Once Upon A Time- Season 2(US PACE)

Comments

• BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting start to the new season :)
    Liked it quite a lot some twists and turns:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promo for next week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnAUtUUQcJY&feature=player_embedded

All I have to say :cool: and Captian hook looks hot:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    That was amazing! I loved loved loved it.

I had a slight fear Regina would die. Then I remembered I hadn't heard she was leaving, so I felt a bit better. Henry is still annoying though, but I felt very sorry for him. I wish he hadn't seen Regina trying to kill Charming :rolleyes:

I want to know if August/Pinocchio is alive, does his dad get to see him? Will he even recognise him? What about Jefferson and Grace? Arhh so exciting and so many questions.

Only criticism, I didn't like the girl that played Aurora. She's my favourite princess and I didn't like her!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVED the first episode!

Stayed up to watch it air in the US. :D
    I loved the actress who is playing Mulan! She's perfect! Wasn't a big fan of Sleeping Beauty, but maybe she'll get better as the show goes on. I like that Snow and Charming aren't forcing Emma to talk about everything yet, but Snow is keeping on a bit. :p

The Wraith was pretty creepy! Probably one of the coolest villains they've had in the show thus far. Loved seeing Red in this episode, even if I would've liked a bit more of her on screen. Thankfully since she's now been put as a regular on the show, I guess we'll be seeing her a lot more! Wish Archie would've got more screentime as well, since he's my favourite.

Above all else, we still don't know who Dr. Whale is! Even Charming asked him who he was. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVED the first episode!

Stayed up to watch it air in the US. :D
    I loved the actress who is playing Mulan! She's perfect! Wasn't a big fan of Sleeping Beauty, but maybe she'll get better as the show goes on. I like that Snow and Charming aren't forcing Emma to talk about everything yet, but Snow is keeping on a bit. :p

The Wraith was pretty creepy! Probably one of the coolest villains they've had in the show thus far. Loved seeing Red in this episode, even if I would've liked a bit more of her on screen. Thankfully since she's now been put as a regular on the show, I guess we'll be seeing her a lot more! Wish Archie would've got more screentime as well, since he's my favourite.

Above all else, we still don't know who Dr. Whale is! Even Charming asked him who he was. :p
    '

I want to know who he is too :p
    Also mystery man at the start :confused:
    I am thinking Henry's father or Bae

Was it only me but did everyone think they were on the wrong show at the start??
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    '

I want to know who he is too :p
    Also mystery man at the start :confused:
    I am thinking Henry's father or Bae

Was it only me but did everyone think they were on the wrong show at the start??
    :)

No! I totally thought I'd clicked on the wrong link! It wasn't until the actors names started to appear at the bottom of the screen that I realised!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved that! Where to start?!

My theory is that the mystery man is Bae, but that's probably the common theory. :D

I don't really care that the Wraith was essentially a Dementor, I always loved them in HP! Definitely one of my favourite villains so far, I hope it returns.

I loved the twist of the Mulan/Sleeping Beauty flashbacks actually not being flashbacks at all, but rather happening alongside the Storybrooke action. Perhaps that was
    the rumoured Lost-style twist?

Finally, I just loved seeing Storybrooke now being a magical setting, with everyone knowing the truth and seeing the Wraith rampage through the streets. The show has really succeeded in evolving and making sure this new season is fresh and different from Season 1. So excited to see what is to come. :)
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xgem90x wrote: »
    I want to know if August/Pinocchio is alive, does his dad get to see him? Will he even recognise him? What about Jefferson and Grace? Arhh so exciting and so many questions.

I want him to return too! I think he was probably one of the most unique characters in the show. I hope we see him again. :cry:
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other interesting question was who sent the mystery man at the beginning the message?

A Dementor, surpirsed ABC got away with using the Wraith. Unless...... Warner let ABC use the rights of HP and Henry turns out to be Harry Potter :D. Joking aside I did like them though.

