cold caller from Heart Foundation at front door

liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
called @ 8.45pm...WTF????
i am sorry but i don't want or need cold callers @ that time of a day...WHAT ARE THEY THINKING????????

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were they really from the heart foundation?
  • liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes....showed me ID
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If door to door cold calling HAS to be allowed, it should be completely illegal to call after six. But, then, everyone would be out at work, wouldn't they. ;) :rolleyes:
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't there some rules about what time these people are allowed to call? That said I wouldn't be surprised it it was within the time limit.
    I just never answer the door to anyone I don't know.
  • peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were they really from the heart foundation?

the pink and black leotards gave them away
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't there some rules about what time these people are allowed to call? That said I wouldn't be surprised it it was within the time limit.
    I just never answer the door to anyone I don't know.

Door to door cold callers catch me off guard if I'm expecting a delivery or letter. I run to the door thinking it's the post/delivery man. I should spend more time in the front of the house where I can see who comes through the gate, but even then they'd still probably catch me out.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    I have to say something in defence of The Heart Foundation. They put a bag through my letterbox and I filled it because I'd done a wardrobe clear out, I was surprised to find that, after collection, they'd left a card thanking me for my contribution. I've never known any other charity that does this, I'll certainly put more out for them in future.
  • peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I have to say something in defence of The Heart Foundation. They put a bag through my letterbox and I filled it because I'd done a wardrobe clear out, I was surprised to find that, after collection, they'd left a card thanking me for my contribution. I've never known any other charity that does this, I'll certainly put more out for them in future.

that would likely have been jake the snake
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peon wrote: »
    the pink and black leotards gave them away

:D PMSL imagine opening the door to those :eek:
  • liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i said i already supported two charities...and she wanted to know what they where....CHEEKY COW :mad:
    i think she thought i would slip up...but as i do i didn't :)
  • eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a notice you can put on your door which makes it illegal for them to knock, a bit like the telephone preference service. You can download a free copy from the moneyexpert site, they have several styles to choose from and it seems to work so far

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/no-more-junk#coldcallers
  • Ghost MisguidedGhost Misguided Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    If door to door cold calling HAS to be allowed, it should be completely illegal to call after six. But, then, everyone would be out at work, wouldn't they. ;) :rolleyes:

shame that.....better make it illegal to call after 5 (i sometimes finish work at 5)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Most of these people are supposed to be standing in shopping malls and move house to house to try to force people into saying yes.

I would never give my credit card or bank details to anyone on the street or at the door, licensed or otherwise.

You do not have to open the door to them - they will go away - if you do answer a firm no but good luck seems to stop further doorstepping from them,
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I hate them! Also hate the ones who pounce on you the street trying to act all 'wacky' and like your best friend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I live in a tower block so I can ignore anything like that :D
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    liamhere wrote: »
    .WHAT ARE THEY THINKING????????

"I am being paid to cold call... I must do so many cold calls a day... this one adds to my quota... oh they weren't interested... next".
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their free quarterly magazine's quite good, though, for health tips.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liamhere wrote: »
    called @ 8.45pm...WTF????
    i am sorry but i don't want or need cold callers @ that time of a day...WHAT ARE THEY THINKING????????

If it's a cold caller, just put the phone down without even saying anything.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    If it's a cold caller, just put the phone down without even saying anything.

hard to put a phone down on someone if they are standing at your door unless i am misunderstanding the OP's problem:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a notice you can put on your door which makes it illegal for them to knock, a bit like the telephone preference service. You can download a free copy from the moneyexpert site, they have several styles to choose from and it seems to work so far

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/no-more-junk#coldcallers

I have a plastic one from trading standards - It is ignored regularly.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sign on the door saying,

SHIFT WORKER ASLEEP ON SOFA, UNLESS DELIVERING, DO NOT DISTURB.

works every time.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Aren't there some rules about what time these people are allowed to call?
    I was told by a chugger that they could call up to 9pm. No one wants people knocking on their door asking for money at any time of the day, certainly not after tea when they've settled in to watch telly.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    hard to put a phone down on someone if they are standing at your door unless i am misunderstanding the OP's problem:D

Then just tell them that they've woken you up and close the door again if they're a cold caller.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was told by a chugger that they could call up to 9pm. No one wants people knocking on their door asking for money at any time of the day, certainly not after tea when they've settled in to watch telly.

Anyone who does that deserves all the nastiness the poor sod who answers the door is willing to give them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have signs in are lobby and on our levels saying this is a none cold calling block of flats but they still come. Because we are a group of flats we get bods who will cold call every flat up to five times in a day. they just do a sort of circuit and tick off the flats that answer.

I have a peep hole camera in my door, means when the bell goes I just click on the channel on the TV to see what tool is on my door step this week.

Why do people think they must answer their door if someone rings the bell? Why do people think we should answer the door just because theyve rung the bell? Its obvious Im in sometimes as I have music on etc boy oh boy do some get narky when you dont answer .... but then Ive caught on camera one pretending to head butt the neighbor when she told him to go away.