Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    bankgal wrote: »
    Idiots who don't seem to realise that the use of an indicator on a roundabout helps....hey, it's an INDICATION as to where you are going.

Idiots who drive along for MILES with their indicator going as though they are going to pull out and don't.

Idiots who assume the use of an indicator when changing lanes is just one of those things you do when you FEEL LIKE IT.

Idiots who assume that, although they are virtually parallel to you and you have NOWHERE to go, a mere one flick of an indicator gives them the right to cut you up almost creating a 5 car pile up.

Guess what I've been noticing today!!!! :D
    Happens everywhere in my town, what gets me is when they have the audacity to give people dirty looks despite them being at fault.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who over-beep their car horn.

If you've just pulled up outside your friends house and you want to let them know you are outside then one or two friendly little parps is all you need. You don't need to translate the entire text of Don Quixote into Morse code and beep it out for them. You score even more twunt points if you start beeping about five doors before arriving at your target house.

There's no need to bip at all, get out of your car and knock on their door. Next door does a bit of childminding, and the number of bips we get ***every f***ing day*** drives me nuts!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The parking situation in my street and the arguments and stress it causes. It's getting ridiculous.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waking up at a stupidly late time then wanting to go back to sleep after having been up for only half an hour
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    People who fill forms out. I'll stick to filling forms in thanks.

The completely-off-the-scale-in-terms-of-fitting-in-with-standard-road-sign-design, that awful yellow School Bus symbol that crept into our consciousness 30 years ago and is apparently now the accepted sign for that sort of thing.

Americanisms in general actually.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    There's no need to bip at all, get out of your car and knock on their door. Next door does a bit of childminding, and the number of bips we get ***every f***ing day*** drives me nuts!

You mean you want them to WALK to the door??? :eek: Don't be silly.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    People who fill forms out. I'll stick to filling forms in thanks.

The completely-off-the-scale-in-terms-of-fitting-in-with-standard-road-sign-design, that awful yellow School Bus symbol that crept into our consciousness 30 years ago and is apparently now the accepted sign for that sort of thing.

Americanisms in general actually.

Now that you've said that, I'm sure my default would be to 'fill in this form' rather than 'fill this form in'.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babies crying, Mothers with buggies....you can see a theme here.
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Now that you've said that, I'm sure my default would be to 'fill in this form' rather than 'fill this form in'.
    Concur. The point is that we write words in the spaces on the form. Some Americanisms might make a bit of sense but filling out is just tosh. Write words in boxes - fill the boxes in - fill in the form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    Concur. The point is that we write words in the spaces on the form. Some Americanisms might make a bit of sense but filling out is just tosh. Write words in boxes - fill the boxes in - fill in the form.

Agreed. Now I'll be sensitive to this whenever I'm asked to fill in forms! :D This is the birth of a new irritation!
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    People starting a sentence with the word obviously...sorry if this has been mentioned before. Obviously I didnt read the whole thread :)

The word 'obviously' is the most used word in our office, whether something is obvious or not.
    Forum Member
    The keys on my Samsung Galaxy S3. They're too small. Unless my thumbs have got bigger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Acronyms in the workplace that are invented so that people in the know appear smarter than those who don't.

It doesn't work. They just look like a dick.

They have probably spent a great deal of time in meetings to decide such stupidity too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    The keys on my Samsung Galaxy S3. They're too small. Unless my thumbs have got bigger.

I'll piggyback on that with the iPhone keys. I rarely fail to write 'gaga' instead of 'haha'. Every 'x' at the end of text invariably becomes a 'c' or a full stop.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brown envelopes coming in the posy
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People (usually teenage boys) who show the top few inches of their underwear - belts are only a few pounds, so surely you can afford that.

And how did that "fashion" start in the first place?
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tail-gaters. This will NOT make me go any faster and, if anything, I'll go a little bit slower just to annoy you. I also like to touch the brake pedal lightly so that my brake lights come on, making you slam on yours.

Radio phone-in callers that ask radio host how he or she is. Just make your point, will you?
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who over-beep their car horn.

If you've just pulled up outside your friends house and you want to let them know you are outside then one or two friendly little parps is all you need. You don't need to translate the entire text of Don Quixote into Morse code and beep it out for them. You score even more twunt points if you start beeping about five doors before arriving at your target house.

I can't stop laughing at that...but you are correct!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who smash the keys on their keyboard as though each key is responsible for murdering their first born. It's a laptop, not a manual typewriter.

People with particularly loud mouse wheels who insist on noisly "cliiiiiiiiiiicck cliiiiiiiiccck cliiiiiiiccking" from the very top to the bottom of every document they open for the entire working day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tail-gaters. This will NOT make me go any faster and, if anything, I'll go a little bit slower just to annoy you. I also like to touch the brake pedal lightly so that my brake lights come on, making you slam on yours.

Radio phone-in callers that ask radio host how he or she is. Just make your point, will you?

:D

"...I I I errrr... Just wanted to make a couple of points, Dave. errrrrm.....ramble ramble ramble".
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Brown envelopes coming in the posy

And if anything this proves my point about the size of keys on smartphones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing to do with this then? :(

http://images.coplusk.net/project_images/82305/image/full_Foto0467_1297650244.jpg
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they meant envelopes that come through flowers (seeing as "posy" is the name of a flower).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The term "nana nap" irritates me
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opening new bin-bags, I can't do it, even usung the licky finger trick. :(
This discussion has been closed.