Options

Nexus 7 tips and tricks anyone?

Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Parents wanted a cheap tablet so we just picked up a first gen nexus 7. I'm an Apple person myself with iPhones and iPads etc but I've just been playing about with it setting up a gmail account for the rents and updating software etc, I'm quite impressed with it for the price we payed.

So any tips at all? For example whats up with google now? It's saying we need to set it up? I thought it was something built into android? Also whats the best way of getting pics from a nokia lumia phone to the nexus 7? Lumia to computer, computer to nexus 7 I'm guessing?

Think that's it for the minute, cheers

Comments

• Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Parents wanted a cheap tablet so we just picked up a first gen nexus 7. I'm an Apple person myself with iPhones and iPads etc but I've just been playing about with it setting up a gmail account for the rents and updating software etc, I'm quite impressed with it for the price we payed.

So any tips at all? For example whats up with google now? It's saying we need to set it up? I thought it was something built into android? Also whats the best way of getting pics from a nokia lumia phone to the nexus 7? Lumia to computer, computer to nexus 7 I'm guessing?

Think that's it for the minute, cheers

You could install OneDrive (formerly Sky Drive) on both the Lumia and Nexus 7 and transfer images that way?
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »

So any tips at all? For example whats up with google now? It's saying we need to set it up? I thought it was something built into android?

Its less 'set it up', more 'turn it on'. :)
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks.

As you can tell I'm a Android noob! Lol