Bruce Forsyth a UK Legend.Please show some respect

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Lovely weather, sunny weekend and now back to this repetitive drivel

I'll admit the profound meaning of this oft repeated 'dream' scenario is totally yours I've no idea what you mean but you may be pleased to know the attempts at browbeating now they do filter through. :)

Hmm..

You said Bruce was "The Master of Light Entertainment."

No wonder I think you're dreaming.
    Come on, that sort of accolade can only cause amusement. But carry on, yours and Terry's blind devotion has to be admired.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Lovely weather, sunny weekend and now back to this repetitive drivel

I'll admit the profound meaning of this oft repeated 'dream' scenario is totally yours I've no idea what you mean but you may be pleased to know the attempts at browbeating now they do filter through. :)
    You think the criticisms are drivel. Many of us think the same about the over-the-top praise.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm..

Come on, that sort of accolade can only cause amusement. But carry on, yours and Terry's blind devotion has to be admired.

There are varied descriptions for Brucie and plenty of condescension about what amuses you. Help yourself. Brucie has entertained for years on stage, tv and more recently at festivals and he may not be to your taste but he is the one in the glare of the lights.

We can do not other than comment on him but you comment on the writer as though it’s they who are flawed. Bizarre nonsense when Festival Goers Delight, Brucie had them pouring out of the tent in their eagerness to watch him. With September far away the talk about Brucie continues to be deafening.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm..

The Master of Light Entertainment, is the perfect title for Sir Bruce.
    Forum Member
    Help yourself. Brucie has entertained for years on stage, tv and more recently at festivals ............
    Well according to QI Mr Forsyth was at the very first Glastonbury Festival - when Jesus and Joseph vsited and planted Joseph's staff to become the Glastonbury thorn.

And in last night's repeat of HIGNFY the birth of the 7 billionth human being on the planet was discussed and you can check on tinternet which number birth you are likely to be out of that 7 billion - Mr Forsyth was reckoned to be number 327.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are varied descriptions for Brucie and plenty of condescension about what amuses you. Help yourself. Brucie has entertained for years on stage, tv and more recently at festivals and he may not be to your taste but he is the one in the glare of the lights.

We can do not other than comment on him but you comment on the writer as though it’s they who are flawed. Bizarre nonsense when Festival Goers Delight, Brucie had them pouring out of the tent in their eagerness to watch him. With September far away the talk about Brucie continues to be deafening.

It has to be, as his fans must probably be mostly deaf.

Having seen some of the rubbish at Glastonbury shown on TV and the crowds reaction to it, they'd cheer at anything. It's much more about "being there" confirmed by a neighbour who goes every year.

Keep up the entertainment!
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    The Master of Light Entertainment, is the perfect title for Sir Bruce.

Brilliant, at last Terry you have begun to see some sense.

Master of Light Entertainment or M O L E for short.

Says it all!

Most people prefer that is out of sight, is notoriously short sighted and not much use to anyone.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, he's admitted he's a SADDO - that's

Song
    And
    Dance-man
    Dithering
    On

and on and on and on, through the decades to come, ad infinitum...:rolleyes::yawn:
  • IlluvatarIlluvatar Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd cheer anything at Glastonbury providing the beer supply doesn't run out and they can get laid easily.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he's admitted he's a SADDO - that's

Song
    And
    Dance-man
    Dithering
    On

and on and on and on, through the decades to come, ad infinitum...:rolleyes::yawn:

That's rather good. Nice work Korky. I'd argue about the dance bit tho' He's one of the worst I've ever seen.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I want to know is how much Brucie his paying his bewildered acolytes to write all this fawning drivel about him?

They don't seem to have anything else to do so it must be a fair rate :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    What I want to know is how much Brucie his paying his bewildered acolytes to write all this fawning drivel about him?

They don't seem to have anything else to do so it must be a fair rate :rolleyes:

Perhaps they are all, (all, just how many can there be?), plumbers. He seems to know rather a lot about them, but I suspect that their 'rates' might be a little painful, even for him.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Well according to QI Mr Forsyth was at the very first Glastonbury Festival - when Jesus and Joseph visited and planted Joseph's staff to become the Glastonbury thorn.

And in last night's repeat of HIGNFY the birth of the 7 billionth human being on the planet was discussed and you can check on tinternet which number birth you are likely to be out of that 7 billion - Mr Forsyth was reckoned to be number 327.

I love it. Janet thanks for posting.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brucie has moved on from the courts and was in the house.

Bruce Dickinson paid tribute to Strictly Come Dancing presenter Bruce Forsyth last night (August 4) as the metal veterans brought the European leg of their Maiden England tour to a close at London's O2 Arena.

The 85-year-old was watching the six-piece's show at the venue the night before (August 3), without the band's knowledge.

