****** The Returned (Youtube Pace) ******

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
EDIT: I had no idea where to put this by the way, since its not a US show...

Just made this thread for anyone who has skipped ahead of channel 4 are watched more episodes on youtube :D

I couldn't wait and started to watch episode 5 today and I need to talk to someone about

Small Episode 5 Spoiler
THERE IS A VILLAGE UNDER THE LAKE!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Someone talk to me about this!!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    EDIT: I had no idea where to put this by the way, since its not a US show...

Just made this thread for anyone who has skipped ahead of channel 4 are watched more episodes on youtube :D

I couldn't wait and started to watch episode 5 today and I need to talk to someone about

Small Episode 5 Spoiler
    THERE IS A VILLAGE UNDER THE LAKE!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Someone talk to me about this!!!!

1) Traditionally shows made outside of the US or US co-productions go in "TV Shows: UK", but it's ambiguous so you're fine.
    2) Yes, when dams are built, reservoirs are created, and quite often the reservoirs will flood settlements. The financial benefits of the hydroelectric power and water supply, far outweigh the cost of relocation, so normally they just relocate nearby settlements. And demolishing the old settlement is kinda pointless since it makes no difference whether it's down there or not, so they wouldn't have bothered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Traditionally shows made outside of the US or US co-productions go in "TV Shows: UK", but it's ambiguous so you're fine.
    2) Yes, when dams are built, reservoirs are created, and quite often the reservoirs will flood settlements. The financial benefits of the hydroelectric power and water supply, far outweigh the cost of relocation, so normally they just relocate nearby settlements. And demolishing the old settlement is kinda pointless since it makes no difference whether it's down there or not, so they wouldn't have bothered.
    I've asked for it to be moved to cult/scifi....

I think the town is going to play a big part in the rest of the series
    Forum Member
    I've asked for it to be moved to cult/scifi....

I think the town is going to play a big part in the rest of the series
    Don't quite know how to respond to that, having seen all the episodes, I could tell you, but I doubt you want to know...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't quite know how to respond to that, having seen all the episodes, I could tell you, but I doubt you want to know...

Hmmm tempting...:D
    We'll see how many I can get through today
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched episode 5 as well last night through other means :D

Did you find it a bit odd when
    Simon came to Adele's house after waiting for her at the bus stop and her and the daughter told him to leave that after Thomas then shot him it didnt seem to bother Adele. I thought she would have run out to see if he was ok
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    I watched episode 5 as well last night through other means :D

Did you find it a bit odd when
    Simon came to Adele's house after waiting for her at the bus stop and her and the daughter told him to leave that after Thomas then shot him it didnt seem to bother Adele. I thought she would have run out to see if he was ok
    Yes I was a bit odd...

I found it more odd when Victor confronted the burglar...Did he make him see his partner or what was that about?? Going to watch episode 6 soon! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End of episode 6 :O
    wondering if they were dead people or people out to hunt the dead?

Also, Who were the two people that hung themselves?
    Forum Member
    End of episode 6 :O
    wondering if they were dead people or people out to hunt the dead?

Also, Who were the two people that hung themselves?

You'll discover that during the next episode, but they are
    the parents of the child that died during the bus crash. Cammile spoke them and told them that their child was waiting for him and they'd see him again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll discover that during the next episode, but they are
    the parents of the child that died during the bus crash. Cammile spoke them and told them that their child was waiting for him and they'd see him again.
    ohhh...so they killed themselves to "see" their boy... makes sense!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Episode 6 last night. Poor Lena. She seems to be going from one disaster to the other :D Will see ever get home?

Her parents dont seem too bothered about her disapearance considering that the last time she was seen see had a massive gash on her back.

Whats with the psychic girl who was shagging Simon? Can she only see dead people when she is shagging somebody :D
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I was a bit odd...

