Hells Kitchen (2011)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100th dinner service, same bloody menu! Do they ever cook anything other than risotto and beef wellington? Really missing JP this year.
  • NonamooseNonamoose Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tands wrote: »
    100th dinner service, same bloody menu! Do they ever cook anything other than risotto and beef wellington? Really missing JP this year.

Yes, I was also distinctly underwhelmed by it all too.

And you're right about JP - the series just isn't the same and it was very disappointing that he wasn't a part of the 100th service either. It would have been nice if he'd been a guest or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nonamoose wrote: »
    Yes, I was also distinctly underwhelmed by it all too.

And you're right about JP - the series just isn't the same and it was very disappointing that he wasn't a part of the 100th service either. It would have been nice if he'd been a guest or something.

Ah, yes! We could of had a bit of theatre, where JP sends every course back and then has a go at the new maitre d' for his less than immaculate glassware. That would have been magical! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Hellooo.

...Is anybody there? Who do we think will win it, this year - now that most of the deadwood has gone home? I'd like to see Trevor do well, though they made him out to be a bit of a douche the other week.

*stands alone in deserted Hells Kitchen restaurant*

*scampers off to rustle up a toasted cheese sandwich*
  • bill luvs t.vbill luvs t.v Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only ones i like to a degree are Trev and Gillian so they would be my choices but loved Sabrina she was my winner
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering if any of them are good enough to get the job, as by this point they really shouldn't be making the mistakes that they are making.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only ones i like to a degree are Trev and Gillian so they would be my choices but loved Sabrina she was my winner

Yeah, Sabrina grew on me - she was made far too pantomime selfish at the begining though, but I guess that helps bring in the ratings.

To be honest, I would like to see Ramsey just throw the towel in and say "Aww f*ck it, you're all useless, I'll run it myself."
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did nobody watch the finale this week?
    Didn't think Russell or Nona were either that great but I'm glad Nona won it. Russell was pretty much a complete cock all the way through it and still couldn't accept defeat gracefully in the end, instead choosing to blame the team that he picked!
    Does anyone know if we're getting another season? I assume we are as the ratings always look pretty healthy in America.
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    Did nobody watch the finale this week?
    Didn't think Russell or Nona were either that great but I'm glad Nona won it. Russell was pretty much a complete cock all the way through it and still couldn't accept defeat gracefully in the end, instead choosing to blame the team that he picked!
    Does anyone know if we're getting another season? I assume we are as the ratings always look pretty healthy in America.
    I was a bit surprised with Nona winning as she wasn't that great really.
    I was rooting for the lovely Jillian, I was gutted when she got booted last week, I found her Lisa Simpson sounding voice very appealing.:D
    It's still going strong in the states, so I see no reason why we won't get another series or two in the near future.
    :)
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was absolutely delighted that Russell didn't win and spent the time blaming his team that hated him. Hello who is going to give a head chef's job to someone that was going to beat up one of his team? Only had himself to blame for loosing.

Nona had a great palette and actually got people working for her and wanting her to win.

I loved that Trevor was really working for her and she in the end got people that had underperformed to produce the goods.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed in this series and I have to say that I'm glad it's finished. It seems to me that they went for ratings/controversy rather than actually choosing people who could cook. That brigade was, for the most part, a bloody mess.

That said, I'm glad that Nona won over Russell. He really sickened me with his attitude especially when he lost. I hope he has watched this and at least has the grace to be embarrassed at the how aggressive/arrogant and how much of an arsehole he came across as. Anger management wouldn't go amiss I don't think.

This series was also made all the poorer by the lack of the lovely JP so I hope he's back for series 9 (which apparently goes out in the US in July). As I said in an earlier post, the 100th service was an absolute let down.

Series 9 can only be better :)
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the British version coming back as the last season of that seemed to suggest the show was on its last legs? The American version is a lot better as it doesn't rely on Z list bitchy celebs and I think a British version with ordinary people could work.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Is the British version coming back as the last season of that seemed to suggest the show was on its last legs? The American version is a lot better as it doesn't rely on Z list bitchy celebs and I think a British version with ordinary people could work.

There was one series I remember with the english chef with the spikey hair (sorry can't remember his name) and a french chef (can't remember his name either :o ) and the participants were all just members of the public.
    So it has been done.:)
  • Magic_BeansMagic_Beans Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for it's return :)

No confirmed date yet?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is how it should have been done from the start in England, no Z list celebs and tabloid hype, just ordinary people who wanted to impress Gordon Ramsay. I do think if it is to return and bearing in mind the celebreality format is old hat now, please make one with the general public.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I think this is how it should have been done from the start in England, no Z list celebs and tabloid hype, just ordinary people who wanted to impress Gordon Ramsay. I do think if it is to return and bearing in mind the celebreality format is old hat now, please make one with the general public.

Gordon Ramsey put on his twitter feed last week that there might be a possibility of him doing one more series of HK in this country. Hopefully with normal people too.

I see the new series being advertised on ITV2 but have no idea when it comes back. Anybody know?
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    Gordon Ramsey put on his twitter feed last week that there might be a possibility of him doing one more series of HK in this country. Hopefully with normal people too.

I see the new series being advertised on ITV2 but have no idea when it comes back. Anybody know?
    I've been trying to find out too, but all I know is that it's back in the Summer, which could mean in a week or two hopefully.
    Trouble is, that I don't like googling HK in case I find out who wins it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Series starts in the US on Tuesday 19th July according to this... http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fox-Summer-Schedule-1030684.aspx
  • Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back on ITV2 this Monday at 9pm. Just one episode a week though.