EE where is this lexi storyline going?

monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
Forum Member
right we all know lola will get lexi back but how and when? is it going to be dragged out for months? it seems like its being really slow for some reason. theres hardly a lot of development being done. all we get is phil being shouty at lola and now lola will probably think sharon wont be around to help which means phil will be more controlling etc :confused:

we dont even know phils true motives

Comments

• dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I am actually past caring now. Like any big storylines in EE nowadays it is just dragged on and on and on until you have had enough and don't give a toss anymore. And like you say there has been no development whatsoever. Just the same repetitive scenes of Phil and Lola having the same conversation. Or Lola turning up ten minutes late with Lexi everytime she takes her out and Phil going into one.
  • Danny_SmithDanny_Smith Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I don't know and to be honest don't care, I hate this storyline and I will be glad for when its over :mad:

Also I think Sharon was brought back for this storyline only. :rolleyes:
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    the only development was phils proposal scene with sharon. showing some insight but dont even know if that was genuine :confused:

i take it lola will get lexi back before the sharon/jack wedding?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously this is speculation, but maybe Phil, being heartbroken over the fact that Shazza's with Jack, realises he can't care for Lexi alone and has her put back into Lola's care?
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Obviously this is speculation, but maybe Phil, being heartbroken over the fact that Shazza's with Jack, realises he can't care for Lexi alone and has her put back into Lola's care?

so he would only do that on the basis of not getting sharon :confused: lexi is ben's son he wouldnt let her go that easily and it would be a total let down. i want him to do a runner
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Heaven knows. But I wish they'd end it and get Lola away from these dire scenes with Phil and Sharon. I really liked her with Billy, Jay and Abi but she's being ruined.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so he would only do that on the basis of not getting sharon :confused: lexi is ben's son he wouldnt let her go that easily and it would be a total let down. i want him to do a runner

Come on Mona, this is Phil Mitchell, he won't do a runner :p

Phil as a single parent...it just doesn't work in his favour. I do think he loves Sharon but yes, I think that there was some sense of security knowing she'd be there to help him raise Lexi, because he'd be scared of screwing up again.

Overall, however, I just can't bring myself to care about what happens :D
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Come on Mona, this is Phil Mitchell, he won't do a runner :p

Phil as a single parent...it just doesn't work in his favour. I do think he loves Sharon but yes, I think that there was some sense of security knowing she'd be there to help him raise Lexi, because he'd be scared of screwing up again.

why not? if he's scared of loosing lexi he would do a runner. i think he would put up a fight to keep lexi.

shouting infront of sharon isnt helping
    Forum Member
    bump:)
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno but Lexi has same coat as my baby daughter.:D
    Totally irrelevant I know.:o
  • ScouseBirdScouseBird Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is this storyline going?

ITS GOING TO DRAG :mad:
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Right, here's my prediction: Lola will move in with Phil and Lexi. Cue the inevitable hilarious scenes of Phil and Lola rubbing each other up the wrong way. Jay moves in with Billy. When Lola and Phil are finished with the comedy odd-couple routine, she'll move out and take Lexi back to Billy's. Jay will move back in with Phil.
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Right, here's my prediction: Lola will move in with Phil and Lexi. Cue the inevitable hilarious scenes of Phil and Lola rubbing each other up the wrong way. Jay moves in with Billy. When Lola and Phil are finished with the comedy odd-couple routine, she'll move out and take Lexi back to Billy's. Jay will move back in with Phil.

:confused: that would be a bit boring wouldnt it?
  • emo85emo85 Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    right we all know lola will get lexi back but how and when? is it going to be dragged out for months? it seems like its being really slow for some reason. theres hardly a lot of development being done. all we get is phil being shouty at lola and now lola will probably think sharon wont be around to help which means phil will be more controlling etc :confused:

we dont even know phils true motives

Sometimes I truly believe that writers, producers, etc., make up storylines as they go along. It's frustrating.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    :confused: that would be a bit boring wouldnt it?

