Heard the most ridiculous thing yesterday.

Comments

• manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    I hate electric shaving. The other half uses one as he complains he looks 12 if he wet shaves. Haha. I can't seem to get on with electric shavers. I've got one in the cupboard but only used it twice

Any other but Philishave gives me a rash.
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any other but Philishave gives me a rash.

Usually it feels like each hair is being ripped out of my face. The one I don't use I got free at work but it wasn't a cheap one either. I think it was worth £40+
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Electric razors make me look like a pimply teenager. Luckily though I could probably shave with a knife from the kitchen and my skin would not notice so cheap razors are fine for me :)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    you can choose to not wear sanitary products, it may nit be cleanest/safest option but u can still make that choice

if i choose not to shave my face , i get untidy and messy....same would apply to you if you didn't buy sanitary products

i think sanitary products AND razor blades for men should be made available cheaper to those on low incomes/benefits as they can be quite expensive

but then you would get all the bearded people saying 'they use my hard earned tax to shave'

Wow, so I have a choice, so for 5 - 7 days a month it would be okay for me to walk around, get the bus to work, visit people's houses, go out in the evening, all whilst blood is flowing from my body, extremely heavily during the first couple of days? Or do you suggest I should lock myself away and not leave the house until my period is over?

Hate to break it to you, but not using sanitary products would result in something slightly more unpleasant then getting a bit messy and untidy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Wow, so I have a choice, so for 5 - 7 days a month it would be okay for me to walk around, get the bus to work, visit people's houses, go out in the evening, all whilst blood is flowing from my body, extremely heavily during the first couple of days? Or do you suggest I should lock myself away and not leave the house until my period is over?

Hate to break it to you, but not using sanitary products would result in something slightly more unpleasant then getting a bit messy and untidy.

dont forget its not just a flow. We'd be despositing some lovely clumps allover town :D
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not ridiculous at all for a man living in a house with 4 women, to complain about the exorbitant cost of sanitary protection. As others have said, the products aren't cheap.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    you can choose to not wear sanitary products, it may nit be cleanest/safest option but u can still make that choice

if i choose not to shave my face , i get untidy and messy....same would apply to you if you didn't buy sanitary products

But you looking untidy and messy due to not shaving is not quite the same as the consequences to other people of women not wearing sanitary protection!!!

The mind boggles.... :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it is still a choice... you are choosing to buy a product to absorb your discharges....if sanitary products didnt exist, women would manage fine, there are plenty of ways around not having sanitary products

albeit its not a choice i hope many ladies would make

i did state they and razors (for facial hair ) should be subsidised for low income/benefit claimants

im not suggesting you hide away, but there are ways you could survive without them,

more frequent washing and improvisation would suffice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is still a choice... you are choosing to buy a product to absorb your discharges....if sanitary products didnt exist, women would manage fine, there are plenty of ways around not having sanitary products

Such as? I can't think of any!

I do actually think women's sanitary products should be available free to those on benefits with no other income. I say that as a tax-payer too.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    In the 1800s in Germany and England some women wore homemade pads but most did not, it was the custom for rural women & women of lower classes to bleed into their clothing (until the late 19th century most women in Britain, Germany North America did not use any menstrual devices at all). Washing and changing underclothing was seen as a health risk (women feared it would block the bleeding or cause more intense bleeding), and most women didn’t wear underpants. The smell & sight of menstrual blood was probably much more common back then than it is today

http://myperiodblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/history-of-menstruation-part-1/

:eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

really??

sanitary products are hardly the pinnacle of design ..an old tshirt cut and folded?

some cotton wool? i dunno, there are millions of ways you could stem the flow

fragranced cotton wool is basically what you are paying for

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=homemade+sanitary+products+
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do actually think women's sanitary products should be available free to those on benefits with no other income. I say that as a tax-payer too.

Ever heard the expression "rag week"? :eek:;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really??

sanitary products are hardly the pinnacle of design ..an old tshirt cut and folded?

There you are ladies. Oh and old tea-towels torn up too. :o
    Forum Member
    There you are ladies. Oh and old tea-towels torn up too. :o

and men could use a piece of flint for shaving problems solved. yay me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i tried the flint from my lighter, dont think its big enough :(
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

Except that, as we have leant from call the midwife, most lower class women were pregnant or had just given birth most of the time so rarely had a period. also, lifestyles were a bit different then...
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    Except that, as we have leant from call the midwife, most lower class women were pregnant or had just given birth most of the time so rarely had a period. also, lifestyles were a bit different then...

yes, that`s the point of historic articles.
    Forum Member
    i tried the flint from my lighter, dont think its big enough :(

try the petrol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member

or a sharp knife, or old fashioned shaving razor.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    really??

Fantastic, finally a use for my old t shirts, because hey, they'd be great at absorbing the blood, and I'm sure the accompanying smell would be delightful as well - plus the look as I strut down the road with an old t shirt stuffed in my knickers - divine.

Now, how about you use one of your kitchen knifes to shave with, ? They've got a blade, sure they'd do just as good a job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try the petrol.

:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think woman should boycott sanitary products
    we need a new product

in this day n age we shouldn't be so readily using disposable products that are so harmful to the environment and drainage systems of our beautiful world, also the health implications that arise from misuse/reactions to chemicals within etc ,
    we really need to come up a with reusable product that satisfies the modern woman needs

any1 tried a mooncup thing?

the petrol made my head buzz,
    still have the hairy fuzz
    Forum Member
    i think woman should boycott sanitary towels
    we need a new product

in this day n age we shouldn't be so readily using disposable products that are so harmful to the environment and drainage systems of our beautiful world, also the health implications that arise from misuse/reactions to chemicals within etc ,
    we really need to come up a with reusable product that satisfies the modern woman needs

in before mooncups.

oh.

gprs: bonus.
  • Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D at some of the comments !!!

A cut up t shirt !! For goodness sake :eek:

The comments on here have really made me laugh, mostly the male's perspective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in before mooncups.

oh.

gprs: bonus.

surely mooncup is answer to ops dilemma

give every girl a free mooncup periodically (pardon the pun)

they last a long time , wouldn't cost a fraction of what subsidising sanitary products, and would benefit womans health and the environment