Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand fans *****Complain in your thousands******

the wellserthe wellser Posts: 4,973
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think what happened was out of order, but the reaction has been so over the top.

I really feel punished by this.

We need to equal those middle England, Mail reading old farts.

Lets get thousands of complaints into the BBC over the loss of Ross over the next few weeks and the permanent loss of Brand from Radio 2.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know!
    Millions of fans disappointed around the world :(
  • mriggsmriggs Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I find the whole thing very contradictary, they keep saying how they must provide for everyone so why take away Ross, and loose many viewers who enjoy his programmes but no other BBC programmes.

I only watch Top Gear and Friday Night with Johnathan Ross on the BBC.

Now I don't condone what Ross and Brand did it was wrong simple as that I think most people will agree but the reaction is completely over the top.

It happened on the 18th of October and only recieved two complaints then a week later the Daily Mail picks up on it so everyone jumps on the bandwagon and start complaining about something they had no idea of. I only found out on Monday 9 days after it had happened and if it hadn't been for the overeaction of the media I and millions of others would have never known this had even happen.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you complain with Jonathan Ross or Russell Brand in the message it will just get put with all the rest and will never be read.
  • the wellserthe wellser Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We really need to make an issue of this.
  • Fergie1Fergie1 Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We really need to make an issue of this.
    And you think the BBC will listen to posters on a forum?
    It never works.
  • the wellserthe wellser Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie1 wrote: »
    It never works.
    No! I'm trying to get people to write in!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jonathan Ross once interviewed the leader of the opposition, David Cameron, on his TV programme and amongst other things asked him if he masturbated while imagining Margaret Thatcher.

I'm sure there were some complaints at the time but the "newspapers" failed to mount a hate campaign so those who didn't watch were not offended by what they didn't see or hear.

That's the nature of TV, some programmes are not for everyones taste.

It was a very similar comment to that directed at Andrew Sachs (probably worse since the Thatcher comment was scripted) and yet no discipline for Ross.

The only conclusion you can draw is that the BBC are spineless wimps who only really serve one small demographic in this country.

If those people get upset then the BBC jumps to attention. But becoming upset is a fact of life and should not be pandered too.

Pathetic, and I will certainly lodge a complaint with the BBC.
  • Digi_MasterDigi_Master Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i was Ross i seriously think about resigning, his shows will never be the same again. The BBC will certainly be scissor happy and the Daily mail will have a weekly 'Ross Watch' section instantly letting their readers know of any potential booboo's by Ross.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The BBC only received 30,000 complaints because of the BBC and all of its workers hating Daily Mail and their army of old biddy's. You can't say the Daily Mail isn't evil. They gave a column to Piers Morgan!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    simple - www.bbcyoursay.co.uk - talks directly to the BBC Trustees.
  • tonycollins100tonycollins100 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will certainly lodge a complaint with the BBC.

Too late!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie1 wrote: »
    It never works.

Not sure, but, cant quite remember now but I think Digital Spy petitions were mentioned during the loads of Channel4 clangers over the years. So why not with the beeb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    someone needs to start an email/internet campaign to generate complaints to the BBC that our Friday night has been ruined by their caving in to the Mail........would be rather fitting if the largest ever number of complaints was BECAUSE his hsow was axed!

Sent mine already.
  • Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PWR wrote: »
    Not sure, but, cant quite remember now but I think Digital Spy petitions were mentioned during the loads of Channel4 clangers over the years.

Well that's conclusive. Thanks for clearing it up. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    The woman involved in the BrandRoss drama is no innocent victim, she did have an affair with Brand and is more than happy to discuss it with the papers.

Also I am sure her grandfather is aware of her lifestyle so it isn't as shocking as it seemed initially.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::sleep:
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I don't think the backlash will be nearly as powerful - no one does complaining like the whinging moral crusaders that have forced this situation.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,010
    Forum Member
    I want my Jonny back on tv to morrow night
  • onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member
    If the BBC fan boys want to moan they should complain to Ross and Brand, it was their infantile and offensive behaviour which dropped them in the dirt.
    The best place for them.
    Forum Member
    onecitizen wrote: »
    If the BBC fan boys want to moan they should complain to Ross and Brand, it was their infantile and offensive behaviour which dropped them in the dirt.
    No, it was busybody Daily Mail readers, not listeners of the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    You mean to say that Russell Brand is comedian? At least I have learnt something new out of all this.

I read the transcripts of what was supposed to have been said and it was the most unfunny, childish, and puerile material I have seen in a long time.

Complain in your thousands or they may allow him back. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    complain here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaints_stage1.shtml

...only takes a second :)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funny how the Mail is the only paper getting abuse here they may have started the ball rollng but it was Brand & Ross & their producers that started this and then the rest of the media jumped on the bandwagon - including the BBC news
    Forum Member
    AJF649 wrote: »
    You mean to say that Russell Brand is comedian? At least I have learnt something new out of all this.

I read the transcripts of what was supposed to have been said and it was the most unfunny, childish, and puerile material I have seen in a long time.
    It wasn't aimed at you, why do you think that your taste is the only one that should matter? Why do you think that a demographic that the show wasn't aimed at in the first place should take away something that was very successful and liked by a lot of other people?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karinhere wrote: »
    The woman involved in the BrandRoss drama is no innocent victim, she did have an affair with Brand and is more than happy to discuss it with the papers.

Also I am sure her grandfather is aware of her lifestyle so it isn't as shocking as it seemed initially.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::sleep:

I didn't realise that Brand was married or for that matter the granddaughter - as for them having a relationship it wasn't in the public domain until Ross & Brand phoned her grandfather - so now it's in the public domain everyone wants to know about it and who's fault is that????
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like all this we support Ross and Brand nonsense.

Do you honestly believe that either of these two give a flying fig about any of you?

Brand jumped before he was pushed, because he's off to America............and by god the Americans deserve everything they're getting.

Ross, who imo was the worst offender, hasn't had the decency to follow his mate and resign, because clearly he treasures his pay packet more.

Meantime each and every one of you have lost sight of;

1) They broke the law by causing upset, annoyance and disturbance by their use of the telephone.

2) They broke the BBC code of conduct

3) The editorial staff broke the code of conduct by transmitting without the consent of Sachs.

Now pause for one moment and look real hard at those three points. Imagine the reaction of your employers, had you even broken one such condition of your employment.

Just because they're so called celebrities does not absolve them of responsibility for their own actions.

Binnman