Yes, yes it would.
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Yes, yes it would.

lol regarding our pms i want phil to do a runner and for lola to ask shirley for help and she'll find him possibly getting lexi back. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes I think it will drag on for a while longer but i do agree lexi needs her mum .
  • kessukikessuki Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    if only shirley was more involved in this storyline rather than sitting in the pub having a drink and gossip with mo harris, i'd give it some interest.

to be honest i'm not sure how this will play out as long as the conclusion is lola gets full care of lexi once again. it's gradually becoming repetitive and ear-aching to hear phil lecture lola on her parenting almost every episode.
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    In the now standard Eastenders tradition, it will drag on, and then be resovled with Lola getting Lexi back without any drama.

However I would prefer Lola to get increasingly less time with her daughter. Have her talk to Shirley who agrees that the only way to get Lexi back is to kidnap her. So Shirley and Lola kidnap Lexi and then Lola goes on the run with Lexi - unaware that the court were giving her Lexi back the following week. This gives Lola the chance of returning after a few weeks and the storyline quietly going away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    In the now standard Eastenders tradition, it will drag on, and then be resovled with Lola getting Lexi back without any drama.

However I would prefer Lola to get increasingly less time with her daughter. Have her talk to Shirley who agrees that the only way to get Lexi back is to kidnap her. So Shirley and Lola kidnap Lexi and then Lola goes on the run with Lexi - unaware that the court were giving her Lexi back the following week. This gives Lola the chance of returning after a few weeks and the storyline quietly going away.

That wouldn't be too bad.
  • .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »

but it wouldnt go away, she would have kidnapped the baby, the courts wouldnt give her back.

i also dopnt understand phil shouting at lola when he was just keeping the child in the garage whilst he was working.

i wish ee would do some decent storylines again.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Anyone who thinks Shirley can make any difference is wrong.....well actually there is one sure fire to guarantee Lola gets Lexi back. And Shirley is not prepared to do that. She can make the odd dig but she is not part of this storyline even Cora has more to do with this then she does. In fact there is many characters who have more to do with this than Shirley. Lola, Phil, Sharon, Billy, Jay, Cora, Jack, Abi are all more involved then Shirley.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it too unbelievable, I don't believe that Phil would be allowed to arrange the christening or change Lexis surname. I'm sure he wouldn't have got custody in the first place and I thought that it was only temporary custody he got anyway (giving him even less chance of being allowed to sort out the christening). Why is no social working visiting Phil and are they not supposed to review the case regularly?
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it too unbelievable, I don't believe that Phil would be allowed to arrange the christening or change Lexis surname. I'm sure he wouldn't have got custody in the first place and I thought that it was only temporary custody he got anyway (giving him even less chance of being allowed to sort out the christening). Why is no social working visiting Phil and are they not supposed to review the case regularly?

Yesterday was a proof in point that this storyline has been done very poorly. Lola was supposed to bring her back to Phil who was working at the garage, he took the pushchair into the garage as if he was going to carry on working whilst minding the baby! As if he would be allowed to do that if the social worker turned up, yet Lola does the smallest little thing like rub some oil into Lexy and she gets a rash and suddenly she is the worst mother in living memory.

I'm getting very bored of this constant downgrading of characters and making Phil out to be so superior who never gets into trouble, always avoids situations that others find themselves in, and of course his money buys him power over people time and again. In reality she wouldn't have had Lexi taken off her, Phil would never have been given custody and that is just one small part of an ever growing problem with the show now. Its terribly written and researched and so long as it wins the xmas day ratings that seems to be enough to keep TPTB and the die hard fans happy. Unless things pick up over the first quarter of this year I will turn off for good and I suspect so will millions of others.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    I too cannot wait for this storyline to be over, it broke my heart when they took Lexi away and the way Phil shouts and speaks to Lola is disgusting, he only had 3 months custody initially (or did I dream that?) so it must be coming up to that now.

maybe that is how they manage the annual McFadden exit, the judge gives Lola custody back and he can't handle it and goes off to the Mitchell bolthole in portugal.