[Game] The Mix Factor 2: Live Show 5

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted (didn't see you were here Niall :p)
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caitlin Koch

Wooo! Caitlin, can you hear me?! The audience here is going mad for you! You're the only girl left but my goodness, you always make me proud of you. This week I didn't want you to be sold short, but just rock out the show like it's dynamite! With that said, you so need to be back here next week, please vote for Caitlin!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caitlin Koch

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Niall. I just don't think this version of the song suited you very well or the song in fact. Maybe the JLO vocals would have but not this version. It's a shame because it's two weeks in a row I've been disappointed with your performance. I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the bottom 2 this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixed comments for Caitlin, her performance has sure split the panel! We'll have to wait and see which side the public agrees with...

Up next is the lady (well, one of the ladies) with the big voice, and Niall will intorduce her!
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is the amazing lady, singing a song from an artist you might not expect, it's Ruth Lorenzo!

Poker Face by Lady Gaga (Acoustic Version)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo

Ruth, I found this cover quite a while ago and was surprised at how good Lady Gaga's voice actually was! I would have never thought about giving it to you until this theme came up, however I recently listened to it and I feel it suits you really well, and I thought this was an amazing performance! It wasn't predictable as Lady Gaga is not an artist I would usually associate with you, however this song really brought out the best of your vocal ability and enabled you to use your lungs too full ability! Well done Ruth!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo

Ruth, for the past few weeks you've been getting better each week. But if there was one theme where I think you have troubles with, it's this theme. I wasn't keen on that version of the song, even though it is different to the original. I hope the public will give you another chance because that wasn't your best, you gotta bring it back next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo

I'm really sorry Ruth but I didn't like that performance. I'm certain EoS said the song had to be performed uptempo in the rules. Do we have a potential second rule breaker of the night? Other than that, I felt like you didn't fit that song. You have a different style of voice which was perhaps again a little too big for the song. It was also weird hearing you with just a piano, but also nice because it felt more intimate. I'm sorry Ruth, but I just didn't enjoy it tonight!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Ruth

Ruth, I have to be honest that I wasn’t the biggest fan of that performance tonight. I just didn’t feel as though this song was particularly suited to your style tonight. For me your mentor has let you down with the song choice. Ruth you are going to need all the support that you can tonight or I feel as though you will find yourself in a bit of trouble later tonight. Sorry Ruth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbbnbbb wrote: »
    Ruth Lorenzo

I'm really sorry Ruth but I didn't like that performance. I'm certain EoS said the song had to be performed uptempo in the rules. Do we have a potential second rule breaker of the night? Other than that, I felt like you didn't fit that song. You have a different style of voice which was perhaps again a little too big for the song. It was also weird hearing you with just a piano, but also nice because it felt more intimate. I'm sorry Ruth, but I just didn't enjoy it tonight!

EoS said it could be a cover, so I assumed that meant it could be a downtempo version of an uptempo song?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    EoS said it could be a cover, so I assumed that meant it could be a downtempo version of an uptempo song?

Maybe I read it incorrectly? I was pretty sure it said it had to be uptempo.
    Forum Member
    I thought he said it should be uptempo unless you could provide a good arguement for the song choice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will however not approve any song that's not uptempo unless you provide a REALLY good argument as to why it's a party anthem. Finally, remember that anthem means that songs that are not too well-known are out of the question as well.

Doesn't say that:
    a) covers are not allowed
    b) the song has to be PERFORMED uptempo

I should have been clearer with the rules through. I did give Niall permission to use covers. The idea was to use songs that would be played at parties through, and this cover is on the edge of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will however not approve any song that's not uptempo unless you provide a REALLY good argument as to why it's a party anthem. Finally, remember that anthem means that songs that are not too well-known are out of the question as well.

Doesn't say that a) covers are not allowed & b) the song has to be PERFORMED uptempo

I should have been clearer with the rules through.

Yes, you should have! :D

Thanks for clearing that up too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, with that out of the way, we can continue.

Up next is another one of bboy1988's acts, so please introduce him.
    Forum Member
    Up next showing how versatile he can be with his style of song, please welcome Astro putting his spin on Levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOAv9ChrAVw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astro

I can't believe I'm going to say this but that was (other than Mahogany) the best performance so far tonight. You really surprised me with that. It was a very clever choice from your mentor where it was literally all about your rap not any other vocals. The rap also fitted your vocal style perfectly - it was a much more believeable style of voice. I'm really impressed with that performance!
    Forum Member
    *Reaches over the judging table and feels Aprils head to make sure she isn't burning up lol :p*

Astro

Astro I absolutely love working with you and for me you are getting better and better each week. It is so good to see you put your spin on a style of song that we normally wouldn’t associate with you or your style. It is so good to see you put your spin on a style of song that we normally wouldn’t associate with you or your style. Picking up on something that was said by one of the other mentors in the last show, why would Astro have to sing rather than rap. This competition is not specifically about people just singing, and I feel that it is unfair that Astro should be asked to sing rather than rap when other singers are not being asked to then rap or do something that they are not comfortable with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astro

Umm...well, hold on audience I haven't said anything yet. Astro, I say it in a quiet way but...that was amazing. I haven't been keen on you since the start, but you have finally won me over, it was a great rap and a great song choice. I finally get you, I now accept the fact that this is what you are. This was your best performance to date. Sing, rap, it really doesn't matter now, all I can say you did yourself proud, well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Astro

Hmm you know I love you Astro but there was something about this song that just didn't do it for me. I think the rap was a little too fast paced which meant you struggled with it at times and also seemed out of your depth, which effected your performance, I also just felt this performance was just a little boring and fell flat compared to your previous performances, good luck with the vote tonight however Astro!
    Forum Member
    Noooo, Astro is finally winning his biggest critics over and his one other supporter on the panel now doenst like it lol :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol I know, I'm sure he'll be safe tonight though :p
    Forum Member
    lol I know, I'm sure he'll be safe tonight though :p

I'm only joking :p , but I hope he is safe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astro

Hmm you know I love you Astro but there was something about this song that just didn't do it for me. I think the rap was a little too fast paced which meant you struggled with it at times and also seemed out of your depth, which effected your performance, I also just felt this performance was just a little boring and fell flat compared to your previous performances, good luck with the vote tonight however Astro!

I couldn't disagree with you more. His previous performances were very uninspiring and unsuited. This performance was very suited to his voice and it seemed like something which he would be very content with. I for one think it's easily the best performance by him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite getting a good comment from both Soppyfan and April tonight Astro STILL managed to get mixed comments. Will this change affect his success in the vote tonight?

Up next is last week's sing-off survivor. Niall, you know what to do!