The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    Tom Hugo would have been perfect for you last night...;) :(

I would have fallen asleep a lot sooner (and I mean a LOT sooner)
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after a long weekend away, I have finally almost caught up on this weekend's Euro drama.

In some ways I talked more about Eurovision this weekend than I have in a while, but still missed all the NF's and Melfest!

So...

Malta....Rather liking this, it was the only one that stood out to me and I can see it having a chance of qualifying, especially with Azerbaijan in the same semi...

Iceland...initial disapointment...however I am feeling positive, and liking it more with every listen, I feel it may be a big grower on me, perhaps like Kuula from last year.

Melfest...well It's good to have it back! A great start and cannot wait for the next semi.

A quick work on Norway too....Bombo...used to hate it...now its my guilty pleasure, however she needs some serious help on the vocals if she is going to have any chance should she go to Malmo, otherwise another Stella may be on the cards. Will be a very competitive final however.

Righto...now to listen to the Spanish songs! They are coming thick and fast now!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I hope they were deliberately missing out the bit where it turns into massive foot stomper

And Nodi has a face for radio doesn't he?

We'll hear all of Waterfall soon. It reminds me of Romania 2008, Belarus 2010 and Azerbaijan 2011 merged into one song :eek::mad:
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    Been watching that all week, she's closing in on number one :eek:! Trying not to get too excited :o

Berger is nowhere near her -- but it has been out a week longer...did she make the top 10 after her semi performance?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

Am I the only one who saw the youtube title and thought "They're covering Jedward?!"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    You'd better had! You're the founder :)

I thought you were! I just stole it off you!! :p
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a complete travesty if Margaret Berger doesn't represent Norway.
    That Bombo girl can't even sing, and has no where near the cute factor that Stella had.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Berger is nowhere near her -- but it has been out a week longer...did she make the top 10 after her semi performance?

I'm not sure I only started checking after Bombo Saturday. Berger is selling more than she was yesterday but Bombo has picked up speed too.
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    Am I the only one who saw the youtube title and thought "They're covering Jedward?!"?

Am I the only one who got obsessed with the Georgian alphabet and ignored the song to look at the letters...:o
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    I'm not sure I only started checking after Bombo Saturday. Berger is selling more than she was yesterday but Bombo has picked up speed too.

More importantly has Sirkus...;)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    From the briefest of snippets, Georgia sounds okay- will need to hear a chorus, though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the briefest of snippets, Georgia sounds okay- will need to hear a chorus, though!

I think there was a chorus featured toward the end
    Forum Member
    I think there was a chorus featured toward the end

Oh :o

I was expecting something a bit more ethno-pop!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh :o

I was expecting something a bit more ethno-pop!

Well I heard Waterfall a lot through thick accents. Yet hopefully we'll know by next week.
    Forum Member
    The Italian press are saying that this lady is RAI's second choice if Marco turns them down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkv3LA6Xsjc
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    The Italian press are saying that this lady is RAI's second choice if Marco turns them down.

Is there a reason why they're not going for Chiara? Much prefer her to the other two, Malika Ayane is maybe a bit too similar to Nina Zilli.
    Forum Member
    avb wrote: »
    Is there a reason why they're not going for Chiara? Much prefer her to the other two, Malika Ayane is maybe a bit too similar to Nina Zilli.

I'm not sure why Chiara is being snubbed?

I seem to remember them saying part of the winners contract of X Factor was a performance slot at Sanremo, but I'm sure they mentioned Eurovision in there too! Also, Marco is their first choice and he's also an X-Factor winner, so I'm thinking they're not including her and therefore detracting away from the other X-Factor winner in Sanremo.

She'd be fantastic- I'd love Italy to send a ballad after two years of Jazz (although Italo-Disco would be an interesting route!)
  • sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member

I very much liked that. Although I was expecting a Lys video to pop up!

Hard to tell much about Georgia at this stage although at least it can't (ever) be as bad as last year.

Nothing excites me about Spain which is a shame - they've been in my top ten the last two years.
    Forum Member
    My Maltese friend has just uploaded a video of Tomorrow on YouTube and called it "the most addictive song she's ever heard".

Not sure I'd go that far, but nice to see it's getting some love!
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    More importantly has Sirkus...;)

It's growing on me with every listen.....:o
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else feel kinda sorry for Slovenia in Eurovision? They always vote for their Balkan neighbours but very rarely receive decent points in return.

The Balkan outcasts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Maliki is great. Discovered her whole doing DSFE where she was ROBBED. Hope she does it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is becoming an Irish love fest this year. I hear huge Irish influences in both the Danish and Icelandic entries and now Spanish possibility Atrevete is the most Irish sounding song that might ever be sent to Eurovision and that includes Dervish!!
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the two internet-voting Spanish songs only fragments? Surely it's more important that they're released in full at this stage.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atrevete is immense:)
This discussion has been closed.