Nintendo 3DS/3DSXL Free Super Mario 3D Land Promotion

omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
Forum Member
✭✭
As I'm expecting my new gold 3DSXL with the new Zelda game in the next few days, I am very pleased to hear of the latest promotion from Nintendo . . . .

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns/SUPER-MARIO-3D-LAND-Welcome-Promotion/How-To-Claim/How-To-Claim-831590.html

Comments

• KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking how good that is but then remembered I've already got the game lol still a good offer though.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity those that already registered their 3DS are excluded :(
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Pity those that already registered their 3DS are excluded :(

Yeah, that's a bugger...
  • omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloading my freebie Super Mario 3D Land now.

Although, more importantly, I'll finally be able to play the new Zelda!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still peed off that I missed out on this by only a couple of weeks...
  • smeg_headsmeg_head Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Bought a 3DS earlier this year but never actually registered. Free game ahoy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always hate promotions like this that i miss out on

Its like i've supported the 3DS from launch (with a small period of not owning one) and now i'm rewarded by not be eligible for a reward

Well thanks nintendo i'm glad to know that my continued custom is much more valuable than the custom of somebody who bought one after a few years because the price dropped
  • StuBStuB Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately they are also excluding the 2DS, which my son has asked for for Christmas.

Seems like a strange exclusion to make to me :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    ...Its like i've supported the 3DS from launch (with a small period of not owning one) and now i'm rewarded by not be eligible for a reward...

Weren't you rewarded with 20 free games by being part of the Ambassador Program, then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Weren't you rewarded with 20 free games by being part of the Ambassador Program, then?

Which i lost when i sold my original 3DS because nintendo don't have a proper account system
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which i lost when i sold my original 3DS because nintendo don't have a proper account system

Debatable that they still don't have a proper account system but that's another story.

Still, thing is you're complaining about not being rewarded for being an early adopter but you were... you just chose to then jump ship, even though you ended up buying another one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Debatable that they still don't have a proper account system but that's another story.

Still, thing is you're complaining about not being rewarded for being an early adopter but you were... you just chose to then jump ship, even though you ended up buying another one.

I'm moaning that this is a date specific promotion

If you bought and registered a 3DS and a eligible game on the 26th of November or before, hell if you bought one on the 27th and registered it before 3pm, then screw you you bought one to soon

I think promotions like this would be better if you could take part from day one of the consoles release, so the sooner you bought the console and some games, the more free games you would be able to earn overtime
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member

I think promotions like this would be better if you could take part from day one of the consoles release, so the sooner you bought the console and some games, the more free games you would be able to earn overtime

These promotions aren't designed to give you free games 'over time'.. There designed to get people who don't own the console to buy one..

You've bought a console, maybe or maybe not got a reward, but Nintendo have your money, and that's all there bothered about. As is the same practice of any company trying to make a profit.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I already own this game but took advantage of this offer with my digital purchase of Sonic Lost World. Nice to have it on the system and a good excuse to play through it again, what a great game it is!

Despite being hooked on Space Harrier 3D (played with stylus = best version ever) I've managed to sink countless hours into it again.