Adding Non Freesat Channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
Hi all,

Purchased a Bush HD Freesat box last week. Was looking though the menus and there is an option to add non freesat channels. When I enter the menu there is loads of information that needs entering, mainly numbers which don't particualy mean anything to myself.

Am i able to add any other channels? if so where is the best place to find the information that is needed? I know this has probably been asked before but all advice much appreciated.

:confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this, I will have a look when I get out of the office, bloody firewall won't let me through to it. Thanks again. Dave.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Davey. Don't be scared, there's nowt to it. All you need to enter is the frequency in MHz, the polarisation (H or V) and the symbol rate, which is almost always 27500.
    Then move the cursor down to where it says 'stopped' and press the right> arrow. It will scan and store anything it finds in channel numbers 3000 upwards.
    Don't forget to enable 'show non-freesat services'.
    You can delete the ones you don't want later.

At the moment some channels seem to escape the search, but this may be because they have an 'encrypted' flag up (even though they are not) or there is something a little non-standard about their signals.

I've now got LUXE, LUXE HD, SKY News, The Audi Channel and Channel M, Pulse and World Movies. I've deleted the dross, and there's plenty of it!
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Hello Davey. Don't be scared, there's nowt to it. All you need to enter is the frequency in MHz, the polarisation (H or V) and the symbol rate, which is almost always 27500.
    Then move the cursor down to where it says 'stopped' and press the right> arrow. It will scan and store anything it finds in channel numbers 3000 upwards.
    Don't forget to enable 'show non-freesat services'.
    You can delete the ones you don't want later.

At the moment some channels seem to escape the search, but this may be because they have an 'encrypted' flag up (even though they are not) or there is something a little non-standard about their signals.

I've now got LUXE, LUXE HD, SKY News, The Audi Channel and Channel M, Pulse and World Movies. I've deleted the dross, and there's plenty of it!

It amazing the amount off fta channels there are like you said about the dross quite a bit off it.;)
    Yes you can save the ones you want and delete the rest thats what we have done so we now tend to watch non freesat mode more than freesat itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    is there an option on the foxsat hd box aswell??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grantyr wrote: »

The foxsat had the option already on when the foxsat first came out bush,alba and the other followed after.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grantyr wrote: »

My site details how to do it: http://foxsat.wikispaces.com/Non-Freesat+channels
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    son_t wrote: »

Nice site dude.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    son_t wrote: »

nice one will try later
  • HowardHoward Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Do you get Sky 3, Sky Sports News, Dave and Virgin 1?

Thanks
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Howard wrote: »
    Do you get Sky 3, Sky Sports News, Dave and Virgin 1?

Thanks

None are on the BBC/ITV version of freesat, all four are free on Freeview and Sky 3 is free on FreesatfromSky. To get the most from free UK TV you need both Freeview and freesat (either Sky's or BBC/ITV version)