Options

Suicide Squad cast photo revealed

Comments

• Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks pretty decent, shame it's just over a year away.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Rats, I don't know who many of the characters are. Might have to read up on the squad.

Seems like a lot of characters to introduce in one movie. I hope it doesn't suffer from lack of quality due to quantity.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I am so excited for this.
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to have a Watchmen feel to it, with that slightly retro look to it.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather enjoying Harley Quinn .. *cough* :D
  • Options
    AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone name me all of them and which is which. Suicide Squad is not well known to me so I only recognise less then half of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Can someone name me all of them and which is which. Suicide Squad is not well known to me so I only recognise less then half of them.

The photo depicts (from left to right)
    Slipknot (?)* (Adam Beach),
    Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney),
    Enchantress (Cara Delevingne),
    Katana (Karen Fukuhara),
    Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman),
    Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie),
    Deadshot (Will Smith),
    Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje)
    and El Diablo (Jay Hernandez).

Ayer dropped the photo with the sentence "Task Force X assembled and ready'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's a better look at Will Smiths Deadshot, as tweeted or facebooked by someone.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/05/Will-Smith-Deadshot-Suicide-Squad-IGN.jpg
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Suicide Squad + Arkham + Harley + Joker + Dead Shot....I wonder if it's going to be loosely based on "Batman: Assault on Arkham" :D

(Without Batman :blush:)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That cast picture looks a bit "cosplay" to me, but I still like it overall.

I'm basically watching this movie for Margot Robbie and Will Smith though.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised at the positive comments on this thread as the photo of Suicide Squad look very average to me

The TV version of The Suicide Squad look a lot better than this film version which is a pity!

I still think this film will make a lot of money but that doesn't mean it will be any good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the positive comments on this thread as the photo of Suicide Squad look very average to me

The TV version of The Suicide Squad look a lot better than this film version which is a pity!

I still think this film will make a lot of money but that doesn't mean it will be any good

I don't think it's that positive. There's only been one or two positive comments. And one or two "who are these characters" comments.

I only know 4 of the characters and that's only from the Arrowverse or the Arkham games. So they might look awesome .... or they might look awful (compared to how they looked in the comics), but I don't know.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dull and bland (apart from Harley :))
    I like my super heroes / super villians to have distinctive outfits, ~7 new characters all dressed in dark leather (ish), shot at night, with that filter DC films like to use, is gonna make distinguishing one from the other most difficult. I guess/understand they're trying to ground the characters/film/outfits in reality, right ?! but reality should need to equal boring.
    (btw: where's my Harley poster dammit!!)
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone else thinking that Margot doesn't look like Harley Quinn much? It looks more like an outfit you wear on Halloween! Lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really like Deadshot.

I dunno, I'm really excited for this based purely that they seem to be taking a completely different route than I expected. I was expecting so many rehashes of the Dark Knight Trilogy. I'm still sceptical, but I want it to be good.
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And here's footage of the Batmobile in Suicide Squad, it's just driving down the street, nothing exciting but you do get a proper look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCFER_l4-g
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    And here's footage of the Batmobile in Suicide Squad, it's just driving down the street, nothing exciting but you do get a proper look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCFER_l4-g

is batman in it?
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    is batman in it?

Apparently Ben Affleck will be having a cameo in the film, but only as bruce Wayne, I think.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this, bring it on
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Apparently Ben Affleck will be having a cameo in the film, but only as bruce Wayne, I think.
    If they're featuring the Batmobile, it's more likely he'll have a cameo as Batman, surely? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IGN have just posted an article about a video of Joker and Batman fighting on the Suicide Squad set. So Bats must be in it.