Hotmail Access via Pocket PC

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
hI gUYS,

When my iPAQ finaly arrives I would like to recieve my Hotmail E Mail via Pocket Outlook on my HP iPAQ H5550.

Please can someone give me instructions on how I go about setting this up.

Thanks

Craig

Comments

• DNZ711DNZ711 Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I looked into this for my mobile but unless you subscribe to the premium service of hotmail it is impossible* to retrieve using seperate software (even Outlook) without manually logging in to msn.

*Ther may be a hack? :confused:

-DNZ
  • thorvertonianthorvertonian Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yu could always web browse to hotmail.com, there is a pda version they put on for such an occasion
  • Beavis99Beavis99 Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WizUk,

I assume your iPaq will be running Windows Mobile 5, so it will come with PocketMSN that includes hotmail access. Just sign in with your msn login to access their service. I do the same on my Dell Axim.

B
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep my Dell pda has a hotmail / outlook option that allows log in to MSN / Hotmail to check and send messges.... it's a basic cut down version but has the essentials and no adverts!

Obviously you need an internet connection via Wireless or via a phone etc......

Don't forget to look at the built in Bubble Breaker game as it's quite addictive :)
  • ada/\/\ada/\/\ Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    how can it access the internet like that is it like a mobile?
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ada/\/\ wrote:
    how can it access the internet like that is it like a mobile?

I don't do this on mine (I use it's built in Wireless ability when in range of a wireless network)

by using a Bluetooth mobile and a bluetooth enabled PDA, you can dial up an internet connection from your mobile phone.... it's costly and not that quick, in the same dial up way with a PC and modem.
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Beavis99 wrote:
    WizUk,

I assume your iPaq will be running Windows Mobile 5, so it will come with PocketMSN that includes hotmail access. Just sign in with your msn login to access their service. I do the same on my Dell Axim.

B

I am using Windows Mobile 2003
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do this on mine (I use it's built in Wireless ability when in range of a wireless network)

by using a Bluetooth mobile and a bluetooth enabled PDA, you can dial up an internet connection from your mobile phone.... it's costly and not that quick, in the same dial up way with a PC and modem.

Wi-Fi works very well. Try using a non-password protected one somewhere. Works fast for me.