Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I have been looking for the website that I read it on. No luck, but I came across this about the Queens of Mean. Quite a few Prisoner interviews. Amongst other gems.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1073801

dunno when that video was made but Val looks rather great in it (despite the hideous blouse)...she must be getting on a bit and to think of all those **** she got through each episode, it's a wonder she's still with us. Wonder just how many 'smoke-o's' there were? :p

Just checked amazon for box-set updates. I haven't bought one since series 4 but there seems to be a shit-load of them all of a sudden (up to series 8 already). Have they been releasing them quicker recently? But, my god, they're pricier than ever. :mad:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    dunno when that video was made but Val looks rather great in it (despite the hideous blouse)...she must be getting on a bit and to think of all those **** she got through each episode, it's a wonder she's still with us. Wonder just how many 'smoke-o's' there were? :p

Just checked amazon for box-set updates. I haven't bought one since series 4 but there seems to be a shit-load of them all of a sudden (up to series 8 already). Have they been releasing them quicker recently? But, my god, they're pricier than ever. :mad:

I never bought the box sets. I have them all the eps that I recorded from Channel 5. I will get the box sets one day though.

Val had a face lift last year:eek: A leading Aussie plastic surgeon offered her a free face lift and she accepted. She's 68 now.

There was a magazine article about her. She now lives on an island off Brisbane. Her younger husband pissed off with someone else leaving her with loads of bills.

Edit: Found the article. (need to zoom in to read it)
    http://www.val-lehman.com/VAL%20LEHMAN.pdf
  • eurofandaveeurofandave Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    ajdcbg wrote: »
    I've met 5 of the cast over the last 2 years , at the 2010 and 2011 memorabilia conventions.

In 2009 I met Val Lehman , Gerard Maguire and Fiona Spence.
    Due to costs , I didn't get their autographs , but did get my picture taken with Val

http://oi56.tinypic.com/jqsro5.jpg

In 2010 , I met Maggie Kirkpatrick & Glenda Linscott . This time , I got both actresses autographs and a picture.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2dm9ger.jpg

bit blurry though and I look like a weirdo:rolleyes::(

Great pics :) I must admit i was addicted to PCBH when it was being shown in the Granada region,and used to watch whatever episode was being shown in the HTV Wales area as well as we could get a great reception :)

I was a bingo caller at the time and when i went into work on the monday,all the punters and i would be discussing the previous night's episode lol.Everyone seemed to love Joan even though she was a right bitch!! lol

I loved Maggie's and Glenda's characters lol.When Joan started to put those gloves on,you knew there would be trouble ;)

I always used to find Lurch funny lol.Great character!!
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the new Aus film 'Red Hill' this week and was interested to see a cameo from Elspeth Balantine (sic). She will forever be 'Megsy' to me tho :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I love this show.

My favourite character was Miss Bennett.
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    I love this show.

There's a surprise ! :)
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole boxset in a metal case is being released again in australia..dont know what it will cost to post to UK..but people may be interested
    http://www.devoteddvd.com.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=73619
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    the whole boxset in a metal case is being released again in australia..dont know what it will cost to post to UK..but people may be interested
    http://www.devoteddvd.com.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=73619

$600 Australian dollars to buy and almost $200 for postage. :eek:

That's about £550.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    $600 Australian dollars to buy and almost $200 for postage. :eek:

That's about £550.

thats not bad considering I paid nearly £700 for mine back in 2008..the only difference was it came with a book and a slightly different case
    Forum Member
    thats not bad considering I paid nearly £700 for mine back in 2008..the only difference was it came with a book and a slightly different case

I paid more than that for mine - you got a bargain !
    Forum Member
    I love this show.

Quite spooky !

Your first post and tonight as I work my way through the series it was Vera's last episode !
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prisoner Cell Block H was/is a hell of a good drama/soap. Yeah, okay, it's nowhere near realistic, but it's good to watch while you're nice and comfy on the couch in the sitting room.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,288
    Forum Member
    Thanks Pep Man for PM me and telling me about the thread.

Can somebody tell me how Prisoner last episode ended? I had stopped watching it by this point, sure I tuned in for this episode though? I cannot remember it.
    Thanks
    Forum Member
    I agree with both of you. Po Face had a soft heart underneath. Remember how worried she was about Suzy Driscoll when she went missing (or did she escape)

Judith McGrath is a great actress.

So did the Freak have a soft side. I felt so sorry for her as outside she was so lonely.:(
    Forum Member
    j
    dd68 wrote: »
    My favourite character was Lizzie, to the last.

I have never called the show anything other than 'Prisoner', thats the name on the screen, and it works for me.

Love Lizzie 'Where's The Grog':D
    Forum Member
    mistygal wrote: »
    Thanks Pep Man for PM me and telling me about the thread.

Can somebody tell me how Prisoner last episode ended? I had stopped watching it by this point, sure I tuned in for this episode though? I cannot remember it.
    Thanks

Ferguson gets stiched up for a crime and gets put inside Wentworth ! !
    Forum Member
    So did the Freak have a soft side. I felt so sorry for her as outside she was so lonely.:(

Yep she did - she looked after a kid - Shane for a while
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can somebody tell me how Prisoner last episode ended?
    Wikipedia reminds me that the last episode was 692.

I found the final eight or nine minutes of that episode on YouTube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQtfEwXfQ8
    but couldn't find the whole of it. Someone else might be able to give you a link.

You really need to see the last two or three episodes to understand everything that goes on. Even then it's tricky to know exactly who knows what when.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I rememb watching every episode of Cell Block H in the late 80s! It's classic TV and I don't know why no channel has ever repeated it. Bea Smith 'top dog', the dozy one with the blonde hair, the lil old lady with jet black hair, and 'Vinigar Tits' all working away on the Hoffmann steam presses plotting their next idea, brewing hooch in the kitchen, passing things amongst the laundry baskets and rubbish bins..... ooooo it was great.

Someone says they have it on DVD? Is it on sale on Amazon or suchlike or did they copy over VHS to disc?

And that was all back in the day when Oz only had 12 actors so every show you watched had the same ones in it!
    Forum Member
    I paid more than that for mine - you got a bargain !

Praps you could *ahem* have a lil distribution enterprise scheme and recoup some of your money?
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She did indeed. She took that young boy in (Shane) and she doted on the Major (her father)

I quite liked Joan when she was away from the prison. She turned straight back to The Freak once she had that uniform on though.
    Forum Member
    Praps you could *ahem* have a lil distribution enterprise scheme and recoup some of your money?

:eek: - No way - I'd sooner rent my arms and legs out !
    Forum Member
    She did indeed. She took that young boy in (Shane) and she doted on the Major (her father)

I quite liked Joan when she was away from the prison. She turned straight back to The Freak once she had that uniform on though.

The Major - that's it - I was trying to think of him in my previous posts
    Forum Member
    I rememb when lil old Lizzie (?) got released and couldn't hack it on the outside..... or was she mis-treated I can't rememb but it was sumin tragic *sob*

I could probably rememb all the words to the theme tune even now....