Facebook login

NE5NE5 Posts: 554
Forum Member
✭✭
Can someone pse tell me how you find out your password for Facebook please. I need to change a password and/or email address. The person who set up this account didn't record the info and currently it is locked unless we can get the password.

Comments

• DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a Forgot Password? link, but that will simply send an email to the email account that setup that Facebook account. You would need that person to check their emails once completed.
  • NE5NE5 Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »
    There is a Forgot Password? link, but that will simply send an email to the email account that setup that Facebook account. You would need that person to check their emails once completed.

thank you, that is what we are looking for - on a mobile - but can't find it
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    ''Forgotten your password'' is directly underneath the box where you enter the password or here.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NE5 wrote: »
    Can someone pse tell me how you find out your password for Facebook please. I need to change a password and/or email address. The person who set up this account didn't record the info and currently it is locked unless we can get the password.

the way its worded it sounds like you want access to someone else's account? There can be legitimate reasons for this, and ways Facebook can help with this so maybe a bit of background might help?
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here's the link to recover an account:
    https://www.facebook.com/login/identify?ctx=recover

might not work on mobile
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you could try ticking sing in box and trying first latter of any emails you might think work or go from a-z (first letter only) , need to do this with my own account from time to time ,will work if your using a browser that stores password's .

worth a shot if your still stuck
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    the way its worded it sounds like you want access to someone else's account? There can be legitimate reasons for this, and ways Facebook can help with this so maybe a bit of background might help?

yep, its my girlfriends account, which was set up by her son in law. We [and he] doesn't know the password he used, and the email address is the one generated by facebook [I think based on what I can see and work out].

She's not that bothered about computers but we want to make some changes to her facebook account etc ... I want to register a proper email address and change the password to something that she chooses herself now. This is because facebook on a phone is crap, basically, and we want it to work a bit better, like mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you to everybody for the replies. I'll get her round to my way of thinking yet......:)
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    and the email address is the one generated by facebook [I think based on what I can see and work out].
    As far as I know facebook does not generate any email addresses. Its the email address that was used when creating the account.
    I want to register a proper email address and change the password to something that she chooses herself now.
    I think you would need to open a new account, not sure ?
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NE5 wrote: »
    yep, its my girlfriends account, which was set up by her son in law. We [and he] doesn't know the password he used, and the email address is the one generated by facebook [I think based on what I can see and work out].
    You register with an email address, such as Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. You will always then sign in with that email address unless you change it. Facebook do assign your account with their own email address. This is purely so your account can be emailed, and you'll receive it in your messages within Facebook. So you'll still sign in with Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc, but anyone can send an email to abc123@facebook.com, and it'll be received like any other message on Facebook.