Cher Lloyds two songs and album flying up US iTunes!

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
Yesterday:
Oath - 59
Want U Back - 60
Sticks & Stone - 91

Today:
Oath - 46
Want U Back - 38
Sticks & Stone - 31

Wow! She is doing really well!

Comments

• Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has it went up really quickly, is it family members have been buying it as like a xmas present for their children i.e. cher's main appeal is the teen market ?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I noticed this too! Oath has always been hovering around the very bottom of the iTunes (top 100) chart even when she did the X Factor Performance and WUB hasn't been in the charts for ages but the past few days they've both started shooting up the charts! Maybe they're on a US TV advert?
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has it went up really quickly, is it family members have been buying it as like a xmas present for their children i.e. cher's main appeal is the teen market ?

Well i thought that too, but then surely Rihanna, Katy Perry and Kesha would be the ones getting the boost, rather than Cher?

Sticks & Stones is above Rihanna's new album and Kesha's new album on itunes.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed this too! Oath has always been hovering around the very bottom of the iTunes (top 100) chart even when she did the X Factor Performance and WUB hasn't been in the charts for ages but the past few days they've both started shooting up the charts! Maybe they're on a US TV advert?

That's what i was thinking, because they started climbing a few days ago.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    It's a Legend Lloyd christmas, y'all! WUB is coming for that double platinum certification, Oath is thirsting after gold, the album is smashing through that 100k sales barrier.

Put out a Search & Rescue on your faves' careers. Thus far no luck. :(
  • tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christmas iTunes gift card effect.

All the teens are buying Taylor Swift, Bieber, One Direction, etc
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher who?
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Cher who?

Cher Lloyd...

Finished fourth in 2010...

Third ever UK X-Factor export to achieve a top 10 album in the US and have a single go platinum, soon to be double platinum...

Releaser of the iconic Pink Diamond perfume whose sails exceeded predictions by 500%...

The Guardian newspaper's pick for best number 1 of 2011 and the acclaimed Mercury Music Prize...

Third biggest international success in the history of X Factor UK...

It's cute that you're on the X Factor forum and you don't know who she is... premature dementia is so adorable...
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Cher Lloyd...

Third ever UK X-Factor export to achieve a top 10 album in the US and have a single go platinum, soon to be double platinum...

Releaser of the iconic Pink Diamond perfume whose sails exceeded predictions by 500%...

The Guardian newspaper's pick for best number 1 of 2011 and the acclaimed Mercury Music Prize...

It's cute that you're on the X Factor forum and you don't know who she is... premature dementia is so adorable...

and the award for the best comeback goes to :p
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Cher Lloyd...

Your replies are epic.
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your replies are epic.

So is her record deal:D ... I'll get me coat...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'm not a huge fan but she's definitely done well for herself. She and one direction are possibly the most successful X Factor acts.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher Lloyd...

Great reply! lmao he must be speechless, completely owned
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Id ask why but we all know the americans.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oras appeal only lasted for a day
  • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I am pleased for cher that she beginning to make an impact in the US she seems to be working really hard and thats always a good thing
    She was given a rough ride in the UK..and personally i dont think youth excuses everything but neither does her youth and image at the time on the x factor make her a bad person.
    Does that make sense:confused:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan but she's definitely done well for herself. She and one direction are possibly the most successful X Factor acts.

One Direction probably are, but Cher is nowhere near their sales or that of Leona's, she has had one hit so far in the US, so it is to early to say that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    One Direction probably are, but Cher is nowhere near their sales or that of Leona's, she has had one hit so far in the US, so it is to early to say that.

1 - 1D
    2 - Leona
    3 - Cher
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niiice boost :cool:
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vash1221 wrote: »
    Niiice boost :cool:

I suppose this is all Xmas vouchers causing this boost and doubtless it's all a bit short term and will be gone in a few days. After all is said and done WUB is over seven months old and is at 36 now on us itunes and Oath (which has never really flown well) is at 50 even after these boosts as of this afternoon.

That said its a scary insight into the size of the American market and how you can sell some big absolute numbers when you realise were these on UK iTunes right now they'd be 4 and 5 respectively (source digitalsalesdata.com) and combined they are outselling James Arthur's total right now this hour at no 1.

Playing with numbers on one specific afternoon, I know, but it's keeping the bean counters happy I suppose.
  • RyAn_?RyAn_? Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    Cher Lloyd...

BOOM.

Late entry for reply of the year :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher Lloyd...

Behind 1D and one hit wonder Leona Lewis - not much to shout about there.

Album not sold that much either given the market size.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher's laughing all the way :cool:

I wonder if Swagger Jagger would get re-released but in America...;)
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Behind 1D and one hit wonder Leona Lewis - not much to shout about there.

Album not sold that much either given the market size.

Leonas had more than one hit
  • unicornsunicorns Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    She's been played more and more on the radio on my country too. I think it's great. I like her and her music is very catchy! :D