Echostar HDS-600RS --- NEW FIRMWARE TODAY ---

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hmm.... Has anyone tried the app on their iphone. I saw the which review on youtube and he is using it on his ipad in HQ mode, but for some reason i have purchased it and used it on my iphone for the HDS 600rs but it will only let me play in SQ. I posted on the sling forum and another person replied saying he had the same problem. I dont think i will buy it for the ipad but if anyone has bought it for ipad or android tablet, let me know if it works in HQ. I have a feeling ive wasted 10.50 for a SQ app which the sound quality is terrible!!

Anyone got it yet? It could be that im using a 3gs at the moment, i might need to try it on my iphone 4s later.

Ive even tried to stick it near my 100mb router, just to iron out that it could be because of a slow connection.
  • Gary GlimmerGary Glimmer Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    the only time i had a sound issue was when the box and my digital amp were set up differently to each other and i had no sound on the hd channels. i have zero issues with this box and it's in a different league to the goodmans one i took back to costco. Glad i didnt buy the old foxsat either. (waits for tedious rebuttal from fanboy graham)
  • ty webbty webb Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    the only time i had a sound issue was when the box and my digital amp were set up differently to each other and i had no sound on the hd channels. i have zero issues with this box and it's in a different league to the goodmans one i took back to costco. Glad i didnt buy the old foxsat either. (waits for tedious rebuttal from fanboy graham)

Its a great box, any issues i had have been sorted promptly by Echostar. Excellent customer service
  • JeffTJeffT Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Having bought the android tablet app I have discovered it is not compatible with the HDS 600RS. Strangely thought Echostar tell me the phone app is compatible and works on android tablets.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else had any issues of their box locking up at all?
    So far within a week mines locked up twice, the first while using BBCiPlayer and the second was while I was recording something and watching back a previous recording.
    The picture froze with the sound continuing for a few seconds then nothing at all and the box was totally unresponsive.
    Had to disconnect from mains on both ocassions to get it working again.
    I'm sort of jumping to conclusions and now wondering why this box was so cheap in Maplin.
    Forum Member
    I've just returned my 600RS to Maplin for refund as along with the lock ups the box randomly turned itself off while watching back a recording this morning.
    I don't get a straight forward refund though as because it's got a hard drive they need to send it off to head office first to check it out so have to wait upto 14 days before I may see my refund appear in my account :(
    I was slightly miffed when I returned it as the 'Special Offer Price' that ended on the 4th September is now the normal price they are selling for. Not too much of an issue as the price is the same, but at the time I bought it they make you think that this price is only for a limited time so you need to buy now before the price goes back up.
  • Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I think mine may be going back to Amazon , its missed way too many recordings lately, even with the latest firmware, most of time when two recordings are at the same time, and no clashes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I mine has done a full lock up at least twice. REcordings get cut in two with some mins missing.
    Given the amount of usage and double recordings during the summer of sport, it might not be a stress test, but for me at least it is above average.
    Forum Member
    I've just received a marketing email from Echostar saying that ITV Player is now available.
    Forum Member
    have u tried it yet?
    will take a look
    Forum Member
    quality is like iPlayer SD.
    Main menu is much less descriptive, but playback menu a little better
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit confused ?

Am on latest software 123 but..............

I don't have any iplayer or itv player ?

Are they in the apps section ?

All I have in there is slingplayer.............

Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Hi Dave, there aren't any apps. You'll find the players on channels 901 & 903.
    Hope you're luckier than me though. After working very successfully for months they no longer connect on my Echostar box. Before you ask I am connected to fibre BB and all other services, including slingplayer work fine. David
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply...........

Will try the players today and let you know if they work or not......

Dave