Great Night Out

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    BTW, did anyone else spot that the United supporter's dad was played by the bloke who was Kenny Senior in Phoenix Nights?

Knew it was a 'face I know from somewhere' then again it's chocked full of 'faces'

I'm still liking the show, storylines need a bit of calming though.
    Better than the camping one which went too far IMO.
    Begsy's Mum's speech and load of randoms turning up at Mad Tony's was a bit too much, if still amusing.

Lots of good gags in there and it's got a fair bit of charm, so I can ignore the storyline to an extent.

Roll on series 2, I say.
    When's the repeat?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    "Steven James McDonald, come on down!'. One of my favourite lines from Corrie ever!:D

The scenes just before he got killed were really funny.

Even though it was rather silly, it still kept me amused throughout:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Glad to see some positive posts about "Great night out", I've heard it had received a lot of bad reports. I've watched every episode and enjoyed it, light hearted TV to unwind after a busy week.

I also liked the fact it was based on four male friends, its usually female friends.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last episode was highly enjoyable. The series has improved with every episode.

I liked the line, "I don't even know where the music is coming from" :D
  • robotrobot Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this has been a great show for a Friday night. All the guys have been really good, some daft but not too daft story lines.

Great fun all round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I loved this, I really hope it's back for a second series.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I concur, however they did kind of tie everything up at the end so who knows.
  • djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched 'Great Night Out' can't stop thinking of how light and summery it was outside especially when the FA Cup 3rd Round is played on the first week of January.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this comes back for a 2nd series we loved it:D
    Forum Member
    bgtension wrote: »

To be honest I never thought about any storylines being 'tied up', just a bit of fun with the characters little dramas moving along.
    I've learned not to question the storylines too much and just enjoy the jokes, that said, I hope they reign it back in the hoped for second series.

Heard an interview with Mal Young this week.
    Producers, Writers try leaving things open ended in the hope that the commissioners might be swayed because personally they want to see what happens.
    Nothing helps if the figures are really poor though.
    Apparently the Americans film a couple of episodes ahead of air date, instead of getting the whole series in the can.
    They'll kill a series literally mid-shot, by the time the cast is in the carpark the sets are being stripped and the timber recycled :)
  • hallchallc Posts: 199,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best ever comedy show,but still watchable, hope it returns
    Forum Member
    lilster wrote: »
    Glad to see some positive posts about "Great night out", I've heard it had received a lot of bad reports. I've watched every episode and enjoyed it, light hearted TV to unwind after a busy week.

I also liked the fact it was based on four male friends, its usually female friends.

It's nice that the female other halves aren't complete cardboard cut-out nagging harridans.
    Although their not best mates like the chaps they get along and have their own thing going on.

Anyway I need to forget about it now, until/if a second series comes along.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roll on series 2, I say.

I agree. I rather liked series one.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, a very good finale and hope it comes back. Glad now I did not follow through with my intention to delete them without looking at them now! A great laugh.

I thought it was funny a couple of episodes back when one of them asked if they had trouble downstairs (ED) when (due to his poor workmanship hours before) he had flooded his mate's living room!
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do we petition to get it back for a second series?!
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really did not like the 'dead dog' story-line, it was not in the slightest bit funny.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    It's nice that the female other halves aren't complete cardboard cut-out nagging harridans.
    Although their not best mates like the chaps they get along and have their own thing going on.

Yes I agree, the female other halves are strong characters in there own right and its good they all get along yet don't over shadow the four men. I hope they do a second series, I don't think they tied up all the storylines and I preferred the mischief they got up more than the big storylines.
  • 10monty10monty Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I really did not like the 'dead dog' story-line, it was not in the slightest bit funny.:mad:

The dog wasn't dead. Even if it was its only pretend. Get a grip, its light hearted fun.
    Forum Member

Yes it was, because the Dog wasn't dead, it's make believe.
    Looked like a fake/stuffed Dog anyway.

You'll be glad to know there was a 'No animals were harmed...' message at the end.
    I had to pause it, couldn't work out what it was.

Maybe you're just on a gee-up.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The idea of it leaving a suicide note was. :)
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knew it was a 'face I know from somewhere' then again it's chocked full of 'faces'

I'm still liking the show, storylines need a bit of calming though.
    Better than the camping one which went too far IMO.
    Begsy's Mum's speech and load of randoms turning up at Mad Tony's was a bit too much, if still amusing.

Lots of good gags in there and it's got a fair bit of charm, so I can ignore the storyline to an extent.

Roll on series 2, I say.
    When's the repeat?
    lilster wrote: »

The last episode was highly enjoyable. The series has improved with every episode.

I liked the line, "I don't even know where the music is coming from" :D
    robot wrote: »
    Yes, this has been a great show for a Friday night. All the guys have been really good, some daft but not too daft story lines.

Great fun all round.
    bgtension wrote: »
    purplecatz wrote: »
    Hope this comes back for a 2nd series we loved it:D

Anyway I need to forget about it now, until/if a second series comes along.

j22kh wrote: »
    I agree. I rather liked series one.
    Who do we petition to get it back for a second series?!

Cracking show, and those ladies were comical themselves, lots of scope for a new series, even one a bit longer......

It could be a funnier Cold Feet, with a slightly younger entourage....

Made me laugh out loud, lots of times throughout all the episodes......

Everyone who loved this show on here, should copy and paste some of the positive posts and write/email ITV (God knows what address though)

maybe try this lady (new to her job too)

Myfanwy Moore - ITV Commissioning Editor, Comedy.
    http://greenlight.broadcastnow.co.uk/commissioning-editors/467

and Hat Trick Productions (ditto) who produced the show......

Helen Williams - executive producer comedy.....

http://www.hattrick.co.uk/about-us/company-members/?mem_id=3

It got a steady 3 million (probably returning) viewers, which for a friday night is good going....

Would LOVE a new series, keeping up with strong writing....and the great cast.....

Lots of writing scope, holidays, wedding to see, the stag do..
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    I guess you are under 30.

46 actually :D
  • SouthernerSoutherner Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed this series, hope it will come back soon.

I love Barmy Bev - who swallowed the ring - she's my fave, you just don't know what she's gonna do next! :eek: :D

Ricky T as the landlord can be hilarious with his comments like when the tall guy's - Glen? - hospital robe was blown open by a gust revealing his nether regions prompting the landlord to shout about getting the chipolatas out he'd forgotten about!
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Boardman has just tweeted to say it hasnt been recommissioned :(

I think bad move by itv personally. Twas a good little show
    Forum Member
    Lee Boardman has just tweeted to say it hasnt been recommissioned :(

I think bad move by itv personally. Twas a good little show

Rather a shame, I think, then again I don't know how many bums it put on seats.
    I think it had legs and not a small amount of charm, which made up for some clunkyness in the scripts.