Screaming child next door :(

13»

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    Because the chances are they are NOT being abused. Social services are like dogs with a bone and EVEN if a child isn't being neglected or abused THEY will make the parents life hell.

I know of a couple who were wrongly accused of neglect by this hitler of a social worker. Thankfully she isn't one (a social worker) anymore and thank god families now AREN'T being accused by her!

Turns out this child had Autism but the parents went thru sheer hell coz of that old hag. If I was them I would have sued the arses of SS.

Wading in with both feet could cause a situation similar to what I've just described. That's why ppl SHOULD NOT interfere.

Everyone has autism. Autism is evolutionary and a very ancient tool. It has its roots when people were more solitary in their environment.

It is the case of how autism is managed and monitored. Sometimes, it is neglect if parents do not effectively do so.

If anything odd is happening, it should be reported in case the person becomes violent or abusive. i know plenty of autistic people and they can throw rocks at innocent passerbys or indecently touch people up in the supermarket.

Facebook is another site for closely monitoring the mental health of people but so few people act on what people post and then you end up with a suicide or murder case which could have been preventable.
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are degrees of crying/screaming. Babies and children cry an awful lot without it being a problem. However, if you are genuinely worried then a call to Social Care, Children's Services is warranted. Social Workers are trained to recognise child abuse and a chat with a Social Worker might be all that's needed. Social Workers also record referrals made and if there's more than one made on a child, this can set alarm bells ringing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has autism. Autism is evolutionary and a very ancient tool. It has its roots when people were more solitary in their environment.

It is the case of how autism is managed and monitored. Sometimes, it is neglect if parents do not effectively do so.

If anything odd is happening, it should be reported in case the person becomes violent or abusive. i know plenty of autistic people and they can throw rocks at innocent passerbys or indecently touch people up in the supermarket.

Facebook is another site for closely monitoring the mental health of people but so few people act on what people post and then you end up with a suicide or murder case which could have been preventable.

I know a lot of people think we all have autism, but it's not true and it's pretty insulting to anyone who does have it. We can all read through the autistic traits and think, oh yes that's me, but actually having autism is something completely different.
  • g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4smiffy wrote: »
    I know a lot of people think we all have autism, but it's not true and it's pretty insulting to anyone who does have it. We can all read through the autistic traits and think, oh yes that's me, but actually having autism is something completely different.

4 Smiffy this person is an expert :rolleyes: on kids AND autism http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64647869#post64647869

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64648557#post64648557

I responded to them, myself and most of my family having autism. Wouldn't waste breathe/time whatever, they have decided they understand autism. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    There are degrees of crying/screaming. Babies and children cry an awful lot without it being a problem. However, if you are genuinely worried then a call to Social Care, Children's Services is warranted. Social Workers are trained to recognise child abuse and a chat with a Social Worker might be all that's needed. Social Workers also record referrals made and if there's more than one made on a child, this can set alarm bells ringing.

thing is though, the op's not concered about the child. She's concerned about her quality of sleep.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Rita6 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your advice, just knowing someone else knows what I'm going through and that I'm not trying to be unreasonable I just want to sleep helps!

Ill try dropping something into conversation next time I see them.

For what it's worth, I can't offer any help but I can share your pain. The woman next door shares her 3 year old every week for a few nights and it's screaming all night long from about 2:00pm. It's hideous and I have nothing I can do but sleep downstairs where there's a passage between the bedroom and mine and it's quiet.

It's far from ideal, but I do feel better for it.

I hope it ends for you soon as sleepless nights are just the worst :(
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never heard of so much rubbish in my life. Now, you're just being a WUM and not a very good one at that...:rolleyes:
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my neighbours little boy is autistic, hes only a baby and he is so full of life he s like a little ray of sunshine..

he does bang on the walls though and is very attracted to my VW badge..

i wouldnt dream of complaining about the noise, mind you i am friendly with my neighbours
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my neighbours little boy is autistic, hes only a baby and he is so full of life he s like a little ray of sunshine..

he does bang on the walls though and is very attracted to my VW badge..

i wouldnt dream of complaining about the noise, mind you i am friendly with my neighbours

In my experience Autistic children are lovely, friendly and kind so I'm not surprised to hear you say that about him.Bless his heart being attracted to your badge. Sweet!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    thing is though, the op's not concered about the child. She's concerned about her quality of sleep.

