✭✭
    Source?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Front page of tomorrow's tabloid.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it wouldn't be entirely surprising if true. The hype is strong. But a link here would be useful. Or even *which* tabloid...
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Link?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    The front page of tomorrow's Sun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm. I only see something about the smile of evil Baby P's mum there...?
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I've just seen it it wouldn't surprise me tbh
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Erm. I only see something about the smile of evil Baby P's mum there...?

Try this one:

http://tomorrowspaperstoday.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »

Wow, talk about pimping!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, talk about pimping!

I disagree. It's the first year that the hype Sam B is getting has been made by her performances, and not the producers - as it failed for Tamera.

It's not pimping if this comes out either, as people could assume she is safe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. It's the first year that the hype Sam B is getting has been made by her performances, and not the producers - as it failed for Tamera.

They're telling people to keep on voting at the bottom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're telling people to keep on voting at the bottom.

Yeah, for charity. Not because of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, for charity. Not because of her.

It's underneath a big picture of her declaring her triumphant. The clear implication is 'keep voting for her'. It's essentially the same sort of tactic they've used to try influence their readers to vote for Cameron etc.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher Maloney and Eoghan Quigg topped the votes consistently in their series, but they didn't win.

As late as Week 7, Eoghan was pulling 31% of the votes, and Christopher topped the vote every week from 1 to 7. Sam is not guaranteed a win as The Sun are suggesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's underneath a big picture of her declaring her triumphant. The clear implication is 'keep voting for her'. It's essentially the same sort of tactic they've used to try influence their readers to vote for Cameron etc.

So, a front page that can make people think she is being pimped and people being told to vote her is good publicity? Surely the chance of a backlash would clearly show it's not pimping?
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Christopher Maloney and Eoghan Quigg topped the votes consistently in their series, but they didn't win.

As late as Week 7, Eoghan was pulling 31% of the votes, and Christopher topped the vote every week from 1 to 7. Sam is not guaranteed a win as The Sun are suggesting.

Difference was, neither of them were the best vocally. Sam B is. And, they weren't topping the vote based on their performances in the show, Sam B is.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could even be a desperate attempt by the producers to sabotage her.....perhaps they are the source of the story.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    The Sun claiming she's unbeatable...

This could all be a controlled press leak to make her fans complacent and leverage one of the more marketable acts into the lead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This could all be a controlled press leak to make her fans complacent and leverage one of the more marketable acts into the lead.

It almost certainly will be. I doubt it will work as Tamera and Hannah have been bottom 2. Sam C will be gone soon. Which leaves RC, Nicholas and Sam B.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    It almost certainly will be. I doubt it will work as Tamera and Hannah have been bottom 2. Sam C will be gone soon. Which leaves RC, Nicholas and Sam B.

The only one who has a hope is Nicholas, and he's even less suited to selling chart topping records than she is.

Rough Copy will come second or third but I think they're likely to be the ones who release the most commercially successful music at the end of it.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely : there's no way they want Sam to win and would try every dirty trick in the book to stop her.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    This could go against Sam people might think she is safe and not vote for her .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    I tend to take stuff The Sun says with a pinch of salt, but I hope this is true. Sam B can actually sing, unlike to many of the joke acts that appear on this show.

Not even watching this shitty show anymore, but if Sam B won, I'd be happy about that.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    I think she may have got it 1/2 weeks
    Certainly not all of them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact there has been a leak proves the show doesn't want her to win there is never a voting leak if the right act in the eyes of the producers are in the lead.