TuneIn Radio app on iPhone problems

norderneynorderney Posts: 772
Forum Member
✭✭
I was able to listen to Jazz FM and Smooth Radio 70s on my TuneIn Radio app on my iPhone but now I just get a message saying "an unknown stream error occurred" for Jazz FM and for Smooth 70s and Jazz91 In Toronto I get "no entries in Playlist".

I have tried closing the app and re opening it. I even tried doing a reboot of my iPhone. Oddly other streams work ok including the Jazz91 High Standards stream. Very odd.

I currently have a strong 3G signal on the 3 network.

Comments

• Stevie_DonaldStevie_Donald Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    No problem with Smooth or Jazz91 but same thing as you with Jazz FM (well the Jazz FM that I tried - there seem to be a few)
  • nikobatallonesnikobatallones Posts: 3,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you updated your app to version 2.9? That's turned out to be very buggy -- it crashes every 2 minutes and you can't access most of your streams.

The workaround so far -- and this doesn't work for everyone -- is to remove the app and reinstall it. Downside: you lose presets (unless you have a TuneIn account), you lose recordings (if you're on Pro) and it can still be buggy afterwards.
  • Tom HoltTom Holt Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I too have had similar issues with 'No entries in Playlist', but I put it down to the station I was listening to. Often a forced restart of the app makes it work again, but annoying and dangerous when it happens in the car.

I've also noticed a bit of a problem with Album Art 'sticking' on the lock screen once you've stopped listening (either by unplugging your headphones or removing it from a dock accessory). Was weird trying to explain why I had a Rihanna Album cover as my Wallpaper for the majority of yesterday afternoon!

I emailed their support team about the Album Art and received an auto reply saying they were getting a lot of feedback at the moment about the new version, so I'd imagine they're well aware of these little problems and rushing to release a new update!
  • walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Tuesday I've had the same 'error' coming up when tuned into some radio stations via the tunein app....but also noticed anything I've recorded from the BBC (I have the paid for TuneIn app) won't play after recording...it just fast forwards without playing. Tried other non BBC radio & they work fine when played back after recording them.:confused: