Nicole Scherzinger-can she not get a job in the US?

MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
Forum Member
✭✭
Just asking because she seems to be over here all the time. Now she's doing an Andrew L.Webber tribute as Evita. How do we get rid of her...?

Comments

• Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan then...
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few of the Pussycat Dolls are based in the UK these days...
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair exchange, we get the pussycat dolls and America gets THE SATURDAYS...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a lovely girl, talented, gorgeous. Why would we send her back?

OP, why don't we get rid of you?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She tried her solo career in the US in 2007, 2009 and most recently in 2011 with the X Factor US, but the other girls from PCD sabotaged her image with stories etc, which may or may not have been true.

Either way it damaged her reputation in the US, and she was largely seen as the person to blame for the split of the band which was a shame.

I think she suits the UK though, she obviously loves it here, her boyfriend is British and she seems to fit in very well, especially with the X Factor last year. I'm glad she has a successful solo career here. She's stunning and talented. :)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is a beautiful woman and think maybe she enjoys spending time with her boyfriends and his family and living here makes it easier to do that
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Nicole, loved her on XF. Would trade her in for Tulisa anyday of the week.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She tried her solo career in the US in 2007, 2009 and most recently in 2011 with the X Factor US, but the other girls from PCD sabotaged her image with stories etc, which may or may not have been true.

Either way it damaged her reputation in the US, and she was largely seen as the person to blame for the split of the band which was a shame.

Which was stupid, as the "band" was only ever her and a bunch of glorified backup dancers/singers. It's not her fault that the rest were back ground noise.

Nicole is great, I dont care if she never goes back to the US, she can stay over here and be on tv for ever as far as Im concerned.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Her boyfriend is English. Perhaps that has an impact on where she likes to be.

doesn't the little weasel live in some tax haven like Switzerland or somewhere?
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,637
    Forum Member
    Bloody American popstars, coming over here and taking our jobs.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    doesn't the little weasel live in some tax haven like Switzerland or somewhere?

Until last year when he moved to Monaco which is a massive tax haven as well
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Bloody American popstars, coming over here and taking our jobs.
    :D:D:D

I think Nicole is great and am quite happy for her to be so prominent on TV here.

But yes, as someone else pointed out, Lewis Hamilton's permanent residence is in Switzerland I believe. (Something about tax *sorry* privacy issues). :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

I think Nicole is great and am quite happy for her to be so prominent on TV here.

But yes, as someone else pointed out, Lewis Hamilton's permanent residence is in Switzerland I believe. (Something about tax *sorry* privacy issues). :rolleyes:

I think there is genuinley a truth to the privacy matter. In Monacco no one bats an eye lid if a celeb walks past. They are just pretty much treated like you or I. Saying that no taxes is a bonus.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's bound to be a vacancy at a McDonalds outlet somewhere in the US. They always take on talentless people.................. (and some talented, but they restrict that to the UK)
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »

Half the F1 driver line-up live in, or have lived in, Switzerland (or, indeed, Monaco) at some point. Lewis Hamilton continues to get singled out for the criticism, however (six years later).
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nicole has tried to carve out a career in the US but for one reason or another it doesn't seem to have worked.
    She wasn't very popular on US X Factor and her music career never really took off.

I always thought she was quite dull and boring until her judging role on X Factor now I quite like her. She seems to have a good sense of humour and the UK (for the most part!) seem to have taken to her.

I don't think she will be around for much longer though, at least as a pop star, as nice as she is I still think she's missing that spark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of you are giving the pussycat dolls a lot more credit than they got in the US. They didn't really sell that many records here. The first album did great, but it isn't hard to sell half naked girls singing about sex. The lady who created the burlesque show that the group was formed out of was ingenious in that. They only had four singles in the top 10. The second album was pretty much all Nicole and that really didn't sell well.

She was always the most popular of the dolls because she was they one who said and very few people know the other girls names. It used to be joked about all the time on TV. Even with that, very few people here were/are interested in her as a solo artist. It's been that way for her for a very long time. None of her solo attempts ever worked for her in the US. It just goes to show that no matter how hot you are or how well you can sing, you aren't garunteed to have people buy into you.
    Fair exchange, we get the pussycat dolls and America gets THE SATURDAYS...

Nope, we are proving to not give two shits about them either. Their single and their show did terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    She's here to keep an eye on her boyfriend/son.Strangest celebrity couple out there.