Glee (US Pace) (Part 5)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,494
Administrator
Continuation of: Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)
revans33 wrote: »
I agree, he played a teen growing into his body very well :)

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the new thread guys.

The title for S5EP03 has been revealed. It will be called
    The Quarterback.
  • mrs.flowersmrs.flowers Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Another idea for a song Rachel could sing is There you'll be by Faith Hill
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "My Heart Will Go On" would be an absolute killer and they'd have a real and emotional to finally have Rachel sing it after teasing the idea a few times. They could do it completely acoustically or even better with just Lea's voice unaccompanied to do something more subtle and poetic...it's like all Rachel has left is her voice in the silence...I don't know but I can imagine it bring beautiful.

It's something I feel incredibly guilty about but I am very interested to hear the songs and performances that Lea will be doing this season because her voice triumphs when emotional.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    huggzy wrote: »
    "My Heart Will Go On" would be an absolute killer and they'd have a real and emotional to finally have Rachel sing it after teasing the idea a few times. They could do it completely acoustically or even better with just Lea's voice unaccompanied to do something more subtle and poetic...it's like all Rachel has left is her voice in the silence...I don't know but I can imagine it bring beautiful.

It's something I feel incredibly guilty about but I am very interested to hear the songs and performances that Lea will be doing this season because her voice triumphs when emotional.

I have to say I really hope they don't do My Heart Will Go On. I think it's overblown, schmaltzy and cheesy and has been played to death and I can't get the French & Saunders piss take version out of my head whenever I hear it.

My personal preference would be Peter Gabriel's I Grieve but it's probably an incredibly hard song to sing (in terms of the emotion levels rather than the song itself) which they used to great effect in Smallville at Jonathan Kent's funeral and in City of Angels with Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage.
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be lovely, especially if they went with another poster's idea about singing it acapella to emphasize the silence in Rachel's life.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Oh God I hate that song but it would suit Rachel though.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's such an overdone song too, though I'd much prefer it over My Heart Will Go On.

I'd love to see her sing Angel by Sarah MacLachan.
  • prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I don't know what I want Rachel to sing, I feel sick even thinking about having to watch a performance at a time like this.

Lea loves Celine Dion though so if she feels more comfortable singing my heart will go on then she should. I would love a stripped down version of it though. I imagine the producers would simplify any song to sing.

Ironically she's doing Yesterday by the Beatles in episode 1 which was written before Cory's death and won't be featuring Finn's death and I find that song much more poignant.

I've been rewatching Glee from the beginning and it seems to be helping. I watched Yes/No from S3 the other day though and was heartbroken at the paralells between Finn's dad and Cory's death. So sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see her sing Angel by Sarah MacLachan.

I think that's probably a bit too close to home though considering the reasons why it was written. Still I think Lea would absolutely nail it.
    Lea loves Celine Dion though so if she feels more comfortable singing my heart will go on then she should.

Yes, I agree. While I might have personal views on My Heart Will Go On, ultimately it's down to whatever Lea feels comfortable singing, or capable of singing, and I'll be supporting whatever decisions they make for the tribute episode.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could totally picture Lea singing this aswell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Segxr2xQTdU

Can't wait for the new season, really hope the tribute episode is done well. I'm also happy to hear that Demi Lovato is joining the show for however long!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My personal choice for lea in the tribute would have to be a solo and possibly acoustic version of Faithfully. It's the first real Finchel duet, and the lyrics work quite well. I'd just rather it had a theme of songs related to Finn rather than just sad ones
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naya Rivera confirmed on the VMA carpet that
    Demi's character plays Naya's love interest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starzz123 wrote: »

And there is Demi Lovato's next step in being less "Disney child actor". It will be interesting to see how the fans react to that one.

I'm sure whatever Lea sings will be wonderful and appropriate. "Faithfully" as a solo would be a bit of a killer. I think it would be way too sad. I agree that the episode should have at least 1 or 2 versions of songs that Finn was known for. "Can't fight this feeling" would be nice but a little bit of an odd contrast between song and message.

Personally I'd go for Kurt (and maybe Santana) singing "I'll Stand By You" but they shouldn't reference Finn singing it because of the reasons why he did and how it was during his non-Rachel time.

The whole episode is a bit of a minefield when you think about it.

Hopefully they avoid a candlelight piano remix of "You're the one that I want"...
  • prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Cory sang 'Not The End' in the graduation album which was cut from the show. It's a really beautiful song so I'd love for them to incorporate that somehow.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    YES! But it obviously won't last, Demi's too busy to commit to Glee for too long.
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad thinking about what song Lea (or any of the cast really) should sing, I think that no matter what it is she will sing it beautifully. Regardless of what else goes on in this episode or whatever anyone else sings, everybody is just going to be waiting to see Lea on screen and it just adds more pressure to her in what is already a horrible situation for her and everybody else at Glee.

