Joe Swash - Bankrupt again!

2»

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,801
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    So that's more panel shows and reality shows for him to appear on then! ;)

"I'm a Celeb, Get Me Out of Debt!"
  • Kwazykat61Kwazykat61 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Amanda Addington. Ray Winstone, Kerry Katona, Grant Bovey now Swash.

Who'll be next on the list of zeleb bankrupts? Funny how they always manage to live the celeb lifestyle even though they supposedly haven't a pot to pi$$ in too.

How dare you add Ray Winstone to Zeleb list :mad:
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kwazykat61 wrote: »
    How dare you add Ray Winstone to Zeleb list :mad:

Because in my eyes he IS perhaps?
  • Kwazykat61Kwazykat61 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I agree with the other 4 but I am mortified at Ray Winstone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewww that means he's gonna be on TV even MORE :(
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone that does it twice should just be doing jail time.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

Because owing the tax man is justas serious as violent crime isn;t it ?

Do people realise that since the goverment told HMRC to clear their debt backlog (much of which is incorrect anyway) and that since HMRC is no longer a preferred creditor they bankrupt people and wind up companies at the drop of a hat (its standing room only in the winding up courts at present and most via HMRC ) , they may not get the money but they clear the debt from their books and look healtheir as a result.

We had an ongoing situation with HMRc where they demanded £300,000 from us a few years back, based on a trainee Inspector checking our books and fining us for every employee for every year as we did not get a P45 from them !!!!! exisiting employees do not give an employer a P45 each year , only when they start a job, employees get a P60 each April and continue into the new PAYE year , but not according to that lady.

The inspector incorrectly wrote notes as though every employee was a new employee each April , we were issued a bill and given 8 weeks to pay £300,000 plus interest for the years involved and then having tried to explain they were wrong and when we refused a winding up order was issued and HMRC refsued to speak to us .

We ended up having to go to court to get a copy of the HMRC file and notes as they said we could not see them , and when it was finally in front of the Winding up Court and we presented our evidence the HMRC Barrister consulted his client and they still did not want to conced they made a mistake, this was after a year of accountants and lawyers .

The Judge then threw it out having seen the evidence and warned HMRC's barrister about the waste of public money in bringing this to court , sending a trainee unaccompanied to do the inspection iin the first place, he called HMRC arrogant for refusing to listen to us and our accountants , HMRC had to pay our court costs but they never paid the accountants fees etc.

My point being that HMRC are quick off the mark these days when they could get money if they waited, and we dont know that that may be the case here as well.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Because owing the tax man is justas serious as violent crime isn;t it ?

Sorry have no idea what violent crime has to do with Joe Swash failing to take his tax responsibilities seriously.
    skp20040 wrote: »
    My point being that HMRC are quick off the mark these days when they could get money if they waited, and we dont know that that may be the case here as well.

Why should they wait? Whether it's corporation tax, VAT, or personal income tax, in all cases the monies due are a percentage of monies already earned, so the people owing the money know the bill is coming up at some point, and should be keeping the money back to pay it.

Joe got paid a pile of money, he knows he has to give a smaller pile of it over to HMRC, he should be keeping that pile back until they ask for it and there is no reason why HMRC should have to wait any longer than the payment terms they offer him and everyone else.

Even in the case of small businesses, certain of the VAT schemes allow for payment of the VAT only once their invoice has been paid rather than when it was written so cashflow is not really an excuse for not paying taxes either.

The only exception is in mistakes like the one you detail, but in the end the money wasn't due anyway, I appreciate that it shouldn't have got to the court stage though, that is ridiculous.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

We got rid of Debtors' Prisons in this country over 150 years ago. What next sending children up chimneys again?
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never really like his character Mickey in Eastenders.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    I never really like his character Mickey in Eastenders.

Genghis was even better looking than Joe ! :p:D
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Through sheer stupidity (cue alot of posters doing this :rolleyes:), and forgetting that my wages had changed by around £80 amonth in relation to my housing benefit, I endured a humiliating interview which was taped and I was made to feel like a 'hardened criminal'. I've paid my outstanding debt, but I feel sick. SICK when I read this guff. The majority of us 'get by', or should i say 'exist'?

Lets hope the revolution comes soon.:sleep:
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Genghis was even better looking than Joe ! :p:D

:D hey come on, he's described as a hunk earlier on in this thread!!
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    We got rid of Debtors' Prisons in this country over 150 years ago. What next sending children up chimneys again?

No.

But if you go bankrupt for a second time because you have just not bothered to pay the tax, then yes you should go to jail. Might serve as a wake up, just because you are a "celebrity" doesnt mean you dont have to pay tax.