programme has been at its knees since the excellent editor Richard Marson stepped down. The programme needs a fresh young male, and it is Freddie.
    Forum Member
    Today we find out who makes it to the viewer vote next week (at least that's when I think it is). I am hoping for Ben, Freddie and someone else.

I want the presenter who is capable of putting the magic back in the show to win.