God knows how the writers even began to come up with a storyline or picked songs for it because I wouldn't even know where to start.
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    I feel bad thinking about what song Lea (or any of the cast really) should sing, I think that no matter what it is she will sing it beautifully. Regardless of what else goes on in this episode or whatever anyone else sings, everybody is just going to be waiting to see Lea on screen and it just adds more pressure to her in what is already a horrible situation for her and everybody else at Glee.

God knows how the writers even began to come up with a storyline or picked songs for it because I wouldn't even know where to start.

I'm not sure I'm going to be watching. I just caught a repeat of "Dynamic Duets" this afternoon, with Finn the superhero sending himself up from first to last, a wholly enjoyable bit of fluff - I have no idea how Glee will get from there to the here and now.

I had hoped that the tribute to Cory would be from Lea and the cast as themselves, maybe with Matthew and others breaking the fourth wall to join Lea in the whatever - and just not try to weave some plotlines into it - just wouldn't have the stomach to see those popping up through S5 and S6 in WMHS and NYC.
    Forum Member
    What are five things you hope happen in Season 5?
    Forum Member
    I hope:

1. The guest graduated cast don't come back. I loved Mike, Puck, Mercedes and Quinn but besides for Finn's episode, they're just not necessary. They need to build on the newbies characters especially since they're not as liked as the originals. When the current seniors graduate, only Blaine is really needed to be kept. I'd love Sam and Tina to stay around but since their destinies don't lie in Ohio or New York, they should go :( (along with Artie of course).

2. More Roz Washington. It's sad but I feel like Emma and Bieste don't have much more to give. Roz deserves some more story time. She's a great character but she's being sidelined like Sugar was.

3. More effort put into the music of Glee. Recently most of the songs sound like complete copies of the originals (besides maybe a few like Oops I Did It Again and 3), especially the competition songs, I Love It sounded almost identical to the original version. They need to make the songs sound more like they did in Season One.

4. They can't all get along so easily. Like it should be more of a reflection of real life. Kitty and Unique wouldn't be friends so easily. Barely anyone even got slush puppied in S4.

5. MARLEY AND SAM NEED TO SING THRIFT SHOP BY MACKLEMORE.
  • mrs.flowersmrs.flowers Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Mr Schu leaving
    Sue having more screen time
    Blaine singing more solos
    Sam having an interesting storyline rather than just doing impressions
    More from NYC
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like:

For the songs (especially in the Lima stories) to be more evenly distributed.

To build up the New York story a bit more, maybe with some of the current seniors going there when they graduate.

Sometimes it feels like they sing songs just for the sake of it so I'd like a bit less of that.

Some more from Coach Roz.

To try and a bit more of a story since Lima won't really work once the current seniors leave if they don't.

Small spoiler for Finns episode:
    Dianna and Heather won't be in the episode but Harry, Amber, Mark, Mike, Dot and Romy are. I wouldn't have expected Heather to be there because she would be quite far along in her pregnancy but I don't know what the story is with Dianna.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are five things you hope happen in Season 5?

1. The graduated cast do return fairly frequently - they're still the heart of the show for me and it's not the same without them.

2. The show focuses on Rachel, Kurt and Santana in New York.

3. We see much less of Ryder, Unique and Blaine, my least favourite characters. If we have to have a lot at McKinley, then focus on Marley, Jake and Kitty.

4. Better songs - last season was predominantly awful.

5. Better storylines - it got a bit ridiculous last season.

As for the Finn episode
    I'm very surprised Dianna's not in it. Unless she's already committed to be elsewhere that she can't get out of, then it suggests that she's gone from Glee altogether now... She and Lea are good friends though, so there must be a good reason for Dianna not being in the episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Rachel to sing the Leona Lewis version of Stop Crying Your Heart Out in the Finn tribute episode. I think it would be very moving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flan11 wrote: »
    I want Rachel to sing the Leona Lewis version of Stop Crying Your Heart Out in the Finn tribute episode. I think it would be very moving.

I'd have like them to do some Leona stuff before she faded away, now it's just very unlikely. I don't know if there are many Leona songs with the right "message". I could see someone singing it to Rachel more than her singing it out...maybe to herself.

Footprints in the Sand is another nice one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 5 would be:
    An increase in New York focus but with proper conclusions to the original characters who will be graduating.
    Less time spent on the "new" Glee kids.
    Less relationship drama. Get Klaine back and find a way to remove the "end game loss" from Cory's death.
    A much, much better selection of songs with more original performances of those songs. There was something very "off" about Season 4's music but it would be tricky to say why.
    Give the show an actual focus and make the last two seasons (most likely) be as brilliant as the first and as good as the start of most seasons.