I found it more odd when Victor confronted the burglar...Did he make him see his partner or what was that about?? Going to watch episode 6 soon! :)

I think so - in the same way that he made Julie (and the neighbour, presumably) see Serge. We know Julie tried to stab herself with scissors at that time, and the neighbour stabbed herself. I'm wondering what would have happened to Pierre if the poilcewoman and Julie hadn't shown up.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also has anyone else noticed the age warnings at the beginning of the episodes on youtube (obviously set by the TV channel as they're part of the programme)? Episode 6 - "advised against for under age 10" - I should hope so!!!!!! Seriously though, who would let a kid watch it!?!?!?
    Forum Member
    rachymac wrote: »
    Also has anyone else noticed the age warnings at the beginning of the episodes on youtube (obviously set by the TV channel as they're part of the programme)? Episode 6 - "advised against for under age 10" - I should hope so!!!!!! Seriously though, who would let a kid watch it!?!?!?

It's a legal requirement on French TV, the logo has to stay up all the time, with the accompanying text required to stay up for a couple of minutes as well.

Bear in mind, the French are more liberal with films and TV, it's not uncommon to see films achieve a 15 here and a U in France or an 18 here and a 12 in France. Very rarely will the French restrict anything to adult only, Hostel Part III and A Serbian Film being the only notable examples of recent...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a legal requirement on French TV, the logo has to stay up all the time, with the accompanying text required to stay up for a couple of minutes as well.

Bear in mind, the French are more liberal with films and TV, it's not uncommon to see films achieve a 15 here and a U in France or an 18 here and a 12 in France. Very rarely will the French restrict anything to adult only, Hostel Part III and A Serbian Film being the only notable examples of recent...

10 is SO young though!

Was going to watch episode 7 now, but I don't think I'm awake enough to watch it and 8, and I know if I watch one I'll want to keep going... think I'll leave it til tomorrow!
    Forum Member
    10 is SO young though!

I don't think it is, whilst I probably wouldn't show it to a 12, there's nothing in the series that would be particularly shocking or upsetting to mature 13 year old...

Even the supposed gratuitous graphic assault from the first episode, is probably acceptable at a 12A. It's possible some of the Victor hallucinations might be an issue, and there's one episode with a few more f words than the BBFC would normally pass, but other than that it's probably fine at a 12
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching episode 7 now - anyone else seen it? OMG Pierre is really really creepy!! (and I'm only 10 minutes in)

Won't say more that that though cos dunno if anyone has sen it.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched episode 7 last night. Its getting seriously weird now.
    I think everybody in the village (or at least everbody we have seen) is dead and that they are in purgatory or something. The girl who can see the spirits is the only one who we saw move to the town (when she came by bus). The rest of the people where already living in the village. I think that is why she could see all the shadows of people in the bar near the end of the episode.

The fact that Adele, Laure and Victor kept arriving back at the tunnel was the clincher for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    I watched episode 7 last night. Its getting seriously weird now.
    I think everybody in the village (or at least everbody we have seen) is dead and that they are in purgatory or something. The girl who can see the spirits is the only one who we saw move to the town (when she came by bus). The rest of the people where already living in the village. I think that is why she could see all the shadows of people in the bar near the end of the episode.

The fact that Adele, Laure and Victor kept arriving back at the tunnel was the clincher for me.

I'm starting to think that as well.
    Though I'm guessing those shadowy figures are the same ones Lena saw in the forest. How did she see them?

Also, I want to know what the connection is with Camille, Lena and Frederic. Yes, the twins are supposed to have a connection - I get that. But Camille could feel it when Lena was sleeping with Frederic (when she was on the bus) and when Lena was in the hospital she could feel when Camille and Frederic were getting close (when Frederic put his hand on Camille's arm in the bar.) Yet when Lena had sex with Serge, Camille didn't feel anything. Frederic has to be important somehow... I still think there's more to that comment in the first episode, where Lena said to him (might not be word for word) "How do you know you just can't tell us apart? How do you know I'm not Camille?"

Also (while I'm on spoilers) - what was with Simon eating the strip of skin off his stomach like it was no big deal!? I'm wondering is that the only way the returnees can stop themselves feeling hungry all the time? Would that mean Serge was already a returnee before Toni 'killed' him? (Toni did say something about not realising that Serge couldn't help it). Though then why did it take him so long to come back? Ahhhhh so many questions!!

Right, gonna watch episode 8 now - it had better be good!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To anyone who has seen episode 8:
    Is it just me, or did they not answer a SINGLE question!? They just made it even more confusing than it already was! I know there's a second series, but really - give us SOMETHING!

