Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Would you rather he was naked ;) Tesco mobile I believe but that is an ad which fails because they are suppose to be taking the pee out of themselves as people think having a Tesco mobile is embarrassing but these ads just confirm this view.

A naked Ronnie Corbett Is too horrible to think about. Tesco mobile, that's it.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curry's ad for a Samsung Smart TV....the noisiest, loudest, shouty song on tv at the moment. Has me reaching for the remote...it really is an assault on the ears!:mad:
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Curry's ad for a Samsung Smart TV....the noisiest, loudest, shouty song on tv at the moment. Has me reaching for the remote...it really is an assault on the ears!:mad:

Samsungs own smart TV ad is a real anti climax, the huge build up with everything from helicopters to dinosaurs running along the beach, the music, the bloke sitting there you think "wow, this is awesome, what's going to happen now"..
    and then it's for the smart TV! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Bingo with that grating Welsh female voice over. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    When actually does the DFS SALE end?

When our sun has shrunken to a red-dwarf and explodes into a spectacular supernova:)
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    When actually does the DFS SALE end?

I refer my honourable friend to my earlier posting
  • froggy22froggy22 Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I've yet to work out what the Grandma says at the end of that Money Advice advert. Its so inaudible I'm convinced she's mumbling on purpose
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,484
    Forum Member
    The new Head and Shoulders ad where they say men only need that in the beauty regime :rolleyes: It's worse than the last one.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current Confused.com advert has been running through my head all day.

All I have had in my head for the past seven hours is the vacant, dead expression of that robot as it says over and over again, "I've been pleasured!".

Reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4iVQyp9L4
  • Glitterbug13Glitterbug13 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this has been mentioned... That stupid Randoms ad with the man dressed as a parrot. It really is awful and not funny in the slightest.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    froggy22 wrote: »
    I've yet to work out what the Grandma says at the end of that Money Advice advert. Its so inaudible I'm convinced she's mumbling on purpose

I hate the creepy way the little girl recites everything, parrot fashion, in the ad. Just creepy :o
  • barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennie Eclair's annual grating half sung ". . . . and dont forget to renew your tax credits by July the Thirty-First"
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B&Q - Stop addressing us as 'Britain' you patronising t**ts! :mad:

Vauxhall Astra - Probably the most cringeworthy rapping I have ever heard!

LV - Great, you've changed the advert but you still haven't got rid of that horrible song!:mad:

Oral B - Yet another excruciatingly bad twee song! :mad:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,484
    Forum Member
    I see they have cut the part of the Robinson's drink ad where one boy is carrying the other boy up the stairs.

They should get rid of the whole ad. It's too creepy.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now,correct me if I'm wrong,but Maynards is a British company,is it not?

They are - but they are owned by Cadbury, who is in turn owned by an American company.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the new wonga ad. Are they trying to tone the puppets down now! These were CGI looking version of the old biddies
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish to nominate the cereal commercial (I can't remember which one off the top of my head) that's a blantant rip-off of the kitchen scene from Jurassic Park.
  • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »

Glad someone else agrees! :D

It truly is f*cking dire.
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I wish to nominate the cereal commercial (I can't remember which one off the top of my head) that's a blatant rip-off of the kitchen scene from Jurassic Park.

Crunchy Nut ... and it's an intentional "rip-off" i.e. a homage, which is the whole point.
  • Simon_Smith3Simon_Smith3 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Not strictly an ad, but the Admiral indents on Dave "Primetime" really get on my bosoms. They make no sense whatsoever.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another candidate - the recent Mullerice advert using Vanilla Ice's plagiarism of Under Pressure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    B&Q - Stop addressing us as 'Britain' you patronising t**ts! :mad:

Agreed, and also file under that programme titles that start with 'Britain's Favourite............'
    or
    'The People's.............'

Who said?
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I wish to nominate the cereal commercial (I can't remember which one off the top of my head) that's a blantant rip-off of the kitchen scene from Jurassic Park.

That is a great advert better than the programmes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Anyone watch PICK TV? The "sky sports living for sports" sponsor makes me want to bang my head against a lamppost! Firstly, I just hate those stupid kids that are shouting out random names of sports- "Archery, basketball, rugby, FOOTBALL!!! (HATE the kid who says football, his shrill voice and enthusiasm makes me want to put duct tape on his mouth)

I mentioned them last year had to be ready with the remote watching any programme on Pick. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are people telling me I have missed the DFS June sale then? :(
This discussion has been closed.