Really? Oh you clever thing for pointing that out.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    If anyone had knocked on my door offering their expertise when my daughter was going through that stage, well frankly I would have told them to go **** themselves.

I feel for you OP, there's nothing worse than sleep deprivation, but moving your place of sleep and earplugs is about all you can do. I'm sure these parents are at their wits end, so please don't offer any advice, they have probably tried it all. All you can do is hope that they have a go at controlled crying.
    Forum Member

I'm sorry but I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so rude. The op is not worried about the child, or at least does not appear to be. She is concerned about her sleep, and I can understand that, especially if she's in pain with her wrists, but people were giving advice about what she should do if she was concerned for the child safety or health, which she's not. Quite why you needed to respond in such a bitchy way I don't know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by 4smiffy
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so rude. The op is not worried about the child, or at least does not appear to be. She is concerned about her sleep, and I can understand that, especially if she's in pain with her wrists, but people were giving advice about what she should do if she was concerned for the child safety or health, which she's not. Quite why you needed to respond in such a bitchy way I don't know.

I posted in response to those who were advocating telephoning Social Services. I felt my post was reasoned and helpful in the circumstances. There was really no need for you to point out what the OP was concerned about originally, as their post was there for all to see.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, since the OP de-reg'd her account after just one day suggests she won't actually be listening to any advice, serious or otherwise.
    Forum Member
    I posted in response to those who were advocating telephoning Social Services. I felt my post was reasoned and helpful in the circumstances. There was really no need for you to point out what the OP was concerned about originally, as their post was there for all to see.

I didn't say otherwise, I was just highlighting that all conversation about the welfare of the child was irrelevant, at no point did I specify you as a target.

but regardless your attitude towards me was terrible, there is no need to be so nasty just because you think your opinions are superior to mine.

Back to th op - I'd still same at plugs are the best bet, or perhaps some music or soothing sounds to relax a bit
    Forum Member
    Anyway, since the OP de-reg'd her account after just one day suggests she won't actually be listening to any advice, serious or otherwise.

Lol. Obviously wasn't cut out for ds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I'm so torn on this one - children scream from teething to a million other reasons - you are the only person who can differentiate between huge annoyance and genuine worry that the child is in distress .

Clearly, the best way is to get to know the parents - but there may be a million reasons from shyness to self-sufficiency that makes that impossible.

If you are genuinely worried for the child - then phone social services and explain your reticence.

You may well feel like a rat when all proves to be fine - but could you live with an alternative ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say otherwise, I was just highlighting that all conversation about the welfare of the child was irrelevant, at no point did I specify you as a target.

but regardless your attitude towards me was terrible, there is no need to be so nasty just because you think your opinions are superior to mine.

Back to th op - I'd still same at plugs are the best bet, or perhaps some music or soothing sounds to relax a bit

You're hilarious, talk about exaggerating! My post wasn't terrible, I wasn't nasty and I never said my opinions are superior to yours. :) Oh and I've just looked back and you quoted my post before adding your helpful comment, so you did specify me.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come at this from both sides of the fence and can really relate. In an earlier post I suggested the OP try sleeping downstairs, as it might be the only way to buy her enough distance to catch up on sleep. My partner and I went through hell to the point of crying, rocking, and hallucinating through lack of sleep when my son, who happens to have autism was young. He screamed and rarely slept for more than 3 hours a night until he was 6. In all the challenges we faced, the endless lack of sleep had the most profound affect on us and our health. Now 21 and doing brilliantly, training to be a chef - he still needs hardly any sleep! :D(slap on head smiley)
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita6 wrote: »
    Iv had to sleep with the TV on go drown out the noise but then I worry that she can hear it and it may wake her when she nods off, kind of going in circles. I'm just frustrated and wanted opinions of someone who's been in this situation. I didn't want to bring up the sound proofing idea but someone mentioned it to me and in a moment of desperation I thought I'd find out what other people thought. What I meant is that why post on here something completely unhelpful to try and make me feel even worse than I already do, all I want is help which I didn't see anything wrong with.

To those of you who have sympathised with me I really appreciate it, we all know a lack of sleep (not to mention my broken wrists) can do to us :) I'm off to buy some wax ear plugs in the morning!

Hopefully the child is just anxious and unsettled in a new home/room. If so - this should settle soon. Fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    Hopefully the child is just anxious and unsettled in a new home/room. If so - this should settle soon. Fingers crossed.

The Op has gone!