As they brought their show to a close for their second night, last night, Dickinson told the crowd: "We had Strictly Come Dancing in the house last night. Bruce Forsyth was here which is absolutely [censored] unbelievable. I wish I'd have known, I would have said: 'Nice to see you, to see you nice'.

:D Brucie fans can be found in the most expected of places.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do actually agree with the thread title. Bruce Forsyth is a legend and I really do believe the initial success of SCD had a lot to do with "Mr Saturday Night Entertainment" presenting the show. However, even legends need to retire eventually and now that Strictly is an established programme and more than able to carry on successfully without him, it's time for him to step back and retire from Strictly.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I do actually agree with the thread title. Bruce Forsyth is a legend and I really do believe the initial success of SCD had a lot to do with "Mr Saturday Night Entertainment" presenting the show. However, even legends need to retire eventually and now that Strictly is an established programme and more than able to carry on successfully without him, it's time for him to step back and retire from Strictly.

Its unfortunate that many choose to conveniently forget this fact, the draw of Sir Bruce the Saturday night Legend of light entertainment without any doubt got Strictly Come Dancing off to a cracking start, and Sir Bruce has been trail blazing ever since with record ratings, Sir Bruce truly is amazing and Strictly Come Dancing has much to thank him for in the past, the present and ongoing into the future as Sir Bruce is at the helm once more for another great series in 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its unfortunate that many choose to conveniently forget this fact, the draw of Sir Bruce the Saturday night Legend of light entertainment without any doubt got Strictly Come Dancing off to a cracking start, and Sir Bruce has been trail blazing ever since with record ratings, Sir Bruce truly is amazing and Strictly Come Dancing has much to thank him for in the past, the present and ongoing into the future as Sir Bruce is at the helm once more for another great series in 2013.

Really, Terry, your obsession with the old has-been is getting rather worrisome. Have you considered a change of medication? Did you get rose-tinted spectacles in some 'Specsavers' special offer by any chance?

The fact that the nexr series will again be spoiled in so many gaps between dances by the unwarranted interference from the octogenarian of is almost enough to ensure that many fans of the show will either switch off or makes sure that their PVR's are in good order so that they can, once again, simply FF between his unwarranted and ill tempered interventions.

I'm sure that a change of your medication will help you see your adored and beneficent idol in a more realistic light; the same grey, cold and unforgiving light that so many of us see whenever he is on-screen.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bruce F may be considered a legend by some people (certainly not all) for his past performances, but the key word there is past.

The success of Strictly has certainly not been in anyway down to Bruce; in fact quite the opposite. It has succeeded despite the fact he has been/still is the presenter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Bruce F may be considered a legend by some people (certainly not all) for his past performances, but the key word there is past.

The success of Strictly has certainly not been in anyway down to Bruce; in fact quite the opposite. It has succeeded despite the fact he has been/still is the presenter.

BiB :D
    Forum Member
    The last three posters have put it very well. I was just going to say "Pass the sick bucket." The adulation really is sooooooooooo OTT.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a TiVO box just to FF the Brucie Boring, Bumbling Bits.
    Forum Member
    I must have eaten something yesterday that didn’t agree with me because I had a very strange dream. I often remember my dreams.

In it I got tickets to a TV show and it turned out to be ‘Strictly’. When I went into the ballroom Mr Forsyth was wearing a gold toga and sitting on a throne, with a man in a skimpy short skirt, holding a large fan on a long handle fanning Mr Forsyth. Mr Forsyth said “I am Fantastic Strictly Forsyth, emperor of all plumbers. I, and I alone, will judge the dancing because I am the one with most expertise and the best dancer in the world. If anyone doesn’t dance the way I do I will have them thrown to the lions. Terry! Lick my patent dancing shoes!” To the audience, “This is Terry my eunuch. I’ve had his tongue cut out because he hasn’t heaped enough praise on me. Good game. Good game.”

At which point I woke up.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,367
    Forum Member
    I must have eaten something yesterday that didn’t agree with me because I had a very strange dream. I often remember my dreams.

In it I got tickets to a TV show and it turned out to be ‘Strictly’. When I went into the ballroom Mr Forsyth was wearing a gold toga and sitting on a throne, with a man in a skimpy short skirt, holding a large fan on a long handle fanning Mr Forsyth. Mr Forsyth said “I am Fantastic Strictly Forsyth, emperor of all plumbers. I, and I alone, will judge the dancing because I am the one with most expertise and the best dancer in the world. If anyone doesn’t dance the way I do I will have them thrown to the lions. Terry! Lick my patent dancing shoes!” To the audience, “This is Terry my eunuch. I’ve had his tongue cut out because he hasn’t heaped enough praise on me. Good game. Good game.”

:D:D:D

Bit of a nightmare there, Janet. The worrying thing is, he actually believes the BIB. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You should get a job writing the 'comedy' bits for the octogenarian plumber - at least we would get a laugh!

Well done.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have visions of the main in a skimpy short skirt being Craig!!!

:D:D:D