Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Comments

• Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    David Soul of 'Starsky & Hutch'.

My parents attended a private function in London during the early 80s and David shared the same table with them. My parents weren't impressed with his surly attitude - not only was he rude towards them but to other fellow guests as well.
    rionia wrote: »
    Yes, I met him once at an aftershow event for Mack and Mabel which he was in at the time, in London (organised by a threatre group).

I mentioned that some friends of mine had recently met a friend of his (they'd had lunch with Paul Michael Glaser regarding Glasers charity) . His response was to snap "I haven't got any friends"
    That i can believe. He was on my flight back from Berlin in December kicking off at check-in about the executive lounge and how 'This isn't acceptable!' etc. He looked a physical wreck too and was in a wheelchair

Oh well, I still find Don't Give Up On Us, Baby, and Silver Lady, nice romantic songs.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well, I still find Don't Give Up On Us, Baby, and Silver Lady, nice romantic songs.

He's been on the 1977/1978 editions of Top of the Pops quite a bit and I always think of this thread when I hear his songs
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by pete137 View Post
    Sarah Millican.
    What has she done?

I often ask myself the same question! :D
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lector wrote: »
    Someone earlier in the thread asked about Tony Robinson. I was lucky enough a few years ago to be on site for a time team dig in Somerset. Everyone, including Tony couldn't have been nicer :)

That was me - thank you! Glad to hear it. Funnily enough I saw your reply at the very moment Tony is onscreen in Mrs Caldicott's Cabbage War! He's always struck me as a really intelligent man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Tony Robinson did some appearances a few times for the charity my sister used to work for about 10 years ago. She said he was one of the nicest guys she had ever met and incredibly sweet with all the fans. Everyone loved him by all accounts.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vemsie wrote: »
    Tony Robinson did some appearances a few times for the charity my sister used to work for about 10 years ago. She said he was one of the nicest guys she had ever met and incredibly sweet with all the fans. Everyone loved him by all accounts.

Great to know. :D
  • lectorlector Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vemsie wrote: »

Glad it wasn't just my charm that put him at ease ;)
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That i can believe. He was on my flight back from Berlin in December kicking off at check-in about the executive lounge and how 'This isn't acceptable!' etc. He looked a physical wreck too and was in a wheelchair

Over the years, have heard one or two things to suggest Soul's not particularly pleasant.
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda Holden came into my workplace.. and was an absolute bitch.

Also have a friend who works on This Morning and says Holly Willoughby is horrible too.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What did she do?
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Near where I live in Brighton they made a 'Walk of Fame' with paving stones for celebs supposedly having some connection with the city (eg they might have visited once.) Complete failure and waste of time.

They had an opening party for the 'celebs' in a marquee one evening, Leo Sayer was singing, yes it was that good. I remember Damon Hill arriving, there we a few female fans waiting for him with autograph books near the roped-off red carpet entrance. Watching from a distance we saw him walk past them into the marquee, not stopping to chat or sign any autographs and we thought 'what a tosser.'

Ten minutes later he came out, ducked under the rope and signed autographs and spent ages with his fans. We thought 'what a good bloke.'

Years ago I shared a sauna with Cliff Richard (tennis club not gay club!) and had a conversation about contact lenses. Perfectly nice bloke. Brucie used to go there too, he always went home in his tennis kit, never having a shower, presumably couldn't risk getting his syrup wet. Trevor McDonald played there too, he always turned up in a chauffeur driven Rolls and made his driver wait in the car in the car park.

Was quite shocked when I started reading this! then I read the 'Ten minutes later......' bit and felt quite relieved!!

I've met Damon Hill on several occasions and he's a true gentleman, lovely guy.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only met Damon once, but he's one of my heroes. Was really nervous, but he was lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I remember reading in the newspapers in the 80s that Mel Smith told Annie Lennox to eff-off when she went up to him to say "hi". His excuse was he didn't recognise her and thought she was "just a fan". Like that makes it ok!?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twinkletto wrote: »
    I remember reading in the newspapers in the 80s that Mel Smith told Annie Lennox to eff-off when she went up to him to say "hi". His excuse was he didn't recognise her and thought she was "just a fan". Like that makes it ok!?!

He still sounds like a scumbag either way
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also have a friend who works on This Morning and says Holly Willoughby is horrible too.

I'd love to know someone who works on This Morning. I bet they can tell some tales about what it's like behind the scenes and what different guests are like. :D
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    He still sounds like a scumbag either way

Interesting to see celebs can insult their own too!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know someone who works on This Morning. I bet they can tell some tales about what it's like behind the scenes and what different guests are like. :D

TBH I think the overly nice personalities Phil and Holly portray are false. I really can't abide this false, mindless show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    TBH I think the overly nice personalities Phil and Holly portray are false. I really can't abide this false, mindless show.

I totally agree. Holly seems a very insincere, patronising type and Phillip Schofield comes across as a very self-important, smug individual. How anyone can watch this sickly sweet pair for hours a day, it's beyond me :confused:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree. Holly seems a very insincere, patronising type and Phillip Schofield comes across as a very self-important, smug individual. How anyone can watch this sickly sweet pair for hours a day, it's beyond me :confused:

Much, much prefer Ruth and Eamonn on TM. He can be a bit of a crusty, sarcy so-and-so but he's a teddy bear underneath. Ruth has the measure of him and I love her dry wit.

Like you say, Phil and Holly are a bit icky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over a million people still sit through this mindnumbing trash. As soon as I hear that cheesy music and see the grinning berks start yapping about such riveting topics as last night's Corrie, or Katie Price being drunk, I switch over.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member

i have always thought holly is a complete bitch behind the sugary sweet facade
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

Hate Amanda Holden SO much.

Not a fan of Willoughby anymore too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

False rubbish that has lasted too long. However, I did hear Lorraine Kelly is a pleasant enough person in real life.
  • TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    AidanLunn wrote: »
    James Bolam is a miserable, selfish arse, IIRC.

Not talked to Rodney Bewes since the 70s, IIRC and blocking any repeats of The Likely Lads.

Total opposite of his Likely Lads character - hates Newcastle and not spoken to Bewes since he revealed to the press that James' wife was pregnant.

Forgiveable seeing as he's a mackem ;)
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only met Damon once, but he's one of my heroes. Was really nervous, but he was lovely.

Paul Kaye when was interviewed when he still being Denis Penis and he said that Damon Hill was probably the only celeb he liked.