Remote code for any & every TV

Mr.BMr.B Posts: 980
Forum Member
✭✭
i thought this deserved its own thread

i bought a Hitachi but none of the Hitachi codes worked

then i heard about the "Full cycle technique"

this technique cycles through all the codes programmed into the remote control and could take a long time.

1. First press the <<TV>> key on the remote control, then turn on the TV that you want to operate.

2. Press and hold the <<Select>> and <<Red>> keys simultaneously on the remote control for a minimum of 1.5 seconds, until the LED blinks twice.

3. Press and release the <<TV>> key. (This enables the "step and set" feature.)

4. Aim the remote control at the TV and press the <<On/Off>> key. The TV should turn off (or go to standby).

5. If the TV does not turn off, press and release the <<TV>> key and repeat step 4. When the TV does turn off, got to step 6.

6. Press and release the <<Select>> key to lock in the ID code that operated your TV. The LED will blink twice after pressing Select to indicate that the code was programmed.

first attempt, i went past it :mad:
second attempt i timed the process and went past it again :cry: it took 7 minutes to get to the right place
third attempt i did it :D

so i guess if there could be upto10000 codes then there is probably one for every TV, it just needs a lot of patience!

Comments

• wellfanwellfan Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I had already tried that tip but it does not work for my Hyundai 'Blue H' TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Great, worked a treat for me in a minute. Cheers:D:
  • Mr.BMr.B Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wellfan wrote: »
    I had already tried that tip but it does not work for my Hyundai 'Blue H' TV.

how far did you go before you gave up?
    morleyuk wrote:
    Great, worked a treat for me in a minute. Cheers
    did you do a "blink back" to note the code number down?
    Forum Member
    did you do a "blink back" to note the code number down?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't tell you the with this method.

Just lucky my code must be low:D:
    Forum Member
    Mr.B wrote: »
    how far did you go before you gave up?

did you do a "blink back" to note the code number down?

Gave up after about 20 minutes, my fingers had lost the will to live by then. There is another method that goes through every known code, involves sitting the remote in front of the TV and does not need constant button pressing. I have forgotten how to do it. Anyway, it did not work either. My TV is so new that Sky have not yet loaded the code into their remote control's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky+ Remote "blink back"

1. Press the TV button on the Sky remote
    2. Hold down Select and the Red buttons together for approximately two seconds, until the Red LED on the Sky remote blinks twice.

3. Key in 990 on the remote. Wait until the Red LED blinks twice

4. Press key 1 and count the number of times the Red LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the first digit of the code. Note that a 0 is represented by no blinks when you press the key
    5. Press Key 2 and count the number of times the Red LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the second digit of the code.
    6. Press key 3 count
    7. Press key 4 count

that should give you your 4 digit code
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wellfan wrote: »
    My TV is so new that Sky have not yet loaded the code into their remote control's.

i rang sky and they said they didn't have a code for my TV, i would have to wait
    Forum Member
    i rang sky and they said they didn't have a code for my TV, i would have to wait

Interesting, I'll maybe try again, or better still (I have a cunning plan) I'll get the wife to try. Should keep her occupied for the rest of the evening.
    Forum Member
    Sky+ Remote "blink back"

1. Press the TV button on the Sky remote
    2. Hold down Select and the Red buttons together for approximately two seconds, until the Red LED on the Sky remote blinks twice.

3. Key in 990 on the remote. Wait until the Red LED blinks twice

4. Press key 1 and count the number of times the Red LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the first digit of the code. Note that a 0 is represented by no blinks when you press the key
    5. Press Key 2 and count the number of times the Red LED blinks. The number of blinks will indicate the second digit of the code.
    6. Press key 3 count
    7. Press key 4 count

that should give you your 4 digit code

Doesn't seem to work on a HD remote!