Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its going to be intresting to see if Usmanov gets a place on the Arsenal board this summer after he obtained those Shares from Rangers in February
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    I heard Ray Parlour on TalkSport this morning say that he was adamant that Arsene simpy hasn't had the money available for transfers .

There was a list on DS yesterday that showed Arsenal to be 14th on the list of Premier league spenders . Chelsea 1st , City 2nd and United 3rd.

Looks like he may have done pretty well given the financial constraints.

If true, all the more important to buy better players than he has done. Gervinho has been a load of shit.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    If true, all the more important to buy better players than he has done. Gervinho has been a load of shit.

exactly. If you have limited funds, don't waste them on rubbish for £10 million who are then no doubt on substantial wages too.
    Sagna breaking his leg in the same place is a big worry for the future. I hope he will be ok and really feel for him. Without him at RB, we have no really good FBs.
    Anyhow it seems less about the individual players than the whole defensive organisation and attitude of the team which is often just rubbish and Wenger clearly has no ability to put it right.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    In the context of how we started, if anyone offered me 3rd at the start of the season I would have snapped their hands off, but actually 3rd is poor. We lost 10 times, had numerous silly draws and yet we're 3rd?!?!! Something is wrong somewhere. The Club must see this as a wake up call I think.

You're right there Grim, 3rd is poor.. especially whe we're 20 points behind the Mancs, very very poor! How did this happen? We let Wenger think he's bigger than the club, that's what, a fresh start and new direction is what we need. AND I'm bloody sick of seeing him flapping on the sidelines in that blue coat, sick of his insistence we'll win something with the likes of Chamack on the bench, just sick to death of him to be honest! He needs to go! Grrrrrr!
  • fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Gervinho has been a load of shit.

not even that good :mad:
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fast left wrote: »
    not even that good :mad:

Agreed. I/we said the same about Koscielny this time last year but he's been arguably our best defender. At least Kos last season had a few decent games. Gervinho has had virtually nothing bar Stoke at home so a huge turn around is needed. I'd be offering him in a swap for Dempsey especially with another ACN brewing next year.

I gather from reading the forums that some rather outlandish claims are being made on twitter about M'Vila signing on Sunday. As someone who treats that particular area with the contempt it deserves I'll be somewhat surprised if its remotely true.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    Dear Arm Flapping Leader may find lots of overpaid french ligue 1 players wanting to come to the PL if Hollande lives up to his promise of 75% tax on the super rich.

not really sure how good M'Vila is. I've only seen him play for France once when he didn't shine, but don't want to judge on one performance.
    Wish we would offload Gervinho, the ultimate headless chicken, but can't see it happening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be absolutely delighted if we get M'Vila, we have needed a player like him for years now.
    Forum Member
    good news for retro shirt sellers. The new kit http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/

terrible. When does the shirt deal with Nike expire?
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Seen as our next match feels like a cup final, if we scored first should we immediately park the bus like chelsea did and defend, defend, defend with the odd counter or should we play Russian Roulette and hope to survive?

I fear if we continue playing normally after scoring first we'll switch off like in the Norwich game.

I'd pick the 1st option but his dearest is too stubborn to try anything new.

We could be 4 nil up and still I'd have that feeling of dread as we are experts at screwing up high scorelines. I'd have more faith in our boys coming back from being down 4-nil as that's when we seem to play our best football.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can never tire of watching John Terry finding new ways to fall on his arse can you?
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    You can never tire of watching John Terry finding new ways to fall on his arse can you?

Thats them blown it now. As long as Bayern sort them out in the final.

The M'Vila deal looks it's really happening. Some very relaible sources are convinced its a goer. Exciting.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Thats them blown it now. As long as Bayern sort them out in the final.

The M'Vila deal looks it's really happening. Some very relaible sources are convinced its a goer. Exciting.

Will be very exciting. I guess someone at the club is confident we can beat WBA next weekend!
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 years ago today we won the title at Old Trafford.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Now we can look forward to scraping a distant 3rd at the Hawthorns.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Apparently RVP has been pictured wearing the new Arsenal kit - RVP must be happy and looking to sign (AW must be) - otherwise why would he be in the kit, eh?
  • BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently RVP has been pictured wearing the new Arsenal kit - RVP must be happy and looking to sign (AW must be) - otherwise why would he be in the kit, eh?

Won't believe it til there's ink on paper.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,170
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't start thinking third is guaranteed. Wasn't it 3-1 to West Brom last season at the Hawthornes
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    I wouldn't start thinking third is guaranteed. Wasn't it 3-1 to West Brom last season at the Hawthornes

2-2 at the Hawthorns [Almunia at his finest], 3-2 to them at our place. Hodgson's last game, I'm not confident at all. Just trying not to think about the inevitable disappointment.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,170
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    2-2 at the Hawthorns [Almunia at his finest], 3-2 to them at our place. Hodgson's last game, I'm not confident at all. Just trying not to think about the inevitable disappointment.

I think Newcastle will snatch third, I can see Fulham getting a draw with Tottenham
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Now we can look forward to scraping a distant 3rd at the Hawthorns.
    Hehe. :D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Here's the 2007/8 away kit being modelled.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6603/whitekit1fr8fg8.jpg

The guy on the left never wore it in action.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good news for retro shirt sellers. The new kit http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/

terrible. When does the shirt deal with Nike expire?

What's wrong with it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very nervous but excited about sunday. It's a shame that our must win game this season is an away game to West Brom but hey, that's football. I know all the Baggies players and fans would like to send Hodgson off with a win so it will be a very tough game, we must perform.

As to Wenger saying 'no more signings', that is a ploy. When clubs think we are desperate, they bump up the asking price. Wenger is playing it smart and trying to throw clubs of the scent. Though I doubt we will spend £17 million on one player i can realistically see two more aquisitions before the Euro's.
This discussion has been closed.