Björk Appreciation Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello and welcome! I checked to make sure there wasn't already an AT for Björk and didn't see one! She DEFINITELY deserves one! Has everyone heard Crystalline? What are your thoughts? :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't love Crystalline as much as singles from her previous albums but it's very BJÖRK!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Crystalline! it is so different.

I much prefer Virus though which is on DS right now if you have not checked it out yet!

Will be my first Bjork album in 10 years :cool: but i love the sounds for this album! VERY Bjork she is needed in Pop Right now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Crystalline! it is so different.

I much prefer Virus though which is on DS right now if you have not checked it out yet!

Will be my first Bjork album in 10 years :cool: but i love the sounds for this album! VERY Bjork she is needed in Pop Right now!

Have you heard Volta?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard some songs from Volta but it feels very UNBjork in places....i havent got that album at all ....yet :D How would you rank it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard some songs from Volta but it feels very UNBjork in places....i havent got that album at all ....yet :D How would you rank it :)

Well truth be told I haven't heard all of it quite yet either! Absolutely love Earth Intruders. One of my favourites.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great! I love Bjork at least her older stuff. I really like Crystalline and Virus. They are a little more accessible although still eccentric.
    I went off of her around the time of Medulla which I don't care for it all.
    I listened to Volta, but I wasn't too crazy about that either. It had some good ideas but the songs seemed sort of unfinished.
    But pop definitely needs someone eccentric and unique like her. I just hope she can reign some of her more self indulgent instincts and realize that you can still be groundbreaking while writing pop melodies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I love her too.'Bachelorette' is my all time favorite Bjork song and video.I just love it.So amazing and so...Bjork, I guess.

I loved 'Earth Intruders'.When it was released Timbaland was producing gem after gem and this was no exception.I actually quite loved the fact that it was a bit un-Bjork (thank you for the term, Josh Pinder) and out of her comfort zone.It didn't feel like abandoning her roots to me, just wanting to explore another direction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Great! I love Bjork at least her older stuff. I really like Crystalline and Virus. They are a little more accessible although still eccentric.
    I went off of her around the time of Medulla which I don't care for it all.
    I listened to Volta, but I wasn't too crazy about that either. It had some good ideas but the songs seemed sort of unfinished.
    But pop definitely needs someone eccentric and unique like her. I just hope she can reign some of her more self indulgent instincts and realize that you can still be groundbreaking while writing pop melodies.

Yeah I'm not too crazy about Medulla either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I love her too.'Bachelorette' is my all time favorite Bjork song and video.I just love it.So amazing and so...Bjork, I guess.

I loved 'Earth Intruders'.When it was released Timbaland was producing gem after gem and this was no exception.I actually quite loved the fact that it was a bit un-Bjork (thank you for the term, Josh Pinder) and out of her comfort zone.It didn't feel like abandoning her roots to me, just wanting to explore another direction.

for you O.Michel anytime at all mate! :)

I may check it out after i have her new one :)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone ordered the £500 version of the new album (Biophilia)? You get a nice set of tuning forks with it.

http://shop.bjork.com/Store/DII-1817-8-biophilia+the+ultimate+edition+preorder.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Anyone ordered the £500 version of the new album (Biophilia)? You get a nice set of tuning forks with it.

http://shop.bjork.com/Store/DII-1817-8-biophilia+the+ultimate+edition+preorder.html

I was gonna mention that! It looks SO cool!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohmygawwwd that does look cool!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is everyones favorite album by Bjork and east favorite out of the ones they own?

I think the one i play the most is Debut! Because it reminds me of the 90s a lot and of its very kinda Dance Pop style influences!

But i think Homogenic edges itslightly! It was my first Bjork album because of my lvoe for All Is Full Of Love...and it was bought around the same time i bought Madonnas Ray Of Light too and both of them are landmark masterpiece albums. And I believe set the benchmark for Electronica/Progressive Dance to be used in Pop! :cool:

Homogenic
    Debut

dont have Medulla or Volta just yet! But cannot wait to rank her next one :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Björk one of the best female singer around IMO :)
    Ive not really heard debut or post apart from a couple of songs but like all the others probably homogenic is my favourite.

I also love crystalline and her new song cosmogony havent heard virus though will youtube it...

Here is one of her new songs cosmogony quite beatiful IMO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRcNYOHpYoc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosmogony is brilliant! The intro reminds me of the THX sounds lol i love it! :cool:

This album is going to be fantastic!

This is the reason why she is one of my all time faves! Just so very out there! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Post was a tad overrated. I really like it but a few songs are kinda dull. I still love Debut. Big Time Sensuality and There's More To Life Than This are two of my favourite Björk songs!
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    listening to gling glo at the moment.great album.the volta live in paris film is a treat for the senses,highly recommended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crystallin has a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZhkfwrxNOc

had no idea it was out already for a few weeks! :cool:

I love it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have any of you bought a Bjöphilia app?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love:

All is full of love
    Declare Independance
    Army of me

Haven't listened to too much of her of her other stuff though, so need to get around to it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After re-listening I have decided that at the moment my three favourite Björk songs are There's More To Life Than This, Earth Intruders and Big Time Sensuality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Debut - one of my favourite albums ever!

http://yfrog.com/h67721j

^^ Album cover has been released, looks really good imo!
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg I love her so much! "All Is Full Of Love" is my favourite song by her. <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Debut - one of my favourite albums ever!

http://yfrog.com/h67721j

^^ Album cover has been released, looks really good imo!

Mine too. Looks almost Identical to the Crystalline cover... Good though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been a new song/app released?