The wound on Lena's back - not explained. The connections between people (Simon / Thomas, Lena / Camille / Frederic) - not explained. How or why the dead came back - not explained. What's going on with the lake - not explained. Who scary clairvoyant lady really is and what she's doing there - well, maybe slightly explained, but not really. Why the dead are developing wounds - not explained. Why the dead are so hungry all the time - not explained. Whether or not Julie is a returnee - not explained. How Victor can make people see things - not explained. Why Simon committed suicide - not explained.

REALLY PEOPLE!?!?
  • India_RainIndia_Rain Posts: 2,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To anyone who has seen episode 8:
    Is it just me, or did they not answer a SINGLE question!? They just made it even more confusing than it already was! I know there's a second series, but really - give us SOMETHING!

The wound on Lena's back - not explained. The connections between people (Simon / Thomas, Lena / Camille / Frederic) - not explained. How or why the dead came back - not explained. What's going on with the lake - not explained. Who scary clairvoyant lady really is and what she's doing there - well, maybe slightly explained, but not really. Why the dead are developing wounds - not explained. Why the dead are so hungry all the time - not explained. Whether or not Julie is a returnee - not explained. How Victor can make people see things - not explained. Why Simon committed suicide - not explained.

REALLY PEOPLE!?!?

Ah, good - I thought it was just me. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    India_Rain wrote: »
    Ah, good - I thought it was just me. :o

Nope!
    The C4 pace thread on the UK TV shows page is going to go into meltdown the night of the final with people going "WTF WAS THAT!?"

More to add - what's going on with the reservoir - not explained. The dead animal in the bin in Claire's house - not explained. The dead animals in the lake (and what they were running away from) - not explained. Why Pierre is so creepy - not explained. Why Victor was in the road when the bus crashed - not explained. Why nobody can leave the town - not explained. What happened to Serge in the lake - not explained. What's up with dead people appearing and disappearing (such as Serge & Toni's mum) - not explained. THE BUTTERFLY. NOT f****** EXPLAINED!

I'm really angry with the makers, actually. When I finished watching it I was totally "Huh...?" but the more I think about it the more annoyed I get!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi newbie but i felt compelled to join purely and simply because i'm so confused, having watched all the episodes i will give my thoughts/opinions...If i have anything incorrect please feel free to help me understand...i just wanna know:confused:

I'll post this in a spoiler just incase..
    So basically Lucy died in the attack by serge in the subway and came back in the hospital and which points to why her injuries were healing, what i don't understand is why/how Lucy became the leader? I'm guessing all the other people who she was leading was the people who died when the village flooded?

I also don't get why didn't the group take/want serge seen as he was a returned?

As for Julie, Victor and Laure just going around in circles what was that about? Surely Julie/Laure can't be dead if so that would mean everyone is dead and then why did that group only want certain people?

A couple of other points' (I could seriously go on) What was going on with Simon and Camile's skin and why wasn't it happening to Mrs Costa/Serge and Victor to an extent even tho he had some sort of scar on his arm.

And what the heck happened to serge in the water? It was like he got pulled down by something/someone
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I thought I was the only one that did not understood a thing. I feel cheated, I was loving it.
  • didiedidie Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I loved it. It didn't really answer any questions though, but it is so beautifully filmed that I found I didn't really mind.
    Why did Simon kill himself? Why were Serge and his mum left behind in the basement with Toni?

What will Adele's baby be like with dead daddy genes?

I really didn't like Mrs Costa. Her character must have been good fun to play.

I hope Pierre gets his dues in series 2.

I ordered the dvd set which will be released in September.

The website is really good. Has anyone else explored it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished episode 8 :eek:

Was very good but very confusing... I though alot happened very fast though...like the deserted village in ruins and everything?

I'm hoping everyone is back for season 2 and that is not some of the characters end.

Victor, Camille and Mrs Costa have to come back! Mrs Costa was the most undeveloped I feel...just how did she die??

I think it would've been a great cliffhanger if they ended it when everyone inside could hear the attack outside, that part had me holding my breath!

I bet we have to wait till late 2014 for season 2 :(