Call Minder text alerts

I am no longer receiving text alerts when I get a Call Minder message. I have not changed my mobile details but my old provider Orange/T Mobile has been taken over by EE and I think there must be a connection. I can get nowhere with BT or EE on this but am desperate to have the issue resolved. Does anyone know where the fault might lie?

Comments

• BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi Ginny,

If you want, feel free to send in your details via the link below and we'll look into this further for you.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Thanks,

Stephanie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Stephanie even if you really do work for BT I can see no reason to fill out your form as I have given up trying to get help from BT. I have raised the issue several times over the past month and each time I have been fobbed off and been told the fault was fixed when it wasn't. I have also been lied to by several call centre staff members who promise to investigate and call me back but never do so. I have been told various things by some staff members and then find on subsequent calls that there is no log of the calls made or the things that have been told to me. BT ranks number one for atrocious customer service.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginny wrote: »
    Stephanie even if you really do work for BT I can see no reason to fill out your form as I have given up trying to get help from BT. I have raised the issue several times over the past month and each time I have been fobbed off and been told the fault was fixed when it wasn't. I have also been lied to by several call centre staff members who promise to investigate and call me back but never do so. I have been told various things by some staff members and then find on subsequent calls that there is no log of the calls made or the things that have been told to me. BT ranks number one for atrocious customer service.

You ask for assistance, they offer assistance (the fact it says BT Supoport instead of Forum Member under their user name tells you they have been verified by Digital Spy) and you seem to want to decline the offer of assistance.

If it isn't working properly and you are doing everything correctly then only BT will be able to resolve it.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree , Someone from BT offers to help and you reject their offer of help ? strange
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    If I thought it would be a new route into genuine assistance of course I would take it, but it just offers a link into the normal BT fault reporting system. As I said this has repeatedly got me nowhere and I have wasted far too many hours talking to the call centre people in India or waiting for their call backs which never come. It drives you demented. I would love to be able to talk to a nice 'Stephanie' who understood the problem, could discuss it in plain English, could forward the issue onto a relevant engineer and who could communicate genuine progress and not tell lies, but sadly this link does not offer that.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I thought it would be a new route into genuine assistance of course I would take it, but it just offers a link into the normal BT fault reporting system.

No it doesn't, it takes you to a screen asking you to enter some details so that they can look into things for you. It doesn't go to the fault reporting page at all.
    I would love to be able to talk to a nice 'Stephanie' who understood the problem, could discuss it in plain English, could forward the issue onto a relevant engineer and who could communicate genuine progress and not tell lies, but sadly this link does not offer that.

It certainly won't get you anywhere if you refuse to accept the offer of assistance.

A quick question for you Ginny, how do you expect to resolve this issue if you are unwilling to get in contact with BT? You are as well just cancelling your Call Minder.