Loved the ep, it did the lost thing of asking more questions then answers but I think that's what series openers should do.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Wraith existed way before Harry Potter was even a twinkle in Rowling's eye.

They steal souls while the Dementors make you feel despair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wraith existed way before Harry Potter was even a twinkle in Rowling's eye.

They steal souls while the Dementors make you feel despair.

The Dementors steal souls, too - The Dementor's Kiss.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dementors steal souls, too - The Dementor's Kiss.

OH right, well they are basically Wraiths then.
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the man at the beginning was
    Both Bae AND Henry's father, that would be some twist!

Although there were a load of things in his apartment, monocles, the hat sign etc. and some think he's the white rabbit from Wonderland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fantastic premier, that show is so strong!

I wasn't a big fan of Mulan but then I'm not a big fan of the movie either. I didn't care much for their story but that's probably because I was too eager to get back to SB

the Charmings reunion was brilliant, a shame for them to be split up again straight away but I have no doubt it'll provide some brilliant episodes to come

it had a very Lost-esque feel to it, I always appreciate that :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me who Bae is please? Not sure if I'm being ignorant or not!

I loved this - some 40 minute shows can drag on a bit but I found this flew past. Some of the last season dragged a little for me but I'm really looking forward to this season based on the opening episode.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corking return. It moved along at a fair pace and left me eager for next week. I was worried that Belle was going to die when she stormed out on Gold and am glad she didn't.

I do hope we see Pinocchio and his father reunited.

SwanQueen shippers will be having kittens over their touching bringing back Regina's magic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me who Bae is please? Not sure if I'm being ignorant or not!

I loved this - some 40 minute shows can drag on a bit but I found this flew past. Some of the last season dragged a little for me but I'm really looking forward to this season based on the opening episode.

Bae (or Baelfire) is Rumpel / Mr Gold's son. He fell through a portal to another world prior to The Curse, but hasn't been seen in Storybrooke yet.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    So it seems in the new dark fairy tale land there are no more happy endings?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh fab episode and so many questions! Who the chuffing chuff is dr. Whale? Who was the man at the beginning? Where is Jefferson? Where is pinocchio?

It really did have a great Lost vibe to it and loved the twist of the fairytale world being a 'flash sideways' although not keen on the 3 characters there.

Can't wait til next week :)

Edit: just thought of something else, why have we never seen Jim Robinsons character in Storybrooke? I'm sure I saw a cast list for S2 but don't remember Alan Dale being on it.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, oh, oh I have just watched!!

Absolutely awesome

Loved Jamie Chung as Mulan - not so keen on Sleeping Beauty

Kinda sad they have whisked Emma and Snow back to Fairytale Land but I can see some good things coming from that

Sorry, Charming/David really annoys me and I am not entirely sure why....... :o

Cannot wait for episode 2
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    poppycat wrote: »
    just thought of something else, why have we never seen Jim Robinsons character in Storybrooke? I'm sure I saw a cast list for S2 but don't remember Alan Dale being on it.

We've seen Alan Dale in Storybrooke, he was the District Attorney prosecuting Mary Margaret.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    We've seen Alan Dale in Storybrooke, he was the District Attorney prosecuting Mary Margaret.

Really?!?! Can't believe I missed that! :confused: I know I missed a part of one episode, maybe he popped up then! :D
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    One of the few bad things about the opener was that I had to do without my fix of Red. :mad:
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    ozpoppins wrote: »
    That. Was. Awesome! loved the Charmings reunion. Not sure about the Wraith thing though, dementors anyone?!!

Well, we loved the first series, and thought this new beginning was good, but could be better.

Problem 1: Straight rip-off from Dementors. Quite surprised JKR hasn't sued.

Problem 2: Why is Prince Charming still referring to Snow White as Mary-Margaret? He, and everyone else now knows her ID.

Problem 3: Why doesn't Mulan recognize the most famous person in fairyland?
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member

Problem 1: Straight rip-off from Dementors. Quite surprised JKR hasn't sued.

Wraiths were around long before JK